Yellowstone bike trip

polarisrider1

WOW is all we can say, staying here in Cody, and have toured most of the park and near by area's. Going down into the Grand Tetons today with a high of 67° will be a welcome cool down as yesterday was 101°.t At 45 MPH or less through the park the HD was getting pretty warm. Be sure to do Beartooth pass while you are hear Firecatguy, you will love it. But dress warm

Sweet!! My bike riding group panzed out. Then work got in the way

Firecatguy

Thats awesome you found snow to boot....sound like your having a great time...cant wait leaving in 5 days.....post more pics cant wait to hear and see more..When in Teton pk hit spiral mt looks to be a crazy ride to the top....Ride safe my friend.......

fusionfool

Here are a few more pics. First is a girl coming out of rest room and finds Mr Buffalo right there. This is an oh ^&%^& moment for her I am sure.
Buffalo_restroom.jpg
Second is our closest shot of a Griz just passed in front of the truck in front of us, by the time we got the camera out he was down in the woods. No front shot like we would like.
Grizz.jpg
Next is just a perfect ride through one of the passes.
Pass.jpg

Spent too much time in Jackson Hole going to Harley shop, and Million Dollar Bar, ext, did not do the corkscrew. Maybe next time. We will be riding one more day here around Cody, then back home with a short stop to Sturgis on the way back home.

Firecatguy

Here are a few more pics. First is a girl coming out of rest room and finds Mr Buffalo right there. This is an oh ^&%^& moment for her I am sure.
View attachment 47415
Second is our closest shot of a Griz just passed in front of the truck in front of us, by the time we got the camera out he was down in the woods. No front shot like we would like.
View attachment 47416
Next is just a perfect ride through one of the passes.
View attachment 47417

Spent too much time in Jackson Hole going to Harley shop, and Million Dollar Bar, ext, did not do the corkscrew. Maybe next time. We will be riding one more day here around Cody, then back home with a short stop to Sturgis on the way back home.

I was told about a rd in Cody that I guess is pretty cool for views.....60 miles out to a dead end then back......southfork rd

fusionfool

I was told about a rd in Cody that I guess is pretty cool for views.....60 miles out to a dead end then back......southfork rd

I bet that is 291 ends up out connecting to south fork.
We are staying at the Big Bear just down the hill from 291. We did not ride it but did think of it while map searching. Too many nice roads a week is not enough to ride them all.

ezra

just got back from a wedding for the daughter of worlds largest retailer of power sports parts & accessory's not 1 bike in the lot? real real nice set up though.
shouldn't all u kids be in SD this weekend

Firecatguy

holy smokes...bikes and bikes and more bikes.....the park was packed with bikes and cody.........hey fusion are you a member of the HA? seen the National run was in cody when you where there.....them Boys saved our trip....

fusionfool

holy smokes...bikes and bikes and more bikes.....the park was packed with bikes and cody.........hey fusion are you a member of the HA? seen the National run was in cody when you where there.....them Boys saved our trip....

Firecat, Well I will only say that I am from WI and was a bit nervous while we were there for the last couple of days. We said nothing, and kept to our selves :)

Firecatguy

long story....one the guys with us got very sick and cut off and stopped in island pk.....when we got to west yellow we then noticed he was not with us...he could not go any more so he said he wanted a rest at gas station then head to hotel which was 30 miles away...bunch running back and forth he finally got up and headed to west but again he did not make it and headed to some crapy hotel 25 miles out west....skip ahead he ended up taking ambulance at 1am to ER.....he was 60 miles from his bike and another 25 from us so he got cab ride back to hotel and rested till morning......then it happened.....he lost his key....so we spend a day looking in ambulance, hotel pk lot etc but no key.......finally he said he have one shipped from home and catch us in sturgis.....we left him and kept going....2 days later the HA happen to be staying in same place.....ton more to story but to make it short ....they picked the ign and bags......he caught us the next morning....

- - - Updated - - -

wis plate on your bike at National Ha Rally might make for stressful times..lol

fusionfool

Glad to here he recovered, and was well enough to ride again. Also nice the HA had enough tech's with knowledge to pic the ign and get him going. We did talk to a few of the HA while there and jokingly asked if we were safe being from the "big O" state. They assured us that so long as we had no affiliation with them we were safe to be in town. I did make sure I was not wearing my regular Black bandana, for the rest of the trip just wore my HD labeled bandana.

michaeladams

lots of good riding, 11.00 to park at mount rushmore so we just hit the two pull off areas. where ever you find buffalo in yellowstone you will be in a traffic jam, took an hour to get past the heard. flat tire in vail colorado and a power sports place had some tires that they keep on hand. 250 for the tire and 100 bucks to install it, 4 hours later we were on our way. some rainy cloudy passes had me taking a bite out of my seat. and the ride to get out west and back, I now know why people trailer out.

- - - Updated - - -

also, no reservations for three bikes and no koa ever told us they were full. west yellowstone did say they had one site that they don't usually rent out, we said we'll take it. It was acually a pretty nice site.