Who out there has C&A pro skis

chickenbone76

What to know if they are worth the upgrade. Have a 2006 Polaris switchback and thinking of getting a pair. Should have done it sooner but sled still has posts of life in it to do the upgrade. What kind of runners do you run also.

snobuilder

c n a trail skis with shapers. Like them. Also like the pro ride skis on my 2013 indy SP with woodys...eager to get shapers on the indy also, just can't find a set.

coldfront

C&a adx's with 6 inch shapers. Straightest tracking most in control sled ive run. No darting at all. Holds it line all day. Of course having a properly balanced rear is a huge factor.

I have had quite a few different pairs of C&A's and I would take either the SLP Powder Pro or the SLP Mohawk over them any day. I have heard good things about those pro ride skis also.

-Mark

whaler

Just finished 4 day weekend after installing C&A XTX with 6" Woody's on an '09 F8. They were fantastic in deep snow and on trail. They track straight as ever on trail and float 100 times better in deep snow then stock ski. Wish I installed them sooner.

C&As are decent, I love slydogs but lately ive been running polaris grippers with just a 6 or 8" SnowStuds single carbide and o man do they track straight, float amazing and when you say turn she turns NOW!

My dad had slydogs with duals on his IQ switchbacks and loved them but now i set him up with SnowStuds duals on his '13 sb with the stock ProSteer skis and its amazing.

If your a trail rider only go with the narrower C&As and if your even occasional off trail guy for the money id go grippers for sure

snocrazy

Have been running C&A pro skis on my 2000 yamaha srx for 12,000 miles now. Love them. I run cheap 4" carbides and no picks in track.
I can not say any thing bad about them and they have lasted. Plenty of abuse.

chickenbone76

I'm looking for something that is both better on and off trail. That's why looking at the C&A xtx. How wide are the polaris gripper that were mentioned above?

The grippers are 7" at the front and 6 3/4" at the spindle, You will love them if you do both on and off, they have a deep square keel like the C&A skis and they are ALOT lighter, after you hold a gripper ski in your hand the C&As feel like boat anchors. You can run a 6" single carbide on a sled with a 144x2 and they still bite hard in the corners. very nice all around ski

snocrazy

The grippers are 7" at the front and 6 3/4" at the spindle, You will love them if you do both on and off, they have a deep square keel like the C&A skis and they are ALOT lighter, after you hold a gripper ski in your hand the C&As feel like boat anchors. You can run a 6" single carbide on a sled with a 144x2 and they still bite hard in the corners. very nice all around ski

The deep square keel is the key. Plus being wider obviously helps with flotation.
This is why I run the shortest carbides. Keel is enough in the snow conditions I ride.