2010 yamaha

rocketman356

Doesn't need 1 ! Yaa know ur paying for that warranty somewhere in the price.Nothing is free yaa know unless ur a Obama supporter.

dothedoo

Lol...the market was completely flooded with Yam sleds at the end of the 09 season and dealers were selling them for $2,000 less than competitive models. It's not a matter of demand for 4s sleds increasing. Still lots of 08-09 Yam models around so a cut in 2010 production should be warranted.

I don't think Yam is seen as making the best 4 stroke anymore, but they certainly are seen as the low price leader in the sled market.

ubee

Good business sense on Yamahas part! Why overproduce on sleds and make their dealers suffer like the other companies!Lots of other non-currents sitting in crates. Yami dealers will be dealing amoungst themselves for product! The snowmobile div is just a tiny part of YAMAHA /WORLD CORP. By far still the best 4 stroke out there!

marty__kms

My sleds better than your, no its not, yes it is, no its not…

I’m a business genius, no you aren’t, yes I am, no you aren’t…

My brand sells more than yours, no it doesn’t, yes it does, no it doesn’t…

Holy Wah…this gets old.

F

fusion

Anybody with a degree of business sense or economics education or experience should know this is a great thing for the company AND current owners of Yam products. It protects the value of your investment by not flooding the market with excess product and that means my nearly 20K in sled investments doesn't depreciate as much.

As for the guy thinking that Yamaha doesn't have the best 4s TECH in the bus, I think you are seriously mistaken. Who does it better? Polaris - no, AC - gawd no, BRP - getting closer, but give it about 5 years of consumer R&D before you crown their 4-Tech a public success. Yamaha has been making these 4S motors for sale in motorcycles for many years and they have the clear engineering advantage.

nytro

DO you mind if we change the subject for just a little bit, I would like to talk about BOATS as an investment. lol

jeepbob47

Boats, Not a finer investment tool in the world. Low risk high reward.(not) You know the old joke,,,,what are the two happiest days in a boaters life......the day he buys the boat and the day he sells the boat..other bad investments,wife then kids,,,,bad, real bad

maddogg

There was a funny acrynym floating around for a boat. I remember it except for the O. Better ___ Another Thousand. Does anyone know the O?

F

fusion

Bad choice of words - admitedly. I'm accustomed to using "investment" to mean any significant cash outlay, regardless of return, in this case - negative. And trust me, over the last 10 or so years, I've done just as well or worse with a cash investment in some stocks as I have in most of my sleds. So at the moment I thought I INVESTED in the stock the illusion of high return seemed real until it tanked 20% in one week. BUT....

I'd take a Yamaha 4S anyday in an environment where the manufacturer is limiting production, as opposed to some archaic 2S tech being mass produced by manufacturer starved for cash and looking to enhance it by volume sale. Still a smart move by Yamaha to drop production, as an owner I go to sell my sled 3 -4 years down the road with less market saturation of year model I bought.

dothedoo

fusion...yamaha's track record of ill handling sleds with a magnitude of annoying issues is hurting them now that Poo and Cat make a decent 4 stroke and Doo makes what is looking like a much better 4 stroke.

whitedust

Very cool all this interest in 4s sleds. Buy whatever 4s you like is my view. Used to be "no way I'll never buy a 4s over 2s over my dead body". Now we are debating who makes a better 4s package which company markets 4s better & so on. This tells me 4s have evolved to a more horizontal group of riders. Seems all good to me & 4s an expanding market. No doubt Yamaha has the most 4s models & makes a darn good sled. AC making good 4s models, Doo also embracing 4tek & I hope Poo comes out with a Rush based 4s with a Poo engine not Weber. Doo 2s etek looks good ......not for me.... but others 2s tech to me is pretty weak compared to 4s for bullet proof trail sleds.

eagle1

Pesonally I think my sleds ROI is worth every penny! The days dreaming about riding, actually riding, do wonders for the soul.Priceless! 10 g's sitting in the bank or wasting away in the stock market hoping I can retire by 72, no thanks. Granted I'am not up to debt to my eye balls, but if I can afford to sled or boat then I'a'm buying it. Boat payment, insurance, gas,winterizing is $, sitting on the lake at sunset sipping a cold one.... PRICELESS!

ezra

I was talking to my dealer tonight and he seed they are doing well on sled sales.he seed to his surprise even better than 4x4 .they don't sell yami but still good news.on another note a dealer around me quit selling sleds this year but they were always high on pricing and kinda more a watercraft store.so maby that is why the other dealer is doing so well.

cmharcou

Yamaha's are so solid because they have been making 4 stroke engines forever for there R1 line up. Make a few changes in the motor to fit in the apex and they got the best snowmobile ever made. Cats and Doo got a long way to go to catch up with the bullet proof motor that yamaha makes.

marty__kms

Fusion,

Sorry about the joke at your expense, you did hit it on the head with your last post; over production is a huge issue for some of the manufactures in this industry, just look at the glut of 06,07,08,09 sleds you can still buy new in the crate. Buyer thinks he is getting a great deal, but is he really.

cm,

By the way, I think Rotax has been making four-strokes for many, many years and there is more than just a motor involved in a great snowmobile.

F

fusion

Good thread - Doothedoo, I don't deny there's problems with Yamaha skid frame/suspension, but motors are fairly bullet proof and that's what I need to have piece of mind to keep a sled beyond 2 years. 2 years has been the norm for me lately. Plus I got a voucher on the APEX for essentially a 5 yr warranty and no worries on a high horse power sled I always shyed away from because of worries about going BOOM!

Marty, you'd better be nice to me, I've talked deal with you on the phone before, and you just never know when I might have to "DoTheDoo". Yamaha messes up with me and I'll be back for E-Tek or 4-Tek before I'm old and feeble. I came very close to buying E-Tek this time around, but wanted another big power sled and couldn't really trust the 800R. We will see how this goes. I've spent a ton of time and money getting this APEX ready. Hopefully this weekend I can get some pics finally and post them out here.

marty__kms

Fusion,

I do sometimes wonder how many deals I lose because of my “sometimes” sarcasm on this site. (lol) Like they say though, joke them if they can’t take a …., wait a minute maybe I have that backwards.
I like to think our strong reputation as a straight forward Ski Doo dealer will win out over my being a smartass. Good luck with the new sled, hopefully all is well.