what's the name of this place!

polarisrider1

What's the name of this place? I have been here and have seen it in videos but do not remember the actual name. Clue: I think it is around the back side of the Pinnicles and was past Brookes Lake or upper Brookes lake area.

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 160

indy_500

What's the name of this place? I have been here and have seen it in videos but do not remember the actual name. Clue: I think it is around the back side of the Pinnicles and was past Brookes Lake or upper Brookes lake area.

idk stumped me! there is a hint to this ain't there lol and i'm not quite understanding!

polarisrider1

The tetons are in the back, and our guide said this is the highest point we can go on sleds at Togwotee. 10,400' I just don't remember name of peak. Revkev, were are you? you went here with me.

polarisrider1

I will ask Carter next week for ya...

Thank you! I went there with Matt Binion as our guide once and Justin hauled me up there too! Carter is a tough cookie. I learned a ton from him. Not sure who I will get in 3 weeks. Noah always keeps it interesting too! Have fun. Internet isn't the greatest in the cabins.

indy_500

Thank you! I went there with Matt Binion as our guide once and Justin hauled me up there too! Carter is a tough cookie. I learned a ton from him. Not sure who I will get in 3 weeks. Noah always keeps it interesting too! Have fun. Internet isn't the greatest in the cabins.

your going back out in 3 weeks? is this my surprise b-day present? :D

junior1

Im pretty sure its Austins peak. we were just there yesterday. even got a picture of a few mountain goats or sheep or what ever they are. nice veiw but its a little rough getiing there now.

RevKev

Thanks Kevin. I remember us going there, just didn't remember the name. You staying at Lava this trips or moving to higher ground?

Lava, May stay up at Togwotee one night, we'll see how the snow holds out, and Hope they get more, the forecast looks OK for now, time will tell though.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It is Austin Peak

Here is a panorama from the top taken 2 years ago. Pretty cool view from there.

-John

Attachments

• mar9-p.jpg
    mar9-p.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 96

longtrack

I had 10,400 Ft on the Top of Lava Last week, but that was on the Dash of my Doo so maybe it not that high because its not as acurate as a GPS.

polarisrider1

It is Austin Peak

Here is a panorama from the top taken 2 years ago. Pretty cool view from there.

-John

thanks John. I took a ton of pics up there 2 yrs. ago too! You guys were leaving about the time I showed up. I suspect we can go together this yr. It was pretty tough going in the lower part. I have Justin for a guide this trip out.

Last edited: