When You Were Fifteen...

rv245

Depends on what Friday it was or a matter of fact any day. My dad used to work part time at the IMA auditorium in Flint. Use to go, I go with him to the events for free as long as it wasn't a paid event, like pay per view (boxing, banquets, that kind of stuff). Stuff that I did go to was concerts (a lot of them), westling, car shows, and etc. I still made it to schooI, as we we're on split sections, 9th and 10th went to school 12 to 5 and 11th and 12th went to school 7 to noon. I eventually got a part time job there also once I hit 18.

hybrid

i can remember in 1984 i was 15 and went to my first concert
Van Halen at the Rosemont Horizon illinois i think it was in march
My dad had a buddy that was Rosemont cop
got me 2 front row tickets
and let my 18 year old stepbrother take me
ir was great time came home smelling like Jack cause david lee roth poured it all over the front row
my story and im sticking to it lol

Last edited:

euphoric1

I wasn't sitting on my phone, playing video games or stealing cars, I would have been outside hanging with my buds from the neighborhood, depending on the time of the year I might have been down at the lakefront or if there was snow I would have been riding my 1974 Polaris 440 Electra LOL

mezz

Besides playing basketball, hanging out with friends outside our local store in town during the summer. Winter it was basketball season, so practices & games, also hanging out at our local ice rink for skating & hockey afterwards. Good times!

skiroule

Had my “farm” driver’s license so I would be driving my 54 Dodge into town unsupervised for the weekly Friday night cruise, which made me a legend in my own mind. Also spending some time with my first girlfriend. Didn’t work out in the end but looking back, probably a good thing.

pclark

Had a party, my parents were away, got super wasted, people vomited all over the living room carpet, somehow the toilet got broken downstairs, what a shitshow! Was in doghouse for a long time. I was so wasted I didn’t even know it happened until I woke up and saw the mess. Lesson learned, don’t ever host a party……..glad my daughter never did anything like that!

Go Fast or Go Home

Driving around in my 1945 Dodge pickup truck waiting until I turned 16 and could do it legally.

All the local cops knew I was doing it, didn't say much. Pretty rural community.

Don~

rph130

I was 15 in 1979. That winter the Chicago area got hit with a lot of snow. Schools were closed for days because streets were impassable, and busses could not move. Jumped on the snowmobile everyday, (74 Yamaha GP something or other) and rode from backyard to side streets to the bike trail where I hooked up with friends that had sleds and we rode everywhere. Chicago river was frozen so we could get into golf courses and anywhere we wanted to go. Cops just looked and waved because there was no chance they could catch us. Great memories.

latner

I was 15 in 1979. That winter the Chicago area got hit with a lot of snow. Schools were closed for days because streets were impassable, and busses could not move. Jumped on the snowmobile everyday, (74 Yamaha GP something or other) and rode from backyard to side streets to the bike trail where I hooked up with friends that had sleds and we rode everywhere. Chicago river was frozen so we could get into golf courses and anywhere we wanted to go. Cops just looked and waved because there was no chance they could catch us. Great memories.
This brings back some memories for me. I was 12 in '79 and lived in the Chicago burb of Woodridge. We did what we called "skeeching" where you would hide behind the 10' snow piles and wait for a slow moving car to come by, when it did, you would run and grab onto the back bumper (not the front, LOL) and whoever "skeeched" the farthest won.

dfattack

Sounds exactly how it was for me too. Grew up in Glenview. Our house backed up to the forest preserve so we took the horseback riding trails to the Wilmette golf course and bike trails. Cops would try to stop us at the road crossings but couldn't catch us. They never had the desire apparently to follow the sled tracks back to our house. It was fun for sure.

dfattack

This brings back some memories for me. I was 12 in '79 and lived in the Chicago burb of Woodridge. We did what we called "skeeching" where you would hide behind the 10' snow piles and wait for a slow moving car to come by, when it did, you would run and grab onto the back bumper (not the front, LOL) and whoever "skeeched" the farthest won.
Did that too! oh the memories...forgot all about that

BigSix

I grew up in rural northeast Green Bay about 2 miles from where I live now. When I was 15 in 1974, in winter I was taking turns with my younger brothers riding my dad's 1968 Johnson Skee-Horse around the back yard (around and around and around). In summer, we rode our motorcycle (a 1969 Rex 50cc) around the yard and on the trails in the woods.