2024 Yamaha.Is it going to happen?

snobuilder

Quickest in the group!!!!!
f79c98ce-fe81-4ade-a083-5ebcc5ed0706-jpeg.68208

indy_500

this YAMAHA thread IS getting stupid ....with all the DOOlusion. ....LOL.... you Doo guys...why so insecure?
No insecurities here. If money were no object I’d still have a poo. Slightly Lighter handling and more playful, and better tech (7s gauge, smart warmers, etc). But, $3k higher for their cheapest 850, traditionally worse resale and reliability, worse fuel and oil mileage, just doesn’t make sense for the average person, and that’s why Doo has 40% market share. It’s not by coincidence. People buy what makes the most sense. Owning 15 year old sleds that handle like tanks don’t make sense for the average person, otherwise 40% of riders would own one…

pclark

this YAMAHA thread IS getting stupid ....with all the DOOlusion. ....LOL.... you Doo guys...why so insecure?
I bought my 2017 900 Ace in January of 2021. There were virtually no sleds for sale and I was willing to sit out the season but that sled became available because it's owner died of cancer, really wasn't even shopping for any specific brand at the time but I did want a 4 stroke. I have had 3 Yamaha's, 2 Polaris, and now the Ski Doo. If a nice Yamaha would have become available I probably would have bought one but it didn't and I am very happy with the Ski Doo. Maybe the question is "Why are you so one sided towards Yamaha? Have you even ridden any of the other brands?"

eagle1

I've been behind some of these "quick" sleds for miles doing 40 in 2' moguls trying to relive their "glory years"🙄🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

Hoosier

You aren't kidding. We were up riding and stopped in the bar next to the hotel after the day was over and were chatting with the others at the bar. A couple doo cheerleaders just kept talking about how awesome their 850 and turbo 900 were, and how bad it will be when there will only be 2 manufacturers since cat and yami are so behind the times and extinct. I think they rode about 3 hours that day. I'm just up there to have fun - why a grown man would care to keep telling a stranger why his sled is so much better and the other ones suck, I'll never understand.

timo

No insecurities here. If money were no object I’d still have a poo. Slightly Lighter handling and more playful, and better tech (7s gauge, smart warmers, etc). But, $3k higher for their cheapest 850, traditionally worse resale and reliability, worse fuel and oil mileage, just doesn’t make sense for the average person, and that’s why Doo has 40% market share. It’s not by coincidence. People buy what makes the most sense. Owning 15 year old sleds that handle like tanks don’t make sense for the average person, otherwise 40% of riders would own one…
Stop your wasting your efforts trying to explaining simple economics to him it's pointless.

snobuilder

I've been behind some of these "quick" sleds for miles doing 40 in 2' moguls trying to relive their "glory years"🙄🙄🤦🏼‍♂️
i haven't seen 2 foot moguls since I decided to ride in Wisco only. When trails get that bad EVERYONE is complaining...especially the $15 to $20K sleds owners...:ROFLMAO:

snobuilder

You aren't kidding. We were up riding and stopped in the bar next to the hotel after the day was over and were chatting with the others at the bar. A couple doo cheerleaders just kept talking about how awesome their 850 and turbo 900 were, and how bad it will be when there will only be 2 manufacturers since cat and yami are so behind the times and extinct. I think they rode about 3 hours that day. I'm just up there to have fun - why a grown man would care to keep telling a stranger why his sled is so much better and the other ones suck, I'll never understand.
Just like everything else in our lives the non thinking sheep will control our destiny.... from masks to vacs to a Doo for me and YOU!!:ROFLMAO:

On a side note I do respect Indy 500's opinion

Last edited:

ddhanna

Just like everything else in our lives the non thinking sheep will control our destiny.... from masks to vacs to a Doo for me and YOU!!:ROFLMAO:

On a side note I do respect Indy 500's opinion
Geez snobuilder, I only hope some day I too can earn your respect.

Hoosier

Guys on ty4stroke complaining all the yami's sold out in minutes again. Why they are having so much trouble making them - who knows?

whitedust

Guys on ty4stroke complaining all the yami's sold out in minutes again. Why they are having so much trouble making them - who knows?
Never will know but either Yamaha limits their unit order or Textron says that’s all we can mfg? Is there a 3rd choice?