What is a cost for an oil change for 2013 ski "ace" 600 touring?

indy_500

I got an oil change and a new battery Yuasa (the old one was an Interstate battery that lasted 3 years) and sled is running great. I have 6k miles on it, what is the most miles anybody has heard
on a ski doo ACE touring sled? is 10K possible? I ride around 300 miles per year.
10k easy. You will likely wear out the chassis of the sled before you wear out that motor.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good News! Your ACE will probably outlast all the other components on your sled. Change the Oil & Filter once a year, then just gas and go!

jjj70095

What is current value of it you think? It was the first model that came out in 2011 and has been the best sled I ever had. Very smooth ride.
6k adult driven miles. New carbides, battery,oil, filter, slides, and wheels.

I thought you only change oil on it every 3k miles??

SHOOT2KILL

I got an oil change and a new battery Yuasa (the old one was an Interstate battery that lasted 3 years) and sled is running great. I have 6k miles on it, what is the most miles anybody has heard
on a ski doo ACE touring sled? is 10K possible? I ride around 300 miles per year.
Dealer in West Bend, Wi sells used rental fleet 600 aces with over 12k miles on them...Still trying to get upwards of $5-6k for them...

old abe

I charged my ski doo ace sled battery 3 days ago and sled started with no problem. When I try to start it now the past 2 days, the system lights and gas guage light up as normal, but I just get a click click click sound.....I recharged battery now for 12 hours with my battery maintainer, and system lights come on with the normal 2 beeps, but just got one click and no start.

The battey maintainer has a green light fully charged on it, so is it the battery or the starter????? The battery is around 3 years old.
3 year old Battery should be fine if maintained properly. I suggest checking your ground connections first of all. I always put a star washer between the ground wire tab, and the chassis. Ive never had anymore ground issues after doing so. Always use AGM batteries in power sport vehicles. Batteries aren't cheap, and I am firm believer in battery maintainers. They cost pennies to operate, My farm and construction equipment batteries cost BIG $$$$$$!

Last edited:

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, from my experience that clicking sound is from a dead or weak battery. Too little juice to engage the starter. Most likely time to move on to a new one.

snomoman

For what it’s worth and pertaining to this thread, Amazon has a sale on an oil change kit for ace 900, it’s just under $72, I think they are bringing the price down by giving you 3 1/2 quarts of oil instead of 4

indy_500

For what it’s worth and pertaining to this thread, Amazon has a sale on an oil change kit for ace 900, it’s just under $72, I think they are bringing the price down by giving you 3 1/2 quarts of oil instead of 4
The kit always had 3.5 qts as that is what the 900 ace requires, but that’s puts you in the middle of the min/max dipstick level. Wish they’d just give you 4

cooksend

I charged my ski doo ace sled battery 3 days ago and sled started with no problem. When I try to start it now the past 2 days, the system lights and gas guage light up as normal, but I just get a click click click sound.....I recharged battery now for 12 hours with my battery maintainer, and system lights come on with the normal 2 beeps, but just got one click and no start.

The battey maintainer has a green light fully charged on it, so is it the battery or the starter????? The battery is around 3 years old.
Be sure your connections are clean and tighten with a wrench. Loose terminal connections will do this often.

junior

Kind of hijacked his oil thread

machzdoo

I've changed my own, pretty basic, two plugs on the bottom and the filter. I use Mobil 0-40 which has a better price point than the BRP product.
A word of caution though. Those drain plugs can be stripped out so take your time and don't over tighten.

My Spyder on the other hand is rather involved when it comes to the oil change. I take that in to the dealer for around $225.
I can change mine for less than $40

machzdoo

Looks like a 2 stroke is way less costly than a 4stroke...Using the $225.00 dealership oil change fee...I can buy 112 qts of Mystik JT4 2s oil ( 7.99 per gal on clearance at F&F) for that same price...My sled gets 180mi per qt...So thats 20,000+ miles worth of oil...2022 Gade 600 efi...
I can Change my oil for less than $40 Thats less than 1 gallon of 2 stroke oil

machzdoo

The BRP oil change kits are $90. Includes oil, filter, oring, and new crush washers. Have a 14 Ace 900, and the motor/chassis was designed very well to accomadate oil changes and is extremely easy.

My plan is to change the oil, filter, whole sha-bang every other year, but drain and refill just strictly the oil every year.

As far as the cost comparison to a 2 stroke, yes, majority of 2 stroke injector oil is $50/gal and most sledders burn probably 2 gallons a season, Therefore making the cost of owning a 4s not any cheaper. Most 4s are more efficient on fuel though, and the motor will outlast a 2s tenfold.

If you’re not rebuilding your own 2 strokes, most dealers charge $2k+ just for a top end, which is where you’re going to save in the long run owning a 4s. At one point a few years ago I owned 5 sleds, and I had done a top end rebuild on 4/5 of them. It gets old after awhile! 4s isn’t for anyone but just trying to give some perspective!
I can get oil and filter at Fleetfarm for less then $40 There is no need to buy the BRP kit.

old abe

Oil and filter at Fleetfarm less than $40
However you aren't able to get the 2 Crush washers at Fleet Farm. Crush washers are made for a one time use. I have reused them once, but would not advise reusing them anymore than once.;)