2016 M8000 Michigan Clutching

se3racing

Picking up a new 2016 M8000 this week. Should I put the Arctic Cat stock low altitude clutching in it? Or do you north of the bridge guys have a better set up?

joks79

I have a BDX / SSI kit for low elevation and I'm not completely happy with it. I wish I would have gotten a speedwerx kit again.

mezz

This sled "should" have been set up for elevations in the "Mid-West" (0 to 3000'), however, depending on some factors, i.e., whether it was a "local" dealer set up, or a personal sellers set up, if your riding area is primarily in the Midwest, make sure it is set up for those parameters, it's easy to change out for higher elevation if or when needed.-Mezz

se3racing

This sled "should" have been set up for elevations in the "Mid-West" (0 to 3000'), however, depending on some factors, i.e., whether it was a "local" dealer set up, or a personal sellers set up, if your riding area is primarily in the Midwest, make sure it is set up for those parameters, it's easy to change out for higher elevation if or when needed.-Mezz
The sled came from dealer with high elevation kit. They are giving me the stock Arctic Cat low elevation parts. I don't want to waste my time insalling stock parts if there is a better after market alternative.

mezz

The sled came from dealer with high elevation kit. They are giving me the stock Arctic Cat low elevation parts. I don't want to waste my time insalling stock parts if there is a better after market alternative.

IMO stock parts are not a waste of time. Ran Cats for over 34 years, haven't been failed by them yet. If you have a warranty on this sled, you might want to consider that before you do any "after market" alternatives, but, to each their own. Enjoy that new ride!-Mezz

indy_500

Not trying to knock your mechanical skills, but if you're out asking this question then you will probably not notice and/or benefit from the results of somebody else's clutch kit. Every single persons riding style is different and the sled should be clutched as such. There is nothing wrong with "stock" 9.9/10 the reason you can't do something your buddy did, or you saw Chris burandt do in a video, is because you're lacking in the skills department, and aftermarket parts don't fix that... Just my honest opinion, and there's $4000 worth of aftermarket parts on my sled...

mezz

Not trying to knock your mechanical skills, but if you're out asking this question then you will probably not notice and/or benefit from the results of somebody else's clutch kit. Every single persons riding style is different and the sled should be clutched as such. There is nothing wrong with "stock" 9.9/10 the reason you can't do something your buddy did, or you saw Chris burandt do in a video, is because you're lacking in the skills department, and aftermarket parts don't fix that... Just my honest opinion, and there's $4000 worth of aftermarket parts on my sled...

Well put, snowhopper. You have come along way!- Good Man. -Mezz

durphee

Thats about right. I love the videos about dropping weight on sleds and the pro's usually state right off the bat, the best way to be a better sledder and drop weight is to go on a diet!