what up w dane county not opening trails

kb97z

they say they want 6 inches of snow...
anyone live in the ne or se quadrants of dane county
i would love to ride tomorrow
around albion, rockdale, deerfield, cottage grove, sun prairie

want to ride!!!

MZEMS2

Only guessing here, but I would bet they open with the additional snow we get tonight. I would say tomorrow afternoon they'lll open Dane Co. I believe our groomer is out right now as I type. (NW quadrant) With a good cold night following, it should set things up nicely. No guarantees on the opening though. Best call first!! Lots and lots of trespassing issues this year already have all the landowners on edge already, so don't push the issue. Only about 5" on the west side of Dane county right now. The other issue is all of the standing water we had, that froze over. Hopefully there aren't any wet spots for the groomer to sink into. Don't expect much if they do open.

Last edited:

79_srx

Yes we were out all day there just not enough snow.......! the tucker is rattled to death! now if we get 2-3in tonight and clubs agree to opening wont be until noon sat were in cross plains/black earth. kb97z what club are you in?
Only guessing here, but I would bet they open with the additional snow we get tonight. I would say tomorrow afternoon they'lll open Dane Co. I believe our groomer is out right now as I type. (NW quadrant) With a good cold night following, it should set things up nicely. No guarantees on the opening though. Best call first!! Lots and lots of trespassing issues this year already have all the landowners on edge already, so don't push the issue. Only about 5" on the west side of Dane county right now. The other issue is all of the standing water we had, that froze over. Hopefully there aren't any wet spots for the groomer to sink into. Don't expect much if they do open.

kb97z

Sundowners..hoping they open tomorrow.. 2 inches of fresh now..hopefully couple more yet to come..very fluffy snow..when I say I want to ride..thats it..no pushing here...just want to ride..last storm we rode all over the east side of dane...absolutely awesome

Poo2Bone

We are always told when our trails open and not asked. The way it sounds if dane gets 2inches it will open? Interesting. Remember clubs dont get funding for grooming if trails are not open Before grooming starts. We are reminded of this every year from quadrant leader.

79_srx

true, but As far as grooming when trails are closed were doing trail maintenance and only 15% are funded trails the other 69mi we pay for out of clubs pocket
We are always told when our trails open and not asked. The way it sounds if dane gets 2inches it will open? Interesting. Remember clubs dont get funding for grooming if trails are not open Before grooming starts. We are reminded of this every year from quadrant leader.

jr37

I don't think that is true. You get reimbursed for all time turned in, including grooming. If you groom a couple times preparing for the trails to open, and you never get enough snow to open the trails, you will still be paid for the times you did groom.

groomerdriver

You get reimbursed for all time turned in, including grooming. If you groom a couple times preparing for the trails to open, and you never get enough snow to open the trails, you will still be paid for the times you did groom.

You are correct.

Poo2Bone

Meant to be kind of a dig. Thought maybe it was quadrant leader of NW quadrant I was responding to. All clubs in each quadrant need to agree to open , not be told by someone outside of our club!;)

ezra

just a thought but they could want 6 in for a few reasons 1 big issue privet property and a land owner or so who don't want there pasture or yards tore up.
I know of 1 owner around our parts who holds the strings on lots of land not buy his home but the trail goes in fr of his home and if we cant keep sleds from tearing around his yard we will loose a huge connecting chunk that can not be replaced. we loose that chunk we loose the whole park trail forever.
just saying could be more than u can see at work with the 6 in opening and if you piss on that u may not be riding from home at all any more