where did the patches go

rodehard

P1120105.jpg

What memories. I dug this up out of the basement archives. The patches were sold at pit stops to support local clubs and grooming. They also had distance patches and chevrons where you would get a card stamped at each designation and turn it in for your patch when you filled the card. Sort of like a poker run. I was very proud of that collage.

I thought my Invader was the best and most advanced sled ever made. We would run as much as 150 miles in one day and thought it was quite an accomplishment if we made it back without breaking anything. One time we even made it up to the Root Celler on Lake Gogebic and ran Stagecoach road when it was legal. We would trailer up to either Rhinelander or Boulder Junction and there was always snow.

T

Team Elkhorn

When we were kids in the 70s we had patches all over our one piece suits. All our patches were from different areas we rode, throughout northern Wisconsin. Crivitz Bunny Run, Rhinelander Hodag Trails, Eagle River, etc. We also had our huge club patch across our backs. Times have changed huh? I remember when I was a kid (1970s), I asked why we never rode up into the UP. I was told by one of the adults that the UP was too much of a wilderness area, the towns were too far apart and the snow was too deep.:eek:

miked

Ha! Awesome thread! My wife discovered the patches last year when we got my mom's old snowmobile suit out of the closet. It's a baby blue one-piece from 1970 that had a bunch of patches on it. My dad had a yellow one piece to match their SkiDoo, but he got rid of it somewhere along the line. We got the idea to rock the vintage suits...she bought a bunch more patches on Ebay (suckers are PRICEY these days!) and got me a 1969 SkiDoo suit that looks JUST like the one in post 16.

On our group trip to Ishpeming, we showed up down in the parking lot one morning pimpin' the vintage look.

chords

That Ski Doo suit pic I posted was bought in 1969 and I wore it for many years.

How much on ebay ?

upsledder

That Ski Doo suit pic I posted was bought in 1969 and I wore it for many years.

How much on ebay ?

I've been buying old snowmobile suits at garage sales and thrift stores for a long time. Started selling some on eBay a few years ago. I had a John Deere Jacket that I didn't think was all that special and it went for $80. Then I had a Two Piece Kawasaki suit that I thought would get at least $80. I started it at $20....that's all it got.

Ya just never know

bearrassler

Here are a few patches on some old suits I have, I am still in the Red River Snowmobile Club, the patch is from the early 70's. I have a few more one piece suits at the lake cabin and they have a lot more patches on the sleeves and back. IMG_1621.jpg IMG_1623.jpg IMG_1622.jpg IMG_1624.jpg

jr37

The Mariner North used to have a bunch of patches on the wall behind the bar, before it burned. I always enjoyed seeing all the different patches that people/clubs could come up with. Here are a few of my favorites. scan0001.jpg scan0002.jpg scan0003.jpg scan0004.jpg

bearrassler

We were out riding in NW MN this weekend and came across these at Big Elbow Lake Store east of Waubun, a f IMG_1629.jpg IMG_1630.jpg ew of the clubs are still around but most are long gone

bobt

I got these during mid/late 70's,,,,, about 2,000 miles of the 3,000 mile patch came while riding my 1976 Johnson JX650 BOOGIE wheel sled,,,,, so it was a rough 2,000 miles and the balance of the miles on my 1979 Pantera.

I bought the Johnson new for $575.00 and did not choose the "slider" version as I "KNEW" the boogie wheels would be around for a long time and the sliders where just a "fad",,,, just like I stuck to 8 tracks instead of cassettes and Beta instead of VHS!