What I started out riding.

Iowarider

My first sled was a new '78 Polaris SS 340. No gauges, speedo just a plain old sled that liked to throw bars off of the track. Now I have a'12 Switchback Assault. We have come a long way.

skiroule

First “His and Hers” sleds: My 72 Skiroule RTX 440 and my wife’s 72 Chaparral SSII 400. Also pictured: My brother’s 72 400 Charger.

The_Lineup.jpg Drift_Bust_III.jpg

Snojoe

Sno-scoot

image.jpg
Woke up x-mas morning to a bright red sno-scoot. I never had seen anything like it! Best day ever!

skiroule

Is that you gettin' her done in the action shot? Thats Bada$$ skiroule!!! Lol

Yep, metalflake helmet and all. It was fun then and it's fun now! Have got to get me one of those old blue metalflake buckets again (and a pair of mirror sunglasses).

stealthv

Thirty-eight years separate my first new sled I got as a kid and the latest...

DSC01516.JPG

DSC01522.JPG

DSC01522.JPG

DSC01521.JPG
DSC01519.JPG

DSC01518.JPG

DSC01517.JPG

DSC01515.JPG

DSC01530.JPG

1975 Lynx 250
2013 ProClimb M800 Sno Pro Limited w/o ES

Last edited:

skiroule

If the last shot had been first in the sequence I would have been wondering where the Lynx was. Would have been interesting if Cat had added a purple accent option to their retro line, in addition to the green. Too risky from a marketing perspective I suppose.

38 years - Not many people hang onto their first sled that long. I assume there were others in between. Otherwise, I guess you were due for a new one.

stealthv

Hmm... The forum software cropped all the photos. Will fix tonight.

Yes, there have been many in between and still have eleven of them. Eight still run with a couple of pulls ofof the rope, two need a little TLC after being neglected for decades and only one is in need of more serious repair with a hole in a piston. Of course, they're all Arctic Cats.

Would like to see Arctic Cat bring back the feline nomenclature. Today's F1100 Turbo would be better as an El Tigre.

cooksend

Rollo Flex.jpg

This is the first sled I ever got to sqeeze the trigger on! A 1972 Rollo Flex 340. Thanks to my dad for introducing me into the best sport ever!

bankers_hours

'67 Polaris Mustang one lunger, maybe 20 hp? Big wide cleated track. Had a sweet one piece suit with patches on it. 10 years old or so, heaven!

Started on a 1970 Ski Doo Elan and was lucky as the old man upgraded the pair every two years. Had a 340 Everest, then a couple of TNT's, Citation 4500, Everest 500 and then sold them all when I graduated. Now have a 1980 250 Bravo for the kid, 95 two up Formula 583,06 Rev 800 and 12 GSX 800. Technology is not overrated after riding some of the old iron!

polaris2

1969 Rupp 29 Sprint.jpg 1969 Rupp 29 Sprint. Bought it used 1970 and was worn out only put a couple hundred miles on it and traded it in on a new Rupp 440. This picture looks like the one I had right down to the missing wind shield.

Last edited:

Football coach

The first sled I owned was a 79 Yamaha Exciter. My wife bought at a garage sale for 200 dollars and brought it home in the back of her mini van. Rode that thing until the engine seized most fun I had ever had.

D

Deleted member 10829

stealthv,

LOVE the comparison pictures! Very cool to see side by side like that. Can't wait to see sleds in another 20 years when I'm 70 and still riding!

staple66

First sled was a kitty cat and second was a 72 Scorpion 340 that was my dads. I spent all the money I made doing chores putting the old thing back together. Rode both of them into the ground.

jr37

My first sled was a big old Evinrude, wide track. Perfect for a beginner. That sled could'nt go 15 mph down hill with a tail wind.

lvr1000

Is that you gettin' her done in the action shot? Thats Bada$$ skiroule!!! Lol

From the camera angle, looks like that may have ended up as a "stuck"

Nice touch on the side by sides. I most likely would have my first sled if it wasn't stolen out of a 4place LOCKed enclosed (cap) trailer. I still have my first NEW car, only 5154 miles!

Last edited: