2001 skidoo formula 600

mojo

looking to purchase this sled I here the 600 motor strong. has sc10 suspension is this good sled or is the issues with them? I was looking at Polaris fuji 500 edge but I like the idea of reverse and electric start sled listed from a friend of a friend for 1500.00 has about 5000 miles on it. any input would be great thanks

whitedust

We had a bunch of doos in that vintage mxz, formulas,twins 600,583 triple triples, single piped triples too. Those were good engines 600,670 700s no worries or known issues that didn't start with doo until 2003 rev 600s. Doo 800 twin was problematic with crank seals but still was much better than poo 800 at the time but you are considering doo 600 or fugi 500 both very good engines in their day. I don't think you have any worries about engine quality.... handling doo was better sled, imo, tracked better, turned better than poo..... at the time.... bumps about the same maybe sc10 a bit better. Either sled is a good kid sled the 500 was an over achiever also rock soild engine.

mojo

wow i thought polaris have better suspension being edge with 13.9 travel vs skidoo 10 travel. i'm leaning the skidoo because of the extras it offers. just which it had electric gas gauge

whitedust

wow i thought polaris have better suspension being edge with 13.9 travel vs skidoo 10 travel. i'm leaning the skidoo because of the extras it offers. just which it had electric gas gauge

All I can tell you is poos were all over the trail took a lot of body control to throw them around the twistys the doos took far less effort to ride more point & shoot down the trail so you could push a poo rider off the trail via exhaustion may have been precision skis or flex skis were better than stock poo skis. SC10 then SCII was very capable. These were the years doo caught up & passed other OEMs as far as handling took over #1 spot in market poo was not sure what to do stayed too long with wedge got invloved with FAST for better handling then the Fusion ....bad design but tried to move on from wedge. The poos early 2000ish were not bad just better tech was rising from other OEMs.

mojo

well we got the skidoo but is there a shut of for the fuel? I see a shut off on the clutch side going to that carb.no idea what it is...

mojo

is there shut off for the fuel? I cant find it.

Heated carburetors how can you tell if they are on or off just a red dail.

ezra

look at lever on valve on heated carb line just like any valve if lever is in line with line it is on if 90% to the line off.
cant remember but I thought my 01mxz800 or was it a 02? cant remember the Olympic emblem one had fuel shut off but it has been 11 yrs.
are those rebuild able shocks on that thing ?
that is on thing I would deff consider if they have not been done in a few yrs.
and 5k on any sled is shaking the dice on a top end if u have the scratch and the ability a set of pistons is cheep insurance