i understand when im finally riding and nobody on at 3 am

but this is ridiculous

let me tell u why

so much serious crap..too much moderation..and NO FUN or laughs anymore

so u guys choose..people aren't posting

and its only a matter of time

PD

WorkHardPlayHrd

Well I'm definitely not riding it's raining cats and dogs outside.

The only one's that had fun were the kids. Nothing personal but running around in circles in the field just doesn't trip my trigger anymore.

Couldn't get away from the ball and chain we call a farm to get to open trails.

To all of you that were able to get away I hope you had a great time and that the trails were awesome and the off trail riding had enough powder to keep you happy.

Hopefully not hearing from people means they're having a great time with friends and family over the holiday.

I will cross my fingers and hope mother nature remembers what winter is.

If not it looks like I'll be heading for northern Minnesota this year.

Happy New year PD!🍻🎆🎉

To many men on this site worried about exhaust sound and staying on trails, why would one comment? Geeze they hanging a kid out to dry for a video that John made comments about.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well Dan, if this site is no fun, and there is too much moderation, then quit visiting the site. Life is about choices.

Last edited:

cmharcou

I've been a pretty dedicated johndee fan for a decade and snowmobiler since 1997. I've noticed the amount of posts have really dropped off. I don' think that is because of any moderation rule I think it's social media. All these local clubs have their own Facebook page and updates and information is more available than it used to be. I used to come to John Dee for all trail info but now I can search specific areas/trails from the clubs page. There is also a ton of literature on facebook and trail reports i comments section so the information is out there. I hope johndee never goes away, because I look forward to logging on every day even in July. John's weather reports are something I trust more than any local weather man and it's a simple fact that you can't put on price on that experience and knowledge he has. He's also dedicated to it, where most weather man it becomes just a job and doesn't research it like JOhn does. John knows local business in the area, and everyone depends on this information to survive. Keep up the good work!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been a pretty dedicated johndee fan for a decade and snowmobiler since 1997. I've noticed the amount of posts have really dropped off. I don' think that is because of any moderation rule I think it's social media. All these local clubs have their own Facebook page and updates and information is more available than it used to be. I used to come to John Dee for all trail info but now I can search specific areas/trails from the clubs page. There is also a ton of literature on facebook and trail reports i comments section so the information is out there. I hope johndee never goes away, because I look forward to logging on every day even in July. John's weather reports are something I trust more than any local weather man and it's a simple fact that you can't put on price on that experience and knowledge he has. He's also dedicated to it, where most weather man it becomes just a job and doesn't research it like JOhn does. John knows local business in the area, and everyone depends on this information to survive. Keep up the good work!

Well said!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I did get a little chuckle when I read this. Saturday is by far the slowest day on the site. 10 pm (11 pm eastern) is snooze-ville.

The site as a whole is as busy as it ever has been. The discussion board is slower, but not really by a huge amount. Still upwards of 60-75 new posts a day and on the busy days, 100+.

I will agree that it is social media that has impacted a lot of discussion boards, but I am ok with that. The board is just a part of this site and not even in the top 5 reasons why folks come to the site. I sense a bit of a pull back from FB amongst some of the folks I know. Just too much of the same-old stuff. Plus your privacy is totally given up when you have a FB account. They data mine the crap out of you, even stuff you thought they were not getting into. FB probably know's you better than anyone else besides yourself!

Anyway, back on topic. It's a rough period in the weather and makes all of us snow lovers grumpy, including me. The forecast looks really good beyond tonight for the Northwoods and perhaps the northern 1/2 of the Midwest. That should turn some frowns upside down.

-John

D

Deleted member 10829

To me, it's very simple. People are less likely to post on the discussion board these days as no doubt someone will find something wrong with their post and attack and criticize them over it. Who needs that?

dfattack

To me, it's very simple. People are less likely to post on the discussion board these days as no doubt someone will find something wrong with their post and attack and criticize them over it. Who needs that?

Exactly what I was thinking. A handful of people who like to hover like eagles until someone says something they don't agree with then swoop in and attack. Nothing wrong with good debate, but it goes too far sometimes and I can see where that would turn people away. I know guys personally who come on this site and view only and don't comment for that very reason.

eagle1

You just gotta get with times Dan.....Instagram a big one, way easier post videos. Snapchat groups way funnerr. And most clubs use Facebook. Discussion boards are like library's now days.....old school.

whitedust

Definitely not too much moderation, imo, and I think they do a great job. Very rarely is a member sent to the corner for a time out hardly ever banded. As dfattack said certain folks do pounce and attack views in a nasty way which is unpleasant and doesn’t promote a discussion just gets defensive back and forth. I’ll always check JDS forecasts everyday and I do visit the discussion board hoping to see a detailed trail report from a member that wants to share. I do think we can have brand discussions as well for me I could care less what brand you ride I’ve had them all and like to hear opinions on handling, comfort, mpg, and performance of the big dogs since anything under 150hp isn’t anything I would buy but others will so I’ll listen to the info probably not comment but enjoy seat of the pants comparos. Snow and winter is here and I would rather read a recent trail report on JD than any other site. Hopefully there will be more sharing and less attacking but in any event I’ll be visiting JD daily.

old abe

I'm one how enjoys the early morning a whole lot more than the late night. You grow into this with age?

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm one how enjoys the early morning a whole lot more than the late night. You grow into this with age?

Agreed. I'm normally up at 330 am to get ready to go to work, work 9-11 hours. 1 hour commute each way. So, I'm normally heading to bed at 8 pm. That really doesn't change much on the weekend, no, I don't get up at 330, but normally up by 5-6. So far this morning, i got the dishes done, changed the oil in my car, and will be vacuuming my car out here in a bit. Then, I'll kick back, watch the Packer game, and maybe get a nappy in!