2014 Yamaha Viper

gogebic presidents 2013.jpg There is pics on dootalk, cat chassis all painted blue with yamaha stickers. To me I think this will make cat guys jump ship to yamaha. Better engine same chassis. Looks wicked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10829

Cut and paste it here. I can't wait to see what ezra has to say.

jr37

That is a sharp sled, but I don't believe Cat guys would jump ship for it.

Can't wait to see the line-ups from those 2 companies. Should be interesting.

snobuilder

I'm surprised to see this thread still up....similar threads with pics have vanished from 2 other sites this morning....LOL

lesledhead

Yeah, all others pics were pulled down on all sites. I'm sure John already has a message waiting for him on this one.

T

Team Elkhorn

That is a sharp sled, but I don't believe Cat guys would jump ship for it.

The rumors over here close to TRF is that they are making a blue one and a green one, take your pick

It wouldn't make this Cat guy jump ship. However, this is the sled I've been asking Cat to make for years. Now there is finally a reason to trade my beloved '07 Cat in. I'll take one in green of course.:D

whitedust

View attachment 38816 Hmmmmm......New yamis come out tomorrow. all questions will be answered then!!!!

Could be blue & green version so have to find out details tomorrow. If all made in TRF there will be lots of questions regarding build quality but just don't know until the 20th. Off top of my head on apperance I would not like white footwells but could be other colors as well.

6mile

What if this all a marketing gimmick. To get people interested in the '14 models. I would not put it past them, as there have been rumors of this co-branding of machines for over 10 years now. I do know that the public will be able to see them up close at the Hilton Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. Just so happens that is a block away from where I work.

whitedust

What if this all a marketing gimmick. To get people interested in the '14 models. I would not put it past them, as there have been rumors of this co-branding of machines for over 10 years now. I do know that the public will be able to see them up close at the Hilton Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. Just so happens that is a block away from where I work.

NOT what this is & would be dumb thing to do.

m8man

trail riding maybe. I still can't see any hardcore offtrail riders jumping to a 4 stroke.

at least I don't think I would considering I've had both.

m8man

MNBlizzard

Is this the beginning of the end for team blue...saw a report that in yamaha's sales, power sports sales make up 8% of total sales. Snowmobiles, atv's, dirt bikes make up this segment. Makes sense for them to exit and sell engines to cat. God, I hope not though...

Scandia

I hate to say it but it looks like it might be a cat that has been photoshopped. The blue looks a little weird. It would be cool though.

Scandia

Then again maybe not.

yamaha_zps2416a196.png