12/15/22

BigSix

2" of heavy, wet snow with slush on the bottom in northeast Green Bay. The east wind off of Lake Michigan kept us on the warm side too long. By Monday, this stuff will be like concrete.
My prediction of the slush turning to concrete by Monday was correct but it already happened today. It was 27 degrees this morning and dropped during the day. I made a sharp right turn today and I thought I tore the running board off of my pickup from the stuff that was slush yesterday IS concrete today but it just made lot of noise and no damage. About another inch on top of yesterdays wet snow today. Forecast says we won't be above freezing here for at least 2 weeks. Looks like we are guaranteed a white Christmas!

WorkHardPlayHrd

8 inches in Osseo Wisconsin, 16 inches in Ashland via my daughter at Northland College. That was yesterday the 16th when she left to come home for Christmas.

mspease

How close is dnr to letting you open up your trails? Hopefully with 15-20” on the ground it will be soon.
We would have opened the 12th, but the snow was so heavy and wet, trees and branches are down all over. It took one crew 3 hours to cover 1 mile of trail, and we have 100+ miles of trail. I tried posting some pics but had issues with that. We are hoping to be open by this weekend, but time will tell. Back out for about 6 hours again tomorrow.

goofy600

We would have opened the 12th, but the snow was so heavy and wet, trees and branches are down all over. It took one crew 3 hours to cover 1 mile of trail, and we have 100+ miles of trail. I tried posting some pics but had issues with that. We are hoping to be open by this weekend, but time will tell. Back out for about 6 hours again tomorrow.
Understand now that I’m trail boss for UP thunder riders have spent many hours cleaning and rec leaning trails to get them open. We had to bring in a midsize excavator and spend about 6 hrs clearing a beaver damn and trees off one section of trail that only gets used for snowmobiles, really like multi used trails because they get cleaned all year long. Good luck hopefully it all works out and you get them open soon.

euphoric1

I'm sure I speak for all of us but thank you guys, clubs, trail bosses etc. for all your hard work and commitment! without it what would we have! THANK YOU!!