What's your summer toy?

frnash

Love the LeSabre!

My Grandma had a 1970 Skylark. She was in her early 70's and would purposely drive fast enough on a country road outside of Crystal Lake to catch air, just so she could hear my younger brother, his friend and me laugh as we floated off the seats in the back! We called the road the "wee road" and would ask her every time if we could take the wee road where ever we were going. Man, those were the days!
Now that sounds like Military Road/Bridge Street at Baraga Street (north of Sharon Avenue) in Houghton, it was called it the Baraga bumps, and folks would drive down that hill at warp speed to catch air in the same way, going airborne just past Baraga Street!

"Those Were the Days!"

jakester

01 EBBTIDE 2300 MYSTIQUE Soltice Paddle Board 02 CORVETTE convertible 011 Honda 21 in.self propelled lawn mower :)

G

G

No pic. 2000 Sportcraft 272 Fisherman. Could be used to go from Orlando to the Bahamas. But I just use it on Lake of the Woods. Up yours waves.

chunk06

Went out and bought a Polaris XP4 Turbo RZR last year thinking that would be a new summer hobby. To be honest i just don't think I am into it and debating on selling it. We figured the kids would like it, but they hate the dust. Wife walks right past it and gets on her old beater ATV to ride around the farm. Took two trips up north last fall and was really not feeling it. Sleds are way funner to us. If i sell it i will probably look into another dual sport bike.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
New sneakers showed up last night for the Viking, 30x10x14 System 3 Offroad on SDI wheels. About 15 inches of ground clearance now. 20200506_200555.jpg

slimcake

Ya the one time I went riding "bikes" with a bunch of Yoopers I showed up to this camp and half the dudes were wearing chest waders. I was like what the heck am I in for???? LOL!!! IMG_20160507_113443989.jpg IMG_20160507_122219627.jpg

racerx

Mezz,what year is that Z? I have a black 91 RS with the wimpy 305 TBI and I had the plan, some time ago, to drop in a Z motor to make it a sleeper. Since it is at the parents house in storage it rarely comes out as I do not have room for it. Now I have to decide if I get rid of it but that has been some difficult thinking as I love that ride and still being at 20k it may be worth more holding it versus selling it for peanuts. Not to mention I still have the department of defense registration on it when I was in the military which I joked about it being the "black jet", well it was fast for me at the time even though in reality it is a dog, it was the sensation of speed :)

BigSix

"My first car, my Monte Carlo and my great grandmas 68' buick lesabre. Only 22,000 miles on the lesabre!!"

Slimcake,

Is that a '73 or '74 Monte? I had a 1973 blue Monte with a white landau top. Cruise, tilt and air with the old Corvette wheels. It had a 350 cid V8 with a 2bbl Rochester carb that I replaced with a 4bbl Rochester and added HEI ignition. Loved that car! My mom had a '68 Le Sabre as well which was also a nice car. The Buick was so long that when I took my road test in it for my driver's license, the instructor had me do a Y turn in a residential street on garbage day. I knocked down a garbage can, LOL!