Your new sled

timo

Coming from a Ski Doo guy that new Cat is sick looking! (in a good way) As fired up as u were to get it though I'm sure u were as excited if not more to present Grace with her new ride. Nice job. Congrats!

packerlandrider

Can't beat the smell of two stroke...

Looks great John! Love the crossover option to compliment the "153, hopefully will see you out putting it to work some time this winter.

Last edited:

quikhd

John

Great choice on your loaner sled! I could be called prejudice due to the new sled in my garage....:) The high country is such a cool cross over with a lot to offer! Can't wait to get some miles on mine! Hope you enjoy yours!

my new XF800 high country.jpg

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone!

Wish the snow had come through so I could give it a run, but looks like I will have to wait a bit longer!

Skylar is right, it's the 800. One of these days I might pull the trigger on a 1100 turbo. Just afraid if I took it out west, the sled might take me to places my talent might not be able to get me out of!

-John

B-Ridge Sledder

I have a 12' XF800 High Country and the thing is a blast. I could not see where you would need 153", maybe only a few days a year. I was in the kewenaw last few day of Feburary and begining of March when the area had the deepest snow of the year. Only stuck once and that was because i was trying to see how deep it would trench just messing around.
My brother got a 13' XF1100 turbo High Country this year so I will have soming to compare to. I'm really hoping I like the turbo because I love he 240+ hp options on the market.
423880_3446231041349_136101162_n.jpg

m8man

holy crap, does that thing look sweeet.

I could use one of those. super nice.

gosh, I have to quit looking.

later

m8man

jd

Administrator
Staff member
holy crap, does that thing look sweeet.

I could use one of those. super nice.

gosh, I have to quit looking.

later

m8man

Ah, just stop by Chads at lunch time, I bet he could dig one up for you.

-John

quikhd

Thanks everyone!

Wish the snow had come through so I could give it a run, but looks like I will have to wait a bit longer!

Skylar is right, it's the 800. One of these days I might pull the trigger on a 1100 turbo. Just afraid if I took it out west, the sled might take me to places my talent might not be able to get me out of!

-John

Hey John,

Did you get out and run the new sled yet? I got 90 miles in saturday night and even though they were all break in miles I am really liking this sled so far. Curious what your thoughts are of it when you get some time.

Tom

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Not yet, but the moment is drawing closer and closer! Getting really anxious too!

-John

quikhd

Well hoping you get a chance soon! I have a total of 175 on it now and starting to get comfortable with it. I have not found any draw backs to the sled as of yet. The telescoping handle bars are really usable and a nice feature. Can't wait to get the sled in the back woods and some deep powder to see it really shine. All I can say is make certain you break your belt in and you will have no worries with this sled. Happy New year!!!

Think Snow!!

Tom

catalac

Didn't say much about the way the sled worked for ya in your journal.
I know the snow wasn't as deep as your used to, but still had to get an idea.
Sure looks like a nice ride...

Looks like you had a real nice Christmas too.
I remember when my daughter would stand at the table and play with her dollhouse. Now she is 15 and plays with her phone all day. Time fly's!

Last edited:

jd

Administrator
Staff member
The sled worked great! The snow was not as deep and powdery as I am accustomed to, but I was still able to do some carving on it. Did not do too much hill climbing as I did not want to risk ripping lugs off the track.

On trail, the shorter track made it easier to control the sled, less pushing than on the mountain sled.

Looking forward to seeing how it can handle the deep stuff.

-John

quikhd

sled pic.jpg

Put the vented body panels on today. Lighter and better looking. Just wanted to share it with you John.

eagle1

Let's see that new kitty in action!!!!
Weather here today is killing me,43 and melting in Appleton. Can't wait till hit UP next week!