Wildcard Snowfall Event

Cat-ryder50

Just got done reading Johns new Forecast Text, with the possibility of some big snow event right before xmas.

Well it time to start doing the snow dance, pray to the snow gods, and whatever else I can make up. I have already booked my place and will go either way, but obviously would be alot more fun with heavy U.P. snows.

Hope we can all come together and make this happen :D

Cat_man

Dancing shoes are on. Being in southern MN I am already preparing for no riding in the next couple weeks, but I at least want a White Christmas and be able to enjoy seeing some of that beautiful white stuff!!!

Cat-ryder50

exactly how i feel.

Anyone have any weird rituals, that they "KNOW" will guarentee snow? when I was little I used to dance outside my parents house. I'm thinking about starting the dance again.

travman

Well first off i dont know of any failsafe snow storm rituals.lol I am anxiously waiting for snow though after investing in a 04 440 snopro this summer! Im from alpena,mi and we have only had 0.2in so far! Second slowest start to winter on record! This is getting downright depressing.I sure hope this wildcard pans out and it gets all of michigan along with the entire greatlakes with atleast 6in and it stays! I need to ride to stay sane! lol Maybe its time to move to alaska....

packerlandrider

RJB had similar sediments about this storm as John does. Said it was showing up on the models Tuesday night when he wrote but not so much last night. He says the models usually clear up differences once the present storm passes, so another thing to look forward too because looking out at rain in Houghton in the middle of December just ain't right. Maybe back home its sort of expected, but sitting here and looking at it sucks.

Ok,....... Everyone take the plows off your trucks,(the mounts included), Fog the snowblowers and sleds, put the shovels away and bring out the grass cutters and cut the lawn. When were all done it is sure to snow................ Oh yah and quit washing the cars so it will stop rainning !!!!

fusionfool

I saw John's "Wild Card Forecast". Hopfully he has an Ace in the hole just waiting to surprise us with for Christmas.

MJL

Maybe the clowns in Washington DC should operate out of the Keweenaw next week to help suck the jet stream down and storms in. We all know they do a good job of sucking the life out of this great country.

Go Pack Go! Go Pack Go!

mjkaliszak

Maybe the clowns in Washington DC should operate out of the Keweenaw next week to help suck the jet stream down and storms in. We all know they do a good job of sucking the life out of this great country.

Go Pack Go! Go Pack Go!

That's a good one...
Last night upon returning home, I actually had night-crawlers on my driveway, coming out of the ground in December, because we received so much rain yesterday. More than discouraging.

L

lenny

true true true

Go Pack Go! Go Pack Go!

winter_time

john just said on the radio that we are under a winter storm warning from 1pm to 7 pm tonight about 2-4 inches of accumulation

mezz

That is a refreshing thing to hear, though I hate to sound pessimistic, yes, 2-4" is better than nothing, the advisory comes into play merely because of the winds that will accompany the snow. It will be a better sight to see than rain that's for darn sure, but......-Mezz

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10829

Wildcard is gone as of John's forecast this morning. I'm not sure we will have a white Christmas this year!

whitedust

Wildcard is gone as of John's forecast this morning. I'm not sure we will have a white Christmas this year!

Mark are you kidding no snow at all in Spooner?...... No white Xmas? We have about 3-4 inches of very crusty white snow in Phelps. Our base is quite good where it has NOT been panned & 10 inches or so of fresh snow would have us riding. I must admitt that I'm usually measuring between 15-22 inches snow in the woods this time of year but our 3-4 inches is a lot better than bare ground for sure! Grandkids will be here tonight & they want to gravity sled Sat morning & we are good to go for that.:) I tested that with a belly flop & the old Flexable Flyer shot down the driveway hill on nice slick ice base. lol

cooksend

I wanna see a video of the belly flop and flexible flyer run down the hill! If you had a team I bet that would be in the running for best team video this year!

Mark are you kidding no snow at all in Spooner?...... No white Xmas? We have about 3-4 inches of very crusty white snow in Phelps. Our base is quite good where it has NOT been panned & 10 inches or so of fresh snow would have us riding. I must admitt that I'm usually measuring between 15-22 inches snow in the woods this time of year but our 3-4 inches is a lot better than bare ground for sure! Grandkids will be here tonight & they want to gravity sled Sat morning & we are good to go for that.:) I tested that with a belly flop & the old Flexable Flyer shot down the driveway hill on nice slick ice base. lol

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I think you came up with some good team names there:

Team Belly Flop
and
Team Flexible Flyer

have rings to them!

-John