What's it worth?

russholio

A buddy of mine is looking at this sled. Not an AC guy so I know nothing about it or what it's worth. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Beautiful 2003 Arctic Cat ZL 550

373miles
Stored inside
Towed in a covered trailer
Studded with a cover
2 gallons of Arctic Cat oil
HJC grapic helmet
$2900

M4me

<font color="119911">I think that price is a little high so I looked at KBB.com
Here's the retail price:</font>

2003 Arctic Cat ZL 550 Value Email November 21, 2009
2-Cylinders
2-Stroke
550cc
Suggested Retail Value $1930

<font color="119911">I think if I were looking to buy this sled, I would start at 2000.00 because of the low miles.
I would not go much higher though.</font>

ezra

I am a cat guy and did not eaven know thay made a 550 in o3.but eaven with low Mi a tad high.2g may be a bit low but a good place to start I would not go over 2300.are you sure it is a 550?I thought 01 was the last yr of the 550.is it smart ride?if so I realy liked the ride on my old zl with smart ride

russholio

I don't know anything about it, my buddy found it in the ads. He's not a sledder, but I told him he needs to buy a sled so apparently he took my sound advice and started looking. I don't know if it's fan cooled, liquid cooled, or any of that stuff, so I told him I'd find out what I could about it. I haven't had a Cat since my first sled, a 1980 Jag 340 that I bought off my uncle in 1993.

indy_500

I have a friend who's also on here who has a 2003 arctic cat zl 550. maybe <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> chime in about this one. He had to have the carbs rebuilt other than that i know it's ran good for him.

mikeh906

Fan cooled, slow, slow, slow. I think Kms was selling these new for 3495.00 a few years ago at a spring blow out. Martykms or Chad66?? They know.

fgsacts

I am pretty sure it is liquid cooled. I was not aware that Cat made a liquid cooled 550 engine but a brief internet search confirmed they did. The ZR & ZL chassis was a proven chassis. The price seems a little high but the low miles is going to add value.

xcsks

the 550 is a liquid, my wife has one in her 98
panther, been a very good motor over the years. I saw the same ad, sled looked like new in the pics but I still wouldn't go over 2500 for it.

indy_500

i am 100% positive it's a liquid. it has 80 hp. it's got some speed i guess. Not fast fast but it's got plenty to keep some excitement between ur legs

acatzl550

it is a liquid, and i had to have the carbs rebuilt because the needle valve broke in one of them most likely due to poor gas