When pets require DNR permits ?

Woodtic

My son is trying my blood pressure. "It's all good Dad, I have the DNR permits to have them? "You can't get into trouble if you have the permits Dad."

whitedust

As a kid I came home with a jar full of salamanders told my parents no sweat vented top screwed on tight. Next day nothing in jar then later found dried up critters under my bed & swore they were in bad with me too....lol. After that captured creatures stayed outside learned my lesson well.

uncle_ed

When my son was young he scooped up a pretty big snake with a fishing net and asked me what it was. I told him I thought it was a rattle snake but go ask the DNR officer I had just seen down by the lake. He did and he told him to go put it back as it was a rattler and that he shouldnt be fooling around with it. Kids and snakes............

ezra

I don't mind snakes if I see them coming from a distance . it is when I am standing in some brush of something and 1 crawls over my foot is when U see me jump and shriek like a little girl .
I work on 1 house and we were patching old 12 in lap cedar siding and between the siding and the tar paper there were at least 50 snake skeletons all gardener but gross non the less. the guy came home and was like how long till covered .gave us a extra 500 to stay until covered and went to get wife at work to take out to dinner and a movie before she saw it and he would have to move.
the thing that freaks me out about snakes I am pretty sure has to do with my 90+ yr old great grandpa. I was prob 8or 9 and I was at the farm and there was a old silo pit that a tornado took the silo away yrs before that is where he put all the trash . well he brings me out there and the pit is crawling with snakes . he takes a 5 gal can of what I assume was diesel and flings it all around the pit then lights it up. on fire snakes crawling around the pit crawling up boards I still see the image vividly in my head .they would prob take the kids away forever for that now lol

ok life story but also when I was a kid prob 6ish mom rented a duplex Upton and 44th MPLS the land lord never cut the grass it was like a wheat field in back yard. there was a exotic pet store pretty much at back corner of yard. they had all kinds of snakes and a gator in a cow drinking bin . well one night some one broke in and let all the snakes and gator out of the store .the grass in the back yard was moving big time in the morning we got a knock on the door from shop owner . we left instantly with mom shrieking and never went back to that house. lol I think her friends got our stuff. we lived at my cuz for a mo after that if I remember lol .the snake store has been closed for ever but is now a Sebastian Joes ice cream shop and the duplex is also still there .I think to my self when driving by would these urban hipster be eating here if they knew the shop was once a snake store

crazy part is that was all with in say 2 or 3 blocks of lk Harriet deff city limits.

POLARISDAN

As a kid I came home with a jar full of salamanders told my parents no sweat vented top screwed on tight. Next day nothing in jar then later found dried up critters under my bed & swore they were in bad with me too....lol. After that captured creatures stayed outside learned my lesson well.

After that captured creatures stayed outside learned my lesson well.(dont kno how to highlight posted words)

apply's to the women..no?

Last edited:

POLARISDAN

I don't mind snakes if I see them coming from a distance . it is when I am standing in some brush of something and 1 crawls over my foot is when U see me jump and shriek like a little girl .
I work on 1 house and we were patching old 12 in lap cedar siding and between the siding and the tar paper there were at least 50 snake skeletons all gardener but gross non the less. the guy came home and was like how long till covered .gave us a extra 500 to stay until covered and went to get wife at work to take out to dinner and a movie before she saw it and he would have to move.
the thing that freaks me out about snakes I am pretty sure has to do with my 90+ yr old great grandpa. I was prob 8or 9 and I was at the farm and there was a old silo pit that a tornado took the silo away yrs before that is where he put all the trash . well he brings me out there and the pit is crawling with snakes . he takes a 5 gal can of what I assume was diesel and flings it all around the pit then lights it up. on fire snakes crawling around the pit crawling up boards I still see the image vividly in my head .they would prob take the kids away forever for that now lol

ok life story but also when I was a kid prob 6ish mom rented a duplex Upton and 44th MPLS the land lord never cut the grass it was like a wheat field in back yard. there was a exotic pet store pretty much at back corner of yard. they had all kinds of snakes and a gator in a cow drinking bin . well one night some one broke in and let all the snakes and gator out of the store .the grass in the back yard was moving big time in the morning we got a knock on the door from shop owner . we left instantly with mom shrieking and never went back to that house. lol I think her friends got our stuff. we lived at my cuz for a mo after that if I remember lol .the snake store has been closed for ever but is now a Sebastian Joes ice cream shop and the duplex is also still there .I think to my self when driving by would these urban hipster be eating here if they knew the shop was once a snake store

crazy part is that was all with in say 2 or 3 blocks of lk Harriet deff city limits.

yur a nut..great story..first thought it was late and u were drunk..u never post that many words..but saw 11.48 am..funny funny stuff!!!