WI Trail Funding Poll

What should be done to get more money into the trail system in WI?

• Try to get the CAP/STEP Program passed again

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • Raise the registration fee for ALL WI residents

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • Create a required trail sticker for anyone who rides in WI

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • Other... (Please send me a PM or post your ideas)

Votes: 12 8.2%

• Total voters

zozo2

jr37 you are right on. This too (a straight one-time registration increase) has been debated many times, and the reason a trail pass tied to cost of living changes started to emerge as a possibility was to build some type of automatic increases into the (registration) process without having to go back and re-do legislation to keep up with cost of living changes...but a straight registration increase would be fine with me and I believe most legislators, snowmobilers in general, etc. So lets do it. Might also save me from having to go to the Capitol to testify against something not good for the program.

snowshoe

Hit the brakes.......

So you first say we all pay the same and then you state that you pay more....so how is that the same?

Non awsc club member will pay:
$30 - 2yr
+$34.25- trail pass
+$20 membership dues to my club.
$84.25 TOTAL I dont see the same total here....hmmmm

So in review NO we all do not pay the same

There are some VERY good tools on the WI DNR site that can help you understand that snowmobile program and where your registration dollars go, I would suggest you check that out for some fact checking.
Actually you're wrong with the numbers. A trail pass for club members is $14 not $34.

whitedust

This poll is so old... yes a good read.... but as far as poll goes it should be rerun. The reason I say that is I was not sure what to do but warmed up to Cap/Step via informative discussions on JD. None of us know how the final details of the bill will emerge but certainley not worried about speed limits seeping in just not about that.

blu2u2

Thanks for your remarks whitedust! It is an old poll that I put together when I was very active with the AWSC. I wanted to try and gather others opinion on what should be done to get more funds back to the vital link (clubs) that allow the trails in WI to exist. From the very low number of votes it looks like my attempt was not as planned...

whitedust

Thanks for your remarks whitedust! It is an old poll that I put together when I was very active with the AWSC. I wanted to try and gather others opinion on what should be done to get more funds back to the vital link (clubs) that allow the trails in WI to exist. From the very low number of votes it looks like my attempt was not as planned...

I came around to support Cap/Step & think others did too & will just need to sort it out & understand that more money is needed & how to best do that.

D

Deleted member 10829

I'm all for it, but keep the darn stickers small! Soon we will have nothing but stickers on our sled. One for the UP, 2 for WI and at least one more if you want to ride in MN! Did I ever mention I hate extra registration and trail stickers on my sled! LOL

snowshoe

I hoped it helped inform some people and maybe even persuade them like whitedust said. It could also show that there is a general apathy to the trails and how they come to be every year. I hope it's just because back in October web traffic was down and now with the early winter people are out riding and not on here.