What is with all the new internet tough-guy's?

thunderstruck88

hi I am a somewhat of a newbee on here but I feel like this is a very nice place to talk about snowmobiling I have not had any one talk to me much but thats ok after all I am from Ohio and we don't have too many so called trails to talk about down here Wishing I was up there playing in the snow but work calls have a good night and a safe trip to work for all you up there THINK SNOW TO!!!!!!!!!!!

srt20

Guys I apologize for some of the things I went on about in the other posts. I wasnt trying to be an internet tough guy or ethug. IMO that guy was being a jerk, and I guess got involved when I shouldnt have. I have been a member here for at least 5 years. And I never had a problem with anyone else. I find lots of useful info, especially John's forecasts. I know this is a family oriented site, and I'm sorry if I offended anybody that read any of the posts, except the guy it was aimed at.

I look forward to continuing to be a part of this family website.

Bret

whitedust

Looks like I missed some nasty remarks on tech talk while digging out today. I try to help as many people as can & anyone & everyone can agree or disagree with me within the rules on any topic. When someone gets huffy about a brand or a help suggestion I just ingnor them & stay within the rules no personal attacks. Really what is the point? This is supposed be good clean down home fun. This is the JD community & as it grows more newbies will log on & they will soon see this is not like other sites the JD Mods WILL delete you if you get out of line & don't follow the rules. You also have to remember that we have some young kids within the JD community that deserve good examples of mature responses from our older members. If something gets your guts churning just pass on that post & come back to it later. When you come back later you may be thinking in a very different tone & wonder what bugged you in the first place. It is up to all of us to follow the rules all the time & not put pressure on the Mods. We all love the outdoors & sleddin so it is very possible that if we could meet each other in person we would like each other & enjoy the company. Anyway that is how I handle things when someone nips....just let it slide & move on. Thank you Mods & JD for keeping the peace to make this the best weather & sleddin site on the net.

frnash

Looks like I missed some nasty remarks ... today.

Ditto here, I must have been out of school when the manure hit the propeller.

This is the JD community & as it grows more newbies will log on & they will soon see this is not like other sites the JD Mods WILL delete you if you get out of line & don't follow the rules.

I have been having private conversations among some "friends" today, trying to understand the concept of "friends".

Perhaps my problem is that I always felt that there was something special and unique about the "old" jd forum, that is ALL of the members were in fact at least "friends", if not "family". It was always a that kind of a civilized, "friendly" place. To the extent that it is still so, I guess I don't see the point to this "friends" thing.

Not that I'm complaining. It's a nice thought, it's just that I haven't met anyone here (yet?) that I would choose to EXCLUDE from my list of "friends".

I sincerely hope it remains that kind of a place! {smile} (I want my smileys back! Actually "emoticons" have significant value in text based communications — for expressing … emotions!)

As to the "friends" thing: I have a hunch. a "friend" said, "Other sites do the friend thing and I am not sure why."

My reply:"I think perhaps because most other sites aren't nearly as cohesive as the jd bunch, some seem populated by "warring camps".

As this site grows, I hope we don't go there!

Thank you Mods & JD for keeping the peace to make this the best weather & sleddin site on the net.
Amen to that!

fredster

Stress levels are high because snow depths are low. Look for attititudes to improve as the snowpack gets deeper and broader!!!!

freezinbevr

frnash,

Common sense and Common descency ain't that common no mo'. Except among people who choose to be respectful, descent human beings.

There always the exception of the occasional Knucklehead no matter where you go. Just need to band together and keep the family feel strong. (and the occasional smiley!)

mride460

I am happy to say that although I personally dont know anyone on this board. I have been a member since sometime in 2006 and no matter what I have posted (a comment or question about something) I have never been bashed or made to feel anything but welcomed. This is a great site and I would let my kids come here anytime, because of the manner in which it is moderated.
Thanks JD for a great site and keep up the good work.

98panther

What's the matter did "Big Motor Guy" get his feeling hurt?

LOL, JK, I seldom read the tech section so must of missed it.