2014 Yamaha Viper

eagle1

here it is!!!!!

newyamaha.jpg

I was hoping for more, its a cat with a better engine for more money. Wonder If cat 1100(non turbo) people are excited enough to switch colors? Red color scheme does look sweet.

fredster

I'm intrigued with it. I love my Rage GT's engine, powerband and MPG's. But the handling is so-so and it's a heavy mutha, and I had to invest in new chaincase bearings and all new wheels in the skid because these were weak areas with the original deltabox design....and don't get me started on the hyfax wear. With the Viper I keep the best benefits of the 4 stroke but get a lighter better handling chassis along with no rear exhaust, which I love/hate due to saddlebag issues. It also offers push-button reverse, no more lever to mess with. And yes I want the LTX SE version in RED. Hot combo. If they bring out a solo touring version with a bigger windshield and mirrors it will be placed above the Rush Adventure on my "next sled" list. Let's hope it's overall a reliable sled, that part remains to be seen.

Noodles

I like it.I wonder if it will allways stay a 3 cylinder?It would be awesome with the 4 banger.I like 4 stroke sleds for trail riding and the turbo didnt do it for me.

yoopermike

Peeved that they didn't post weight and HP. Looks good though. Hopefully they bring this to the mountain class next year. If there's a 2015 Mountain Viper or Mountain Max that utilizes the M chassis and has a turbo/SC, I'm cashing in all my pop cans.

Last edited:

Modman440

It's cool looking but it's not a cat and it sure doesn't have an 800HO so that's where I stand

2 stroke for life
Modman out!!!!

fredster

XO on the Nytro motor and everyone raves about the off-the-line punch that engine has. Imagine it in a lighter chassis, should be great. And there is a supercharger kit for the existing motor so it won't be long before that's offered as a dealer-installed option.

SledTL

My SRX is looking better and better everyday. Never gonna buy a cat,,,,ill keep from brand bashing but yea don't really like it that much. I like the sound of the rear exhaust on a nice apex, the throaty growl, although the triple pipes still are the best sound around.

ss440

So does this mean that the cat 1100(nonturbo) will now have the nytro motor like the viper? Or is cat keeping the 1100, if so why buy the 1100 it cant compete in any way with the yamaha motor. Wonder if the other two will join forces and create a DooPoo?

harvest1121

I am thinking Yamaha gave them 2 stroke technology so they do not have the same sled competing. So maybe look for the Arctic Cat with the Yamaha 2 stroke motor.

frosty

I am a Cat guy thru and thru, but I have to say, that is a sweet looking Yammi! Yes, cat chasis, but it does have Yamaha's engineers finish on it. I feel that both companies did a superb job on bringing something new and fresh to the market place. Kudos to both Yamaha and Arctic Cat for bringing it! Love it, just hope it doesn't flop on its face. I may have a new trail sled next season "for the wife"!