06 fusion 600 bad volt regulater

Hoosier

tgun - as I posted above, I found the new (and supposedly improved) part for around $75 before shipping.

docs_88

Just had to reply to this. I had the exact same problem w/ my 06 600. Had the VR replace at a dealer at a price I'm too ashamed to post but now also have problems with my handwarmers. Went riding last Friday and still can't feel the tips of my fingers. Could the new VR be that much different than the old one?

toolie

docs 88- After your fingers thaw out, (lol) I would take your sled back to the dealer that replaced your VR. I would think it would be under warranty. Have them figure it out and let us all know what the heck is going on. I have a susspicion that the old VR fried the hand warmers. But then again all my lights were not blown. I guess I should have gone to school to be come an electrician.

Hoosier

No, I haven't put it in yet. My sled is stored about 150 miles from where I live. I might get up there this weekend to do it. Otherwise next weekend.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the new vr on mine, handwarmers are as warm as ever. It is possible that your handwarmers are going out.

tgun

Did you guys have a lot of miles on before the VR went out? Mine went out at 600 miles and now my front shocks are leaking at 800. Always something.

Hoosier

Mine only has about 2000 miles, 1800 of which I put on it last year after I bought it used. No problems with it other than what was recalled (gas tank). I also had to get the secondary clutch adjusted, but that was likely a dealer setup issue.

tgun

Did you guys put your VR on it? If all is good then I am going to order one from babbitts as well.

toolie

Yes, I have installed the VR on my sled. Everything works great except my hand warmers. Haven't had a chance to look at yet. I wouldn't order from
Babbitts. Order from www.partspitstop.com. A little cheaper. Babbits hosed me. They wouldn't honor there price when it dropped to $77.00

toolie

IUSMIT and TGUN let me know when you install your VR if your hand warmers work. Thanks for all the info.

Hoosier

Toolie - I put mine in on Friday but there was no snow where my sled is stored so I didn't have a chance to use it (I did start it up but that's about all). We're supposed to be heading up on Wed. so I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.

toolie

I found out that my lights and hand warmers are still flickering. I'm gonna bring my sled in to the dealer this spring and have them look at it. I'm almost positive it's a ground issue. They work better than they did but i thinks it's a combination of things. I hate wiring.

Hoosier

That sucks! I'm heading up tonight, I sure hope the VR was the problem. I didn't see any obvious loose wires or anything like that but I didn't get a chance to test it out.

I didn't have any troubles with my brake light (so says the guys I was riding with), but I've read on other sites that Polaris' and other sleds have had trouble with the brake lights grouding out under the seat. Might be worth taking a look at.

Hoosier

Well the voltage regulator worked well and fixed all the problems - handwarmers, gauge and headlights. I rode it about 970 miles that way, really enjoying it, and then the engine locked up. Not sure what yet, but I dropped it off at a mechanic I trust. I'm assuming it's a piston at best. I think I'll have it fixed, I'll break it in, and then put it on ebay. Everytime I ride the think, something breaks. There are about 6 iq's/fusions in the extended group I ride with, and none of them have had any real problems, so I'm not down on Polaris. Just think mine has demons or something...

tgun

I finally ordered my VR from PartsPit. I guess they had a new vendor and now it has a new part number and a new price $163....still cheaper than the dealer but still way too high. I'll have mine in next week.

Iusmiit-I think yours was built on Friday. What will the next choice of poison be?

toolie

Iusmit- I'm glad Your new VR worked for you. I couldn't help but laugh when your engine locked up. Sorry. It seems like you just can't win with these fusions. Know I am worried that something like that could happen to me. How fast were you going when it locked up? I just dropped mine off at the dealer to have them look at my electrical problem. Hopefully i will here something by the end of the week. I truly hope there is nothing to majorly wrong with your sled. Keep me posted on what happened as i will keep you updated.