What's a 91 v-max 4 worth? Needs rings...

Hoosier

My buddy has one.<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> ran the last time he rode it, but that was probably 5 years ago. I think it needs rings, but he never got around to getting it fixed. So-so condition. Been stored inside in crete, il (30 miles south of chicago).

nytro_rtx

i agree with famousguy, maybe a lil more. post up the price when he figures out what he wants. also if he has some pics of it could you post or e-mail them to me, my e-mail addy is in profile.
thanks, nytro

field_mouse

Look over in parts for sale, BKBoats just stripped a V-max 4. It states that the engine is still available. Or if anything he may know what it's worth.

anonomoose

A dead machine is never worth as much as a "living" machine.

If he can get it running..oil burning or not, I would up that above estimate to $500. Maybe not worth the time or effort, but who knows, maybe it doesn't burn as much oil as he thought and if so, is likely worth even more.

anonomoose

Oh...so THAT is what the oil tank is for....I thought it was funny, the oil level aways stays the same....and never got dirty.

zrjes

Remember the 750 Vmax is notorious for crank issues, if it is not running you should be able to get this very cheap. Like 500 or less

This is still one of my favorite sleds, but they can be money pits!

Stack

ezra

for top $ hall it to a ice drag thear are allways a few guys who play with the 4cyl vmax.I have had 1or 2 give me a good run

Hoosier

We might bring it to the snowmobile auction this fall.<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> sounds like it will at least pay for the gas!

zrjes

Let me add a little detail and clarify my statement, Some of the early 750's are known to have crank issues, especially when adding pipes or raising the RPM's of the sled. Leaving it stock is best in my opinion. In all fairness to my buddy Chad, he and his family have a long Yamaha history, so if he had good luck with them I trust it.

If you ever have any questions check out www.vmax4.com this is a great group and there is A LOT of knowledge on this site!

I would definitly buy that sled on the cheap and have a blast adding some power to it.

Stack