Yamaha 600 twin engine ?

outrageous

Here are a few more pics of the new chaincase and jackshaft assembly.
Picsofmy77Exciterproject036.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject037.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject038.jpg

Hoosier

This is a great project. My dad has that exact Exciter. It hasn't been used in probably 10 years and will need some TLC, but I would like to get it going again someday. First sled I ever rode.

outrageous

77 Exciter custom update with pics

Just thought I would post a few pics and update progress on this project. I have been concentrating on the under hood stuff first. Driveline is all in, airbox is done, all electrical wiring harness is in, and now working on mounting a small radiator above the chain case. Everthing fits under the hood just fine. I was able to use all kinds of parts from the M/max donor sled, even all the handlebar controls and even hotgrips. Here are a few pics;
Picsofmy77Exciterproject044.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject048.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject060.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject058.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject059.jpg

snowbuff

Very nice!!! Love the attention to details, awesome. I do have a question. Are you concerened about the front motor mounts bring located on the upper half of the case? That would be a shame if you went out and broke the upper case. Please don't take that as a negitive remark, just an observation. Love the build.

outrageous

Grant; I will be using the 136' suspension on this project.

Snowbuff; That is where the factory mounts bolted on, so I guess I have no concerns. Wayne

outrageous

Here are a few more pics of radiator and clutch guard. Hard to believe that all of that junk fits under the hood with no problems.
Picsofmy77Exciterproject062.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject064.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject063.jpg

Hope to get more done this weekend.

700classic

That's going to be sweet when you get it finished! I think I would rather have backside planted on that then I would any 2011 sled!

outrageous

I've been really busy this summer and havn't been on this site for a while. Here are a few more pics of further progress.
Picsofmy77Exciterproject078.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject079.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject080.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject081.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject082.jpg

rp7x

lower arm

i'd fab that lower arm into the upper so it's not dragin all the time . make it into a " y"

outrageous

On a trailing arm front end, in order for the arms to stay in a constant motion, the radius rods must stay paralell at all times. If you connected the two together, they would pivot on the same radius and the trailing arms would not stay parallel to each other.

outrageous

Here are a few more pics of closing in the belly pan around the shock towers;
Picsofmy77Exciterproject085.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject084.jpg

Picsofmy77Exciterproject083.jpg

Most of the screws will be replaced with pop rivets upon final assembly.

outrageous

Unless I change my plans, the entire front suspension will be red. I am not into polishing aluminum, so probably will paint the pan and tunnel a bright silver. Hood will be red and white. Everything will be painted with a basecoat and then clear coat.