2012 800 polaris Assult 800 switchback

fatdaddy

I was thinking about buying this sled for the UP and going out west, I found one for $9200 and was wondering if any one has or tried this sled. This is not the rush type suspension and is a 144 x 1.375 track. Your thoughts on price and overall performance would be great

trackside

This is an amazing sled for the 50/50 rider. If you really want to get serious about mountain riding either put a 2" under it for the trip or rent. You will however be suprised as to where that sled will take you with the stock track. Most people spend a bit of time working on the set up to get the weight transfer under control and make it handle better in the twisty's. This is a great write up on just that: http://maxsled.com/snowmobile/2011-polaris-assault-switchback-suspension-tuning/

Let's hope for a great season!

ezra

imho that is a trail track I would see what kind of credit dealer will give u for a take off and go 1.75 IMHO 1.75 is a 60/40 track and if it really were me I would do a 2 in with scratches with replaceable tips
tracks usa will sometimes also give u some decent cash for a new takeoff

fatdaddy

Trackside,

thanks for the write up, the assult would mostly be a trail sled and some swamp busting with the trip out west every couple years. Any thoughts on the price? hows the Polaris 800's holding up I knew they had some issues in the past.

trackside

Trackside,

thanks for the write up, the assult would mostly be a trail sled and some swamp busting with the trip out west every couple years. Any thoughts on the price? hows the Polaris 800's holding up I knew they had some issues in the past.

You are correct. The early 800's (08,09 and 10) had a few issues. I went through them with my Assault in 2009. However considerable changes have been made and I loved my Pro last year and will be riding the 13 Pro RMK this year. The motor is solid and the chassis is amazing. Keep an eye on your inbox and I will send you a PM.

I am with ya Ezra! Can't beat how fun a sled is with the big lugs! If your ever down this way swing in and introduce yourself!

fatdaddy

Hey Trackside are you a dealer in WI, I have a cabin in Presque Isle and passed you dealership a few times. I have been riding POO for 12 years and purchased two 2012 ski doo etecs late last spring so I can't wait to ride. I still have my 09 IQ and my 03 xcsp that I will sell after christmas. I really like the switchback and with some of the deals I'm seeing I might just pull the trigger soon. Haydays is only a few weeks away and I'm itching get some new goodies this year. I'll look for your PM, buy the way I printed that write up just in case.

indy_500

Hey Trackside are you a dealer in WI, I have a cabin in Presque Isle and passed you dealership a few times. I have been riding POO for 12 years and purchased two 2012 ski doo etecs late last spring so I can't wait to ride. I still have my 09 IQ and my 03 xcsp that I will sell after christmas. I really like the switchback and with some of the deals I'm seeing I might just pull the trigger soon. Haydays is only a few weeks away and I'm itching get some new goodies this year. I'll look for your PM, buy the way I printed that write up just in case.
Yup he's in ER

L

lenny

I'd do exactly what Ezra suggested, put the 2" paddle on and run scratchers and you will have the best of both. I have been running that combo now and will not go back. You also get a major hole shot on the trail and great lift in the loose freshies,,,I said freshies. Speaking of freshies:

Attachments

• 2-27-12 001.jpg
    2-27-12 001.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 3-5-12 004.jpg
    3-5-12 004.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 49
L

lenny

now I am all excited

Attachments

• riding 4-17-11 009.jpg
    riding 4-17-11 009.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 35
  • riding 4-17-11 014.jpg
    riding 4-17-11 014.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 34
  • last ride 1.jpg
    last ride 1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 35
  • riding 002.JPG
    riding 002.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 34

trackside

HiJacker

Feeling like the post has been HiJacked but I have dreams of snow and can't stop. Here is one more for Frosty from the U.P. last year and a sneak peak of a 2013 Switchback Assault for Fatdaddy...

Cook Sled.jpg

Attachments

• Switch Assault.jpg
    Switch Assault.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 41