Who's Been Out

hermie

You guys are definitely dedicated!! 👍
Hello my name is Jeff and I have a addiction problem to snowmobiling. They say the 1st part is to admit you have a problem.😁😄😄 The problem after I have no plans on doing anything about besides get out and ride more. I am pretty sure that is a wrap for me on this terrible season.

indy_500

How did the trails hold up? Sounded like there were going to be quite a few people heading up to ride. I was glad we got up there yesterday as it was about 12 degrees cooler and cloudy all day. Also word on the street is there may be a buyer for the mosquito.
We did 75-80 miles from Pats in Greenland to South Range and back. Stopped at krupps for breakfast and Danced around on a few logging roads to mix things up as well. The mudhole areas around the firesteels by Mass were so-so when we took off around 10am eastern, little frozen from a night in the teens. When we returned 4 hrs later, after a HOT sun and upper 30s, the mud holes were getting very shotty. If one was to start in twin lakes should still have some rideable snow!

hermie

We did 75-80 miles from Pats in Greenland to South Range and back. Stopped at krupps for breakfast and Danced around on a few logging roads to mix things up as well. The mudhole areas around the firesteels by Mass were so-so when we took off around 10am eastern, little frozen from a night in the teens. When we returned 4 hrs later, after a HOT sun and upper 30s, the mud holes were getting very shotty. If one was to start in twin lakes should still have some rideable snow!
That's kinda what I was thinking would happen. We were able to make it to Houghton yesterday but I would think that would of been sketchy today as the snow got thinner once you were pass the south range. We were lucky and just happened to be up at our weekend house this week for spring break and mother nature finally cooperated for a change this winter. You seem as willing as we are to do what you got to do to get out and enjoy the sleds. 👍👍 Still can't believe we couldn't ride once from our house up here this winter but somehow we managed to ride 5 days and put on around 600 miles.

indy_500

You guys are definitely dedicated!! 👍
Ya ain’t lying! I look at it this way, spend the next 8 months wishing I got another ride in or just go do it, even if it means waking up at 4 am and driving 200 miles each way to squeeze some throttles! Both sleds had a half tank, I put a couple gallons in each to start the day and we were able run them both down to E which I was happy about as well!

lofsfire

Ya ain’t lying! I look at it this way, spend the next 8 months wishing I got another ride in or just go do it, even if it means waking up at 4 am and driving 200 miles each way to squeeze some throttles! Both sleds had a half tank, I put a couple gallons in each to start the day and we were able run them both down to E which I was happy about as well!
I would have driven from Indiana for that... Why didn't I? Well, timing was my problem all year!!! So in January for the two good weekends, we had. The kids had basketball games that did not want to miss. The first weekend I figured, not a big deal we had all winter. The second weekend we did go to South Bend, IN for Sunday and put 45 Miles on. It was just not the same but it allowed them to make their game on Saturday and ride on Sunday and I was still thinking we have time...

Then the warm-up came right in time for my trip to St Germain. We moved that to Rockland and rode Burgland to Lake of the Clouds for 105 miles. My friend and I that went up ended up in St Germain for Saturday night and made the best out of the museums in the area. Fast forward to the beginning of March, and I check the mail to find a Jury Summons for March 25. Now last year I had already looked at the calendar and if we got snow at the end of March I would be taking the kids for Spring Break. Well, I have been called like 4 times for jury duty and every time it's the same thing, go in waste a Monday get called back for the selection process then get removed because of my connection through the fire department. I have always ended up knowing the arresting offices. I check in before the 25th and I'm told, do not to report on Monday. call back on Monday after 5. I ended up not going at all! But it jacked my plans up with the kids, and of course, that's when we finally got snow... Then with Easter being this weekend, we are having dinner tonight... So this weekend was out Timing just sucked all around for me this year...

Oh, Indy, that Polaris charging station. Do you know anything about them? I think there was one in Burgland as well.
I was more wondering, if it was just for the power sports industry or if it was the same as for the cars? I think we have a long way to go for trail sleds to be able to use those... Lines can be long enough at the gas pump on a busy weekend...

Last edited:

hermie

Lofsfire I am not sure how they are taking payments on there charging station, but they are using the most common level 1 &2 plug configuration. So based on that most ev cars could charge there. Just not sure how the chargers are activated. Maybe you have to a account with Polaris? That would stink to have to wait for a car to charge so you can get back on the trail. Neat idea but seems like it has a long way to go. Sure be nice to see a bigger push for hydrogen. Also sorry Indy wasn't trying to answer for you I just happen to know a little about this as I am a sparky during my day job.🙂

Last edited:

hermie

Indy unfortunately you have the same problem as me and addiction to snowmobiling. 😁😁 It was nice to see people getting up there and spending some cash on area that really counts on sledders as one of their main revenues.

Last edited:

Airman68

We took our last ride at the end of February from Calumet and it wasn't that nice. I had it in my mind that was the last ride. Kinda put the sleds away at that point. Great pics!