Who's all heading north for turkey day?

Can't wait to get up to the cabin. I guess they call that cabin fever. well anyways going up on tuesday night and stayin through sun. Should be a blast. going to help a friend of mine build a shelter over the top of his stacked up fire wood. Should be a pretty simple job. Also taking up some apple pie ( the alcohol drink ) mmmmmm-- goood. Can't wait. Have a happy thanksgiving everyone.

yamahachick

Yummmmy Apple pie!! That's is the best moonshine I have ever had!
I'm heading to Gaylord with my family can't wait for good food and family time... hopefully snow!!

Good bye city lights.. <font size="+2">Hello Country</font>
happy.gif

nytro_rtx

Can't wait either,headin up tues. afternoon or Wed. morning & stayin thru Sunday or Monday. Can't wait to cook & eat all the great food & be lazy. Then do a lil work to the sleds , do a lil drinkin, & a lil relaxin!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
nytro

gsxgirl

yamahachick, still have a few quarts of apple pie left over from the party! Left them up at the cabin. Sooo, the evening after our first ride is going to be a happy one!

toddspolaris, sounds like a great time!

Nytro, Happy Thanksgiving!

Think Snow!

thunderstruck88

Since I live in Ohio I can't be coming north (((( going south to my husbands family town of Marietta Ohio which is on the Ohio river Wishing I was up there to Have a very safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all

Think snow, heck, last year at thanksgiving we were able to ride, I was in charge of taking out all my friends grandkids, only got to ride mid afternoon because of hunting season, but it was still a good time. Although I don't think we'll have snow this year, we'll just have to pretend. atleast get a photo or two sitting on the machines. Yamahachick and gsxgirl, sounds like you'll have fun after the first ride. Apple pie will sneak up on you. Be very careful. Have fun all.TAB

yamahachick

GSXgirl...so your not able to make up to the cabin for Thanksgiving? Remember what you said after the party...... "I'm not waiting that long"
;} JK buddy I'll party for the both of us at Tam n Ditch pickle house. XXOO to you n Jeff.

TAB, you are not kidding wow that is so smooth going down but it hits ya like a ton of bricks a few hours later..... I love it!! Heck for the last four years there has been snow up north this year is gonna be so different.

sledheadM6

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Todd,You are not kidding when you said apple pie will sneak up on you.I was at gsxgirls party and had to much but it was well worth it good times and a good drink just have to be careful.

mrsskidoo

Its a great drink! But be careful it'll get ya!
Apple Pie Shot Recipe – A Fall Favorite

Home Bars, Recipes

Apple Pie Shot Apple Pie Shot Recipe:
One of our fall favorite shots is the Apple Pie Shot. There are several ways to prepare and serve this delicious treat, it is best prepared in advance so here’s how to do it…
Basic Ingredients: Vodka or Everclear (for bulk), Apple Juice, Cinnamon Sticks.
Preparation: Mix Apple Juice and Booze, either a good quality Vodka like Absolute or Skyy in equal parts (1 to 1) in a large container. Add 2 cinnamon sticks and allow to soak for a few hours or days.
For a stonger shot, replace Vodka with Everclear neutral grain spirits (151 or 190 proof) and it will knock your socks off!

For a bar setup, we like to keep this shot on hand for several weeks in the fall, so we prepare it in bulk. We use a clear empty glass vodka bottle with a pour spout as the dispensing container. To brew the concoction, we use a large apple juice bottle and empty out half of the juice, replacing that with our booze. Throw in a couple of cinnamon sticks and let it hatch for as long as you like. The booze will prevent any spoilage, but don’t let it sit too long. You can keep the serving bottle in your keg box to cool it down, then to serve, just pour into a 1 oz shot glass and top with whip cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Enjoy!

Tags: 151, apple pie shot, everclear, recipe, vodka

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 2nd, 2008 at 6:41 am and is filed under Home Bars, Recipes. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

thunderstruck88

thank you kindly for the apple pie drink formula sounds like a kick arse drink and will look forward to surprising my family with this can't wait to try it ya'll have a nice day !!!

gsxgirl

Serena, sorry, Jeff has to work Thanksgiving day. So sad! Although that will give the pie longer to bake!

My apple pie recipe is as follows:
1 gal apple juice
1 gal apple cider
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar

Bring all to a boil until sugars dissolve.

Remove from heat.

Let cool completely. Add a liter of Everclear.

Fill quart jars with two cinnamon sticks each. Pour in liquid.

Enjoy!!

mride460

gsxgirl, your recipe is the same one we use down here in the northeast lower, although I think we go lil heavier on the everclear!! lol.
I am on my way to the UP for turkey day tomorrow and staying up until the Sunday following. Sounds like its gonna be a good time for all!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Mike

jroz

Enjoy your time off! I get to work Friday, which is normally a floating holiday, because of layoffs. In addition, I get to do inventory SATURDAY night!! Layoffs, part of today's CHANGE!

gsxgirl, try using only half gal of apple juice, we've made lots of it and it just seems way better. and by the way, what kind of parties do you have? TAB

L

lenny

nytro xtx, you just may see a bit of snow while you are up here, hope you do!

nytro_rtx

lenny, i hope we atleast get some snow next weekend, even if it's not alot it's a start anyway and great to look at.
nytro
p.s. i'll be in contact with you soon about booking a backcountry ride.

F

fusion

Heading up Thursday P.M. after I chow down at the brothers house. Gotta install Rockmeister Yamaheater on the Vector and cut up a bunch of oak. Can't wait.