2-stroke oil stains on trailer deck

xcsp

Any suggestions on cleaning up some oil stains on a wood trailer deck?

Going to look at a trailer and from the pictures it appears there are some stains in the plywood from where the 2-stroke sled exhaust exited onto the deck and stained the plywood decking.

Just curious if there's anything that could be done other than painting the wood to lessen the dark oil stains. If not okay but thought I'd ask.

ezra

would the sea and snow make the deck last longer than amsoil?
or just any old crap u drain out of f150 and roll on the deck work?
hey indy this has me thinking some atf on your deck would prob match those skis u painted pink a few yrs back

indy_500

would the sea and snow make the deck last longer than amsoil?
or just any old crap u drain out of f150 and roll on the deck work?
hey indy this has me thinking some atf on your deck would prob match those skis u painted pink a few yrs back

Or how about them stains from ur sleds undercarriage? It is a pussycat right?

polarisrider1

As far as the stains, belt sand them out. Why bother is my thought unless trailer is for sale, since they will be there again next year.

polarisrider1

xcsp, keep in mind it is a fricken trailer, doing what it is suppose to. your buddies will not judge you by the oil stains, they will be ever so happy you are tugging there sleds around in an enclosed trailer that the stains won't even be noticed. besides it makes it look like "you" use the trailer a lot!

xcsp

As far as the stains, belt sand them out. Why bother is my thought unless trailer is for sale, since they will be there again next year.

Didn't look as bad in person as it showed in a picture. Will be hauling a 4-stroke so no increase in oil-stained wood. Yeah, just a trailer, but like to keep stuff looking good.

Don't know that this will get them out completely, but I ground in oil-dri or kitty litter into my brushed concrete driveway. I cleaned it up more than 90%. With it being wood YMMV.