Which Inline Trailer Mfg would you recommend and why ?

parker

We've been entertaining going to an Inline for some extra space ( only 2 Sleds ), mainly to have a place to get out of the weather to put riding gear on. We have a 12' Triton Clam now.
Asking for some feedback on a 16'+V or 18'+V.

What do you have and like or dislike and why type info would be appreciated.

Just as valuable would be the experienced dislike info and why.

sweeperguy

I have a Triton hybrid. 16 x 7 (not a V nose), tows nice, with a small truck Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I actually have it fully insulated and camp in it. Both winter and summer. Works good enough, extra room for gear etc. my generator, table, cot, folding chair (camping gear) lives in trailer.
Only drawback is the height is a little short. Not terrible for me at 5'10''. Just a little tilt of my head and I don't bang my head on roof.
Taller people might be a little more uncomfortable.

Highflyer

We've been entertaining going to an Inline for some extra space ( only 2 Sleds ), mainly to have a place to get out of the weather to put riding gear on. We have a 12' Triton Clam now.
Asking for some feedback on a 16'+V or 18'+V.

What do you have and like or dislike and why type info would be appreciated.

Just as valuable would be the experienced dislike info and why.

I went from a Triton Clam shell 12' to a Stealth 7.5x14' w/ 5' V. Its considered a 2 place but I have fit three 137" sled in it. With two sleds it in you have plenty of room for gear. I also considered going with the 18' plus V and I'm glad I didn't go that route. These inline trailers are much larger then the clam shells. 90% of the time I only need to haul 2 sleds so the smaller trailer is better for storage, pulling and parking at the cabin. I also love the 7.5' wide.

mrbb

personally if I was to BUY a inline, I would look at what I need and want, and then find a company and have them MAKE me what I want
I live close by two company's now
Haulmark and Worthington
and I know countless people that had them build a trailer to there spec's and been very happy with results

BUT like everything today, you cannot JUST say"X" brand name and your good, every company lets lemons go out the doors
one big key to buying a trailer IMO< is be honest with what your needs and future plans are
, get what you want the at time of buying
look at it as an investment, buy once cry once!

as many things are not as easy to add later on, and regretting not getting THIS or THAT upfront, can cost a lot more to get the second time

if I was to make a list of things I wanted
, size would be first(what ever you want here)
I would want finished ceilings and walls, in floor E track in the floor and on walls from the get go!
spare tire holder, a set of shelves/cabinets!
decent lighting!indoors and on ramps!
GOOD vents on walls(possibly ceiling too, all the more so if you plan to store anything in it)
pending size, 16 on center framing, floor and walls and ceiling!
a 120 volt power supply, back up lights, and HECK, wireless rear view camera system!
and what ever flooring you desire, coated, covered or??
those would be top of my list of options!

chunk06

I chose a Legend because of where the axles are located. I had a Stealth that I did not like how it towed. I had many people comment that it appeared that the axles were too centered. Legends are not perfect, but tow well. I also looked at Aluma, Featherlight and Triton. All three are awesome, but we’re substantially more money.

sweeperguy

I chose a Legend because of where the axles are located. I had a Stealth that I did not like how it towed. I had many people comment that it appeared that the axles were too centered. Legends are not perfect, but tow well. I also looked at Aluma, Featherlight and Triton. All three are awesome, but we’re substantially more money.

Where are the axles located on the Legend? Aft of center?

snobuilder

My Neo has been a good bargain. Not sure if their pricing is still as great a deal but they have some real nice features I like . The single latch ramp doors and the no piano hinge ramp flap are user friendly. No rivets in siding panels looks good as well. Tows great and I like where the axles are placed. Well balanced between trailer wt. and tongue wt. This is a 3 place inline. I have leaf spring axles.

jedoyle

Agree 100%. Our 18’ + 5’ inline NEO has been an awesome trailer for several years. Love the single latch in the middle of the doors. Tows great. Can’t go wrong with a NEO.

chunk06

Yes, they tow nice. The only thing I wish they had is the door latch style that Triton and Neo use. I also looked at Neo at the snow show when I bought the Legend. They appeared to be a nice trailer too. After how bad my last trailer towed and hearing people talk up how well Legend pulled I went with Legend.

skidont

I really like my Lightning by forest river . 7 x 27 all aluminum (2050 lbs) nothing fancy $7900 , Don't have to overspend to haul things

old abe

Agree 100%. Our 18’ + 5’ inline NEO has been an awesome trailer for several years. Love the single latch in the middle of the doors. Tows great. Can’t go wrong with a NEO.

The door latch, and locks are the best! Makes bolt cutters useless! No rivets nice. Park, and rest assured no breaking in by A--holes!

snobinge

I will speak to R&R as I have owned two new inlines from them. They offer a good bang for buck in the Slasher elite as it comes standard with options I would order. The trailer pulls well. That said my 3rd trailer will not be an R&R. Much of this has to do with how they do not stand behind their product. We have had issues with brakes on both trailers. Other than the brake issues the rest of the quality is on par with the value pricing. “Good from far, but far from good!” ;).

sweeperguy

Yes, they tow nice. The only thing I wish they had is the door latch style that Triton and Neo use. I also looked at Neo at the snow show when I bought the Legend. They appeared to be a nice trailer too. After how bad my last trailer towed and hearing people talk up how well Legend pulled I went with Legend.

Didn't really answer my question.

parker

I went from a Triton Clam shell 12' to a Stealth 7.5x14' w/ 5' V. Its considered a 2 place but I have fit three 137" sled in it. With two sleds it in you have plenty of room for gear. I also considered going with the 18' plus V and I'm glad I didn't go that route. These inline trailers are much larger then the clam shells. 90% of the time I only need to haul 2 sleds so the smaller trailer is better for storage, pulling and parking at the cabin. I also love the 7.5' wide.

Is your 7.5 x 14' plus 5'V a single axle ?
I'm going to guess you give up ease of maneuvering in the driveway etc when you go to a double axle, but weight of cargo will dictate 1 or 2 axles.
I've looked at the Single Axle 14+ and then thought that I may regret that later if I wanted to haul 3 sleds or move some furniture or building materials etc.

Highflyer

Is your 7.5 x 14' plus 5'V a single axle ?
I'm going to guess you give up ease of maneuvering in the driveway etc when you go to a double axle, but weight of cargo will dictate 1 or 2 axles.
I've looked at the Single Axle 14+ and then thought that I may regret that later if I wanted to haul 3 sleds or move some furniture or building materials etc.

My trailer has 2 axles. You won’t likely be able to move it around at without the use of a truck empty or not.

snoluver1

For what it's worth..... I tow multiple size trailers of differing weights on almost a daily basis, for work. The benefit of tandem axels for stability towing down the road, far out way any maneuverability issues. Regardless of weight being hauled. Just some food for thought.