Wisconsin Gov. Evers announces support

Not a good path to follow.
Will be the never ending rabbit hole.
No snow in half the state for 2 years, crickets.
Was north this past weekend for our snowmobile get together by car, Talked with the many bars, restaurants, they said yes way down from past years but manageable .

dfattack

I noticed numerous tourism billboards on 294 by O'hare last week advertising Wisconsin winter sports with lots of snow shown in the graphic. First thought I had was it must be really bad for them to advertise mid winter like that, especially when there was NO SNOW. I don't remember ever seeing that mid winter before or ever actually. Could be wrong.

indy_500

Not a good path to follow.
Will be the never ending rabbit hole.
No snow in half the state for 2 years, crickets.
Was north this past weekend for our snowmobile get together by car, Talked with the many bars, restaurants, they said yes way down from past years but manageable .
2 years? Last year was vilas counties 3rd snowiest winter on record I believe in 100+ years. Sure wasn’t great early on in the winter but was possibly the best march ever (when 75% of sledders are done for the year).

dfattack

How many large commercial plow/salt contractors with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment are feeling the same pain all over the state...
yes that is very sad. I hate thinking about any of these businesses struggling due to low snow. In fact, if it wasn't for all the regulation, high taxes, etc. etc. most businesses would be able to weather the storm so to speak or lack thereof.

2 years? Last year was vilas counties 3rd snowiest winter on record I believe in 100+ years. Sure wasn’t great early on in the winter but was possibly the best march ever (when 75% of sledders are done for the year).
Was talking about middle and south counties.
Was awesome last year in the northern half. you are correct.

Just concerned that once you go down this path where does it end?
Yes plowing companies, salting companies but, the bigger picture is what will be allowed?
I have had many friends with companies that are out of business due to thing out of there control.
Two of my employees' were business owners at one time, great people.
It is not easy for sure. That is why I never complaint on what the cost is.
Not trying to upset anyone, just concerned business owner.

euphoric1

Yes plowing companies, salting companies but, the bigger picture is what will be allowed?
I have had many friends with companies that are out of business due to thing out of there control.
exactly!

dfattack

100% Agree with this. Unless a business is obviously gouging I will not complain about what they are charging. I know what goes into running a business as many others do on this forum. The deserve getting what they can for what they are selling. They have families to support just like we do.

whitedust

Whats the going rate for a bloody mary these days ?....I had one last season in a well known northwoods establishment...Almost fell off the bar stool when she told me the $$$$...
That’s a difficult question to answer it’s like asking what is the going rate for a can of paint. All different types of paint none of it is typical and the same with Bloody Mary’s. Some Bloodys are 4 course meals with everything from sausages to fried chicken breasts on sticks. Best to ask what’s in the bloody first it’s pretty crazy now days.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some Bloodys are 4 course meals with everything from sausages to fried chicken breasts on sticks. Best to ask what’s in the bloody first it’s pretty crazy now days.
You mean like this one?

Pitmaster+Bloody+Mary+.png
They make this one at my favorite BBQ place.
25 ounces of Bloody Mary topped with a pork slider, 2 smoked chicken wings, Andouille sausage link and a half rack of ribs!

Now, back to the subject at hand, No Snow and the Worst Season for Winter Sports in years!
54 degrees in Neenah, Wisconsin February 21, 2024.
Unreal!​

SHOOT2KILL

That’s a difficult question to answer it’s like asking what is the going rate for a can of paint. All different types of paint none of it is typical and the same with Bloody Mary’s. Some Bloodys are 4 course meals with everything from sausages to fried chicken breasts on sticks. Best to ask what’s in the bloody first it’s pretty crazy now days.
Basic ...Nothing fancy...Overflowing with ice...

euphoric1

You mean like this one?

View attachment 69645
They make this one at my favorite BBQ place.
25 ounces of Bloody Mary topped with a pork slider, 2 smoked chicken wings, Andouille sausage link and a half rack of ribs!

Now, back to the subject at hand, No Snow and the Worst Season for Winter Sports in years!
54 degrees in Neenah, Wisconsin February 21, 2024.
Unreal!​
Gary... WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET THAT???

hybrid

400344752_853745746760259_2063180481916001869_n.jpg

united

What's the price on those? I know you are getting a lunch and some fun but just curious how much. Might be a good deal anyway.