Who will watch the State of the Union Address tonight?

stealthv

With every level of our local, state and federal government broken and bankrupt, what are we going to do about it? My gut says most Americans aren't ready to start another revolutionary war against their "fellow" Americans; they enjoy being entitled to everything too much.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited:

miaferominka

Yes I really did catch a fish this big last week on Gogebic.

obama_address.jpg

five dollar footlong

thunderstruck88

I miss George Washington Tom Jefferson, and all of the good presidents that stood up for OUR FREEDOM and was proud to be even though some of them came from England Americans They would not take no crap from anyone and put AMERICA first!!!

scottd

I gotta give the guy something, he is a smooth talker.

I think i'm going to run for the office though. He is the start of my agenda.

- Tort reform
- 10% reduction in the size of federal government per year for every year the people keep me in office (keep federal government more like corporate america). This includes also the number of federal agencies.
- Uncomplicate the tax code
- Tap domestic energy resources to include ANWR, offshore, etc
- Permanently open West Yellowstone to snowmobiles :D

ezra

I love this shot of the speech to grade school kids verry smooth verry smart you would not want to forget what to say to a class of 5th graders

Attachments

• OBAMASPEECH prompter.jpg
    OBAMASPEECH prompter.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 30

upbarleyboy

Quite a pep rally. All that was missing was Pelosi standing on Biden's shoulders in the victory formation. What a waste of tv time!!

jonesin

I loved the part about setting aside 30 billion for loans to small companies and individuals who cant get them becouse banks are loaning to only the bigger companies. (Ones that might pay the loan back).
Should I interpret that?
It is the housing scandel all over again. Someone with too much risk to get an ordinary loan, which they shouldn't get in the first place, gets a government backed loan and the government will take the risk with our money. What bad could possibly happen???
What's the definition of insanity?

At least we can build the first new nuclear power plant in what, 20 years, and we can now drill for oil. My chin about hit the floor until he laughed, indicated that it was a joke and it would only happen if we first drank the global warming cool-aid.

qber

At least BO might have a brain -I don't know if GB had one. GB was able to increase spending and reduce taxes and and drive up the debt - that's pretty clever. He left us a year ago with a wonderful economy- we owe everthing to GB.

onesnowman

Get right

At least BO might have a brain -I don't know if GB had one. GB was able to increase spending and reduce taxes and and drive up the debt - that's pretty clever. He left us a year ago with a wonderful economy- we owe everthing to GB.

You have to be kidding! Dems only make things look right, with over taxing of the man in the middle.

eagle1

These threads are great.lol If anybody thinks a Dem OR Rep can fix this country please send me some of what your smoking! Neither party can get their head out of their *** and stop bickering and pointing fingers to do whats right for this country.

jonesin

yep, and when G.B. was campaigning the first time and was saying how the economy was on the way down after 8 years of abuse, certain people SCREAMED that "he was preying on our fears". we soon found out that it was true.

the terrorist hoped that 911 would devistate the economy, but we got through that, somehow.

the housing crisis was legislated and made to happen, starting with clinton. if you look up the FACTS, you would see that G.B. warned against what was happening 13 times and the pelosi's and franks denied it right up to the end.

did republicans go along with way to much democrat spending, of course they did and that is part of what I hold against G.B. but to blame it all on him is wrong, at least when you base it on FACTS rather than feelings.

dooeragain

Supreme court was in the Frt. row & was miss quoted by the Pres. so they were not happy campers!!!! Oh how the B/S spins in Wash. can't believe any of Them!!!!!!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why would anyone bother to watch that crap to begin with? No need to watch a bunch of crap dribble out of a politicians mouth, when there is so many other channels to watch. Most people know what the state of this country is right now, with out being told. Did Pelosi have that stupid fricken grin on her face the whole time? She is the epitome of the C-WORD. :)

jonesin

Why would anyone bother to watch that crap to begin with? No need to watch a bunch of crap dribble out of a politicians mouth, when there is so many other channels to watch. Most people know what the state of this country is right now, with out being told. Did Pelosi have that stupid fricken grin on her face the whole time? She is the epitome of the C-WORD. :)

pretty much, I agree with you 100%
I for one just watched to see how many lies I could catch him in, 5 bold faced and numerous "little black lies"

jonesin

you did mean "crabby", right?

my second favorite 3 words, "ice cold beer" :)

scottd

Believe me if I was where you were last night I would not have watched either!!!