What, no talk? no speculation?

euphoric1

Cat to unveil "big bore Catalyst" at Haydays Cat... "Big News and we guarantee it was worth the wait" Had heard rumor from another friend/Dee member and have been surprised no mention on Dee, just looked at Doo talk, plenty of speculation there that's for sure. 700? 858? 900? isn't anyone curious? anyone got their new Catalyst yet?

euphoric1

maybe so much chat on doo talk....people are worried? after all not that long ago it was all doom and gloom LOL

whitedust

Ac Doom and gloom is pointless now Textron said bye bye to Yamaha. Also no more doom and gloom for Yamaha since the boot dropped. Yamahas market share will be picked up by someone or cast to the remaining 3 OEMs. Imo it’s obvious AC will bulk up the catalyst with larger 2s engines to me the 600 is a perfect match as I don’t see how more than 150hp is useable on trails so I guess I’m a 700 guy now. Idk the market has transitioned down yet but for me less hp is more these days.

uncle_ed

Not much interest for me either with big bores anymore. Bad juju with the 900/1000 motors so I would suspect competing in the 850 class would make sense. Smooth and reliable would be a winner and they NEED a winner!

favoritos

Don't think that anyone has seen their production Catalyst yet.

I can imagine why the die hard power fans aren't talking too much about a new mill. If you rode Yammie Cats, the new motor isn't going to create much hype. For years, all they had to do was check off a box on their order form and they got the strongest motor in the market. On top of that, it didn't take big bucks to add even more power. That box looks like it has been removed from the order form even with the 860 mill.

There are also plenty of us that probably owned strung out 2S big bore motors that lost a little love for that game. It's hard to get excited about that being the top pick if we want big power.

I do think it's great to have another big 2S player in the mix. Competition and hype is part of the game. It may not be the easy top dog option that some riders want on their order form. That reality creates less talk and speculation.

euphoric1

Not much interest for me either with big bores anymore. Bad juju with the 900/1000 motors so I would suspect competing in the 850 class would make sense. Smooth and reliable would be a winner and they NEED a winner!
I loved my F1000, that thing was like a freight train! smooth.... not at all at idle....reliable....didn't give me any trouble other that one servo cable. The only ever real problem it gave me was when my wife collided into me with it lol. But I do miss it

600_RMK_144

They need something big. Last years H. Days announcement let most AC faithful down with only a 600 available in the new chassis. LOL!

katden4

Arctic Cat hopefully is getting back on track. They have a huge uphill battle to get faithful Cat customers back. Textron has been awful for them. Yes the Catalyst is new and exciting, I do have one on order. The big picture is they are light years behind in the 5 years or so Textron has been in charge. Their line of dirt products is the most embarrassing of all. Haydays will bring a new motor for the Catalyst, but they have a lot to prove to get consumers to purchase their brand. That's new and old customers. For the Dirt line, I personally think they are done.

Hoosier

Arctic Cat hopefully is getting back on track. They have a huge uphill battle to get faithful Cat customers back. Textron has been awful for them. Yes the Catalyst is new and exciting, I do have one on order. The big picture is they are light years behind in the 5 years or so Textron has been in charge. Their line of dirt products is the most embarrassing of all. Haydays will bring a new motor for the Catalyst, but they have a lot to prove to get consumers to purchase their brand. That's new and old customers. For the Dirt line, I personally think they are done.

The dirt brand all seems to have been all about supplying tracker. Agree I hope they get back on track.

euphoric1

maybe they will reveal an awsome snow bike.
I don't remember which snowmobile mag it was but I remember years ago an issue published "concept sleds and brands" and I remember Scorpion potentially making a comeback, a brand and correct me if I'm wrong but a brand called "Goat" and I do remember a "snow bike" like sled before what we have now and I thought it was a "snow hawk" maybe? and I remember seeing one in a back of a truck when up north a few years back, wonder what ever happened to those "concept sleds" would be nice to see a 4th brand offering again now that Yamaha is out of the game, other than a e-sled

euphoric1

Really nobody talking on here about the 858?
saw a post on off topic discussions , not sure why it is there but all I have to say is BOOM!!!! where be all you naysayers now? LOL. They might be late to the plate but this new chassis and the 858 motor doesn't sound like a company that the writing is on the wall with them. Lets not mention the lighter than the 600.....183hp!!!! and I dont know if anyone saw it but its crazy how low they have that engine sitting in the chassis!!! Ill bet that chassis handles VERY WELL!! as you cannot possibly get a lower center of gravity than what they pulled off!! HATS OFF TO CAT!!!! and again...may be late to the plate but they showed up with a very strong showing!!! I just wonder how many trade in 600's we will now see with the release of the 8. And curious about the price. I was also glad to see it was a 2 stroke! the instrument panel does nothing for me either. I will never understand teh hard on over guages and led lights, give me a tachometer, speedometer, fuel gage and some idiot lights and I'm good, no need for all that fancy crap, just more dinking around when we stop and someone has to go through gage functions, never had that problem with the basics. Funny though...there was plenty of talk when Cat was thought to be going away LOL

indy_500

Really nobody talking on here about the 858?
Was thinking the same thing, but, figured if anyone went to haydays they wouldn’t have had time to post on here anyways.

Not much excitement to be had for the non-cat enthusiasts, this engine won’t be available until 2025, 8 years after Doos 850, 6 years after Poos 850. They’ve already moved onto boosted factory 2 strokes. Hope it’s a home run for cat as it’s a few more horse than competitors, and paired with the new chassis should make for a fun sled, but again nothing “special” about it that hasn’t been offered by other OEMs for years.

Last edited: