What trip(s) have you cancelled so far?

snoden

Our first trip is January 6th - 13th. Haven't cancelled yet but it's not going to happen. We did make a backup reservation for March 9th - 16th at the same lodge. Now hoping our February 10th - 17th trip happens. Something's gotta change soon.

pclark

It was 40 degrees when we got back from Naperville tonight in Manitowish Waters. Was 38 degrees when we left Naperville this morning at 9am. Some weird shit going on, the lakes are starting to open up so I think it's going to be quite awhile before trails would even open providing we even get measurable snow. We need a huge dump and then cold weather so they can set up the trails, too warm for tis time of year.

wiharley02

Cancelled West Yellowstone/Island Park trip jan 7-10. Who da thunk even out there it would not be good. Maybe next year will get out there for 1st time.

I has to be a ton of cancellations at this point. As with most years on December 26th, we drove south from the Keweenaw deep into Wisconsin. We're normally meeting a steady stream of upbound vehicles and trailers the whole way. This year the northbound lanes were bare except for one pair of trucks and enclosed trailers that didn't get the memo (or had ATVs inside).

dfattack

Cancelled West Yellowstone/Island Park trip jan 7-10. Who da thunk even out there it would not be good. Maybe next year will get out there for 1st time.
I’m surprised to hear it’s not good out there. I saw recently somewhere groups were seen on the web cam entering the park. Are you saying they don’t have snow? Or some other reason you can’t go?

IOWASLEDDER

Canceled our trip starting January 7th-12th basing out of Watersmeet. Hopefuly maybe get up in February. If not, guess I'll have an extra week of vacation in the summer to bring the side by side up.

bayfly

I have until 12/29 to get a refund on our trip to Ishpeming for January 12 - 15. We have a group of 12 anxious to get out. It may be a challenge getting consensus but the rental is in my name so I have to make the call on that. With the cold air moving in I have to think there will be some snow, but any forecasts I’ve seen don’t show much. WWJD (what would John do)?

old abe

I’m surprised to hear it’s not good out there. I saw recently somewhere groups were seen on the web cam entering the park. Are you saying they don’t have snow? Or some other reason you can’t go?
From my past experiences it's much different riding inside the park verses outside, or bush trails?:unsure:
:unsure:

euphoric1

basing out of Watersmeet starting Jan 15, not throwing in the towel yet, last year we were a week later and were real close to canceling due to less than par conditions, not as bad a this year so far but none the less mother nature pulled through and created almost stellar conditions just before we went. I'll wait and hope she has a trick up her sleeve once again

indy_500

They have snow, it’s just not very good out there right now, most of the Rocky Mountains are a good month behind in snowpack. The only places with good snow right now on this continent are Alaska and B.C.

indy_500

Boulder junction trip planned Jan 18-21 is not looking hopeful, hoping there will be lake effect snow somewhere by then to chase after.

whitedust

Boulder junction trip planned Jan 18-21 is not looking hopeful, hoping there will be lake effect snow somewhere by then to chase after.
Imo you have to be thinking November conditions, warm temps, ground not frozen and lakes are open along with swamps. Les snowbelts are best chance for snow but will be jammed with traffic so darn difficult to plan anything in these conditions. Imo make plans and reservations with places with flexible cancellation policies and hope for the best and keep a watchful eye on the weather. Just no slam dunk areas anywhere now.

goofy600

I have until 12/29 to get a refund on our trip to Ishpeming for January 12 - 15. We have a group of 12 anxious to get out. It may be a challenge getting consensus but the rental is in my name so I have to make the call on that. With the cold air moving in I have to think there will be some snow, but any forecasts I’ve seen don’t show much. WWJD (what would John do)
bayfly think of it this way if you cancel because of no snow, no one else is going to jump at the chance to book without snow, so just be prepared to rebook if it starts getting snow. A little gamble but should be able to work.

old abe

They have snow, it’s just not very good out there right now, most of the Rocky Mountains are a good month behind in snowpack. The only places with good snow right now on this continent are Alaska and B.C.
Yeah, the conditions in Ontario are not anything close to what they should be at this time. They depend on the cold weather to freeze things up for streams, rivers, swamps, and lakes to freeze up deep in order for safe crossings. Deeper snow pack usually slows this process down. However this year with the no snow, and very low snow depths, that's not the issue, but it's the too warm of temps that have played badly into hard freeze ups.

old abe

Imo you have to be thinking November conditions, warm temps, ground not frozen and lakes are open along with swamps. Les snowbelts are best chance for snow but will be jammed with traffic so darn difficult to plan anything in these conditions. Imo make plans and reservations with places with flexible cancellation policies and hope for the best and keep a watchful eye on the weather. Just no slam dunk areas anywhere now.
Yep, X2!

rph130

Arrived in Presque Isle yesterday at 2 PM to 46 degree temps. Trail 6 that runs along County W had open water in the swampy areas. My lake was open at the shore. It's like March mud season here. I had hope for a ride this trip, but that ride is going to be in my truck. Looked in my cabin journals from 1997 when we bought up here until now and this is the first with no snow and no ride by New Years Eve.