Where's the white stuff????

mvedepo

Looking at various forecasts this morning and it's not looking good. No measurable snowfall through Dec 12 according to them. Man I hope John has some good news in tomorrows forecast. :(

cmharcou

I'm right there with you. We got a trip planned on the 14th and another one on the 27th. Hopefully something happens quickly. Doesn't look like Dec 1st anyone will be riding unless John is making some magic.

mjkaliszak

If this keeps up, it looks like I'll be driving farther than ever to the snow. Normally when I get a new machine I try to have a " big " year of riding & traveling . I might have to make many multi -day trips and eliminate the weekend warrior stuff. That's OK , I prefer weekday riding anyways.
Think COLD & then SNOW....

slimcake

Ya I was wplannin on buying a new sled but now I am wondering if I should or not. Last year there was snow on the ground and the ground was froze hard as a rock.

MZEMS2

Maybe Lindmeier the liar will bring better news later this week. (I'm in Arena just to the west of ya) I helped with the jinx, I had the snowblower fired up a couple weeks ago, and the mower is put to rest with the battery in the garage on the tender. Covered the motorcycle yesterday too. It would just be nice to at least get a couple good weeks of cold weather first.

mtb1115

It seems to me that the last few years we had a few early snows that were good, but that was it ! I can wait a little if it means getting snows after Christmas and the New year.....

Noodles

I started snowmobiling 3 years ago.First ride was dec 5,6,7 (2008)stayed in Hurley rode the UP since Wis wasnt open yet.Man I was spoiled with that season opener we took trail 11 north from trail 2 by the time we got to the Blackjack area so much snow we couldnt find the trail markers.2008/2009 was a good year for snow.Rode into March.After last year I realized how short it is.Dec 20th first ride to Jan 29th last ride.Warm weather can ruin a mans dreams.

Yooper_Bob

Drove home this evening from 'da cabin over by Curtis, to Marquette.

Just a couple of flakes in the air between Munising and Marquette....otherwise, the ground is complete bare.

I'm afraid its gonna be a while yet....:(

rjgoniea

I'll have to share in the blame then.
Just put this together last week
hereblizzard.jpg

Same thing happened to me when I bought my first two stage thrower in '97. Shelled out a bunch of dough for the darn thing and we had the mildest late winter I can remember.

John's forecast for Tuesday/Wednesday puts me in the path of a good 4". Even if it's gonna all melt right away I'm probably gonna take it out just for practice.

440_chazz

Don't worry I am making the sacrifice and heading to the Dominican Republic the second week of December. It will snow then.

skiroule

Probably is too early to panic but in the Twin City area it's definitely different than last year. A lack of snow before late December is not unheard of and we've either had or come close to a "Brown Christmas" several times.

What is a cause for concern is the lack of moisture this year. The following is an excerpt from a local station website:

"The metro is sitting at a deficit of over 5" since September 1st. With no precipitation expected through the end of November we will end with the month with less than 1/3" of an inch that will make 2011 the driest autumn in the Twin Cities since the threaded record began in 1871."

We can only hope that this deficit will be erased with the White Stuff!