Where's all the sleds

G

G

Just to put things into perspective. If you ride 2000 miles a year and gas goes up TWO dollars a gallon and your sled gets 15 mpg you will be buying spending $266 more dollars on gas than you would have spent when gas was cheaper. And this is worth getting excited about????? Who cares??? My god people this has always been an expensive sport. If you want to play you have to pay. Boats are about the same. Gas is a very very small part of the total boating experience. Absolutely a trivial expense. Remember - there will come a time when you can't ride anymore. When that day comes you are not going remember the price of the gas you paid. You are going to remember the good times you had. And the places you went and the people you met. Everything is more expensive. The season is short. Get on with it.

indy_500

Just to put things into perspective. If you ride 2000 miles a year and gas goes up TWO dollars a gallon and your sled gets 15 mpg you will be buying spending $266 more dollars on gas than you would have spent when gas was cheaper. And this is worth getting excited about????? Who cares??? My god people this has always been an expensive sport. If you want to play you have to pay. Boats are about the same. Gas is a very very small part of the total boating experience. Absolutely a trivial expense. Remember - there will come a time when you can't ride anymore. When that day comes you are not going remember the price of the gas you paid. You are going to remember the good times you had. And the places you went and the people you met. Everything is more expensive. The season is short. Get on with it.
My trail sleds get 10-12 mpg, I have to fill 2 of them, and usually have to chase snow with my pickup. I’ve made 3 trips north so far this winter totaling 950 miles, and I get about 13mpg towing, which comes out to about an additional $150, $50 extra per trip just in the truck, and we haven’t even gotten to the sleds yet. I don’t have it in me to find a way to think positively about that… Especially when everybody is getting pinched financially every way we look right now… My throwaway money I generally have after payday, has been mostly depleted already by inflation... Im guessing I’ll put an additional 1500-2000 miles on this winter chasing snow in the truck. I do get your point though, at the end of the day I will always find a way to pay for the short seasoned sport I love because it’s worth it. Looks like I better stock up on ramen for the rest of the winter!

Last edited:

dfattack

Well except it didn’t have to be.

xsledder

I work in the oil and gas industry and I can assure you the Biden administration’s hostility towards oil and gas have absolutely caused an increase in oil and gas prices. This is a fact. They are not 100% responsible, but have contributed plenty..

You can talk rig counts (which are down 20% from peak) all you want, but there are much bigger factors in play here..and for example if the proposed methane tax of $1500 per ton by 2025 goes into effect (being pushed by Biden) you can expect an even more significant increase in oil and gas prices.

Could go on and on…
Old Abe still won't believe you.

G

G

Maybe it didn't have to be. Who knows for sure? Nobody. And nobody knows what things will look like in another year either. There is snow this year. Lately snow has not been a given. I am going to make the most of it. Just like I did when I was Indy's age. Maybe gas will be $7,50 a gallon next year. Maybe more landowners will shut down more trails next year. Maybe Iran will nuke Israel and they will convert all the snowmobile factories in to bomb making factories. Maybe California will finally earthquake in to the sea and that little patch of land I own in western Nevada will be coastal property. Maybe the Pope will take over the world using all the tax free money the Catholics have been sending him for centuries. Nobody knows what is going to happen down the road too far. But in the short term I am going to go snowmobiling. No matter how much gas costs. You should too. That is why you are on this site.

hemi_newman

I see I got censored just like if I had a Facebook account. Speaking the truth but doesn’t agree with the Woke culture, you just get censored or banned.

brad460

Old Abe still won't believe you.
I wouldn’t expect someone who simply reads articles online (which they tend to seek out those that support their opinion) would have a full understanding of how an administration can effect oil and gas prices.

Again, Biden is not fully responsible for the higher prices but they have caused them to be higher than they should..Oil and gas companies have now begun focusing on ESG (which can be viewed as a “green” credit score).

Also, for example, when the federal government pushes for tighter regulations oil and gas companies need to invest in new and more expensive technology to meet these regulations- that is expensive.

I should also note- producing oil and gas in a more environmentally friendly way isn’t a bad thing, but it drives up prices.

old abe

I wouldn’t expect someone who simply reads articles online (which they tend to seek out those that support their opinion) would have a full understanding of how an administration can effect oil and gas prices.

Again, Biden is not fully responsible for the higher prices but they have caused them to be higher than they should..Oil and gas companies have now begun focusing on ESG (which can be viewed as a “green” credit score).

Also, for example, when the federal government pushes for tighter regulations oil and gas companies need to invest in new and more expensive technology to meet these regulations- that is expensive.

I should also note- producing oil and gas in a more environmentally friendly way isn’t a bad thing, but it drives up prices.
Yeah, well, brad, I, "someone who", doesn't simply read articles online, as you perceive it to be. Perhaps you may adjust your wishful thinking, eh? I deal with several Market Advisory/Analysis services in order to stay in business. Fuel is a big expense to us, as we depend on it for several aspects. Perhaps as you being in the industry, you will be able to understand that. My opinion, eh? Wrong you are, I don't reside in Fantasy Land. I'm a realist, always have been, raised that way. So I don't believe in fantasies! This as so many people do these days. I want the facts, on whatever, no matter what I like, or not. That is so I can make the best decision possible, on buying, or selling whatever. Crude Oil is a WORLD MARKET. Thus it is priced as such, supply and demand. I check on many different markets many times each and everyday. No Administration, or person, for that matter, is going to have anything other than a minor effect on Oil prices, period. OPEC+ yes, Brandon no. Perhaps, stabilize them some what maybe? Now, Black Swans can blow the market up, or down in a instant. Market trader's "Moods", are very short lived. Maybe only hours, or days, no matter what the commodity is. There eye is on the ball, not something that perhaps could be, or not. A 2 year out "could be" isn't even on their radar to speak of. A lot of water, oil will go over the dam, through the system before that arrives. You have some very valid concerns. And you'll get no argument from me. There is soooooo much left, in oder to get to the rest of the story, eh!

dfattack

I suggested that yesterday and my post was deleted...I'm sure for some of my comments within the same post.. Apparently I wasn't the only one whose posts were deleted but thought for sure it should be over there instead of here. Maybe it's because the original topic wasn't something that should have been in barstool, but it headed that way quickly.

goofy600

How about one of you that want it on the barstool just start a tread about fuel there then talk all day long. As for sleds I have a feeling they will be in full force tomorrow. But cold weather going to slow them down.

goofy600

Yup, they have found there way up north, probably have seen 30-40 so far this afternoon crossing the lake.

pclark

Yup, they have found there way up north, probably have seen 30-40 so far this afternoon crossing the lake.
Had to drive down to Milwaukee this weekend for my brothers Christmas party. Loads of trailers heading up, going to be busy!
I'm finally picking up mt 2017 Ski-Doo 900 ACE and bringing it back home with me, cant wait to get on the trails!

just_ride

Season is short.....don't know what trails will look like tomorrow .......ride em if you got em ...till next time

Attachments

• IMG_2144.jpg
    IMG_2144.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2158.jpg
    IMG_2158.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 21