What trip(s) have you cancelled so far?

Hoosier

Was going to take the kids up to Eagle River probably today. Oh well.

We passed up 2 good opportunities last year due to their sports schedules...won't make that mistake again!

durphee

Missed out on two/three trips so far and not looking good for Mercer 2nd week of January. Guess I’ll just chase it when we get it wherever it comes down at.

Usually head up to my cabin in Hayward right after Christmas and at least do some ice fishing and running the four wheelers on the lake if snow is low but even canceled that….guess I’ll start that master bathroom remodel.

Hoosier

Arrived in Presque Isle yesterday at 2 PM to 46 degree temps. Trail 6 that runs along County W had open water in the swampy areas. My lake was open at the shore. It's like March mud season here. I had hope for a ride this trip, but that ride is going to be in my truck. Looked in my cabin journals from 1997 when we bought up here until now and this is the first with no snow and no ride by New Years Eve.
The timing is interesting since the last El Niño of this magnitude was in 97.

wiharley02

I’m surprised to hear it’s not good out there. I saw recently somewhere groups were seen on the web cam entering the park. Are you saying they don’t have snow? Or some other reason you can’t go?
Fremont County Idaho (Island Park area) has yet to start grooming, not enough snow. Can't believe people are riding, friend of a friend is out in West Yellowstone right now and I saw a picture, they were in snowmobile gear and most of the ground in the background was bare. Ugh.

pclark

I don’t have pictures but heard it from a local that a few guys were water skiing on Trout Lake in Arbor Vitae, WI Christmas Day. Now that’s just plain fffffed. The lakes up here are Almost out, ice is dark just like in Spring.

heckler56

I don’t have pictures but heard it from a local that a few guys were water skiing on Trout Lake in Arbor Vitae, WI Christmas Day. Now that’s just plain fffffed. The lakes up here are Almost out, ice is dark just like in Spring.
My neighbor made a point of water skiing on Xmas day here in Traverse City. Waving as he went by our house in 58 degree weather.

goofy600

Family went to Eagle River yesterday and waitress said her brother or friend don’t remember which was waterskiing on Christmas also.

mezz

Exactly, the model runs for both the GFS & European do show the possiiblity of snow. But, as John would say, that is too far out to have any faith in. And like you said skylar, wait 6 hours & it will change. I don't know that the snowfall models are able adjust or be adjusted for the current El Nino affect. Again, it's a wait & see, this one is a true anomoly.

snoden

A week ago I felt we had a glimmer of hope as temps looked to drop to seasonal levels after the New year. That was also in the 10-15 day outlook, well as John would say in LaLa land take it with a grain of salt. He was always right, now it's not looking like seasonal temperatures more of the same just not as warm as currently.

euphoric1

I like this one better.
that would certainly help a lot of people, most weather outlets have been whispering of a change in weather pattern potential coming and watching it closely, as much as I want it so I can ride I am hoping something changes soon, there are a lot of businesses in the north woods who really need it and soon, my hopes and thoughts are with them first.

wisco-mb

I'm usually unable to take trips in December due to family obligations. My first trip is always the AWSC Winter meeting the first weekend of January. I had a couple friends cancel their rooms. Wife, son, and myself are still going. My 4 year old was super excited about the pool and railroad museum(Spooner), so I didn't want to let him down!
My next 2 trips are on hold.
Hopefully the snow is spread out whenever it gets here. Otherwise it's going to be chaotic...
Good to see there is some potential hope in the weather pattern is flipping.