2024 Yamaha.Is it going to happen?

kip

I have no clue Pete but thanks for the kind words. Wish I knew. 9R is not the same price as a Viper. Retail on a Viper for 2023 $16,199. 900R from what I can see is over $18,000 so I'll need a education on that SLedTL. Maybe you get a special deal from a fleet or rental dealer? Not sure, but I can't find it for under $18,000. I agree with you that prices are high but across the board for what it takes to build a Yamaha they're certainly holding their own with prices. Black & Gold throw back is selling crazy good already!

indy_500

I have no clue Pete but thanks for the kind words. Wish I knew. 9R is not the same price as a Viper. Retail on a Viper for 2023 $16,199. 900R from what I can see is over $18,000 so I'll need a education on that SLedTL. Maybe you get a special deal from a fleet or rental dealer? Not sure, but I can't find it for under $18,000. I agree with you that prices are high but across the board for what it takes to build a Yamaha they're certainly holding their own with prices. Black & Gold throw back is selling crazy good already!
Renegade Adrenaline 900 Turbo R is $16,149 msrp. 900 Turbo non-R (130 hp) is $14,449

kip

I couldn't find that price Indy, but thanks for letting me know. Obviously the Ski Doo is a better by for that model.

indy_500

I couldn't find that price Indy, but thanks for letting me know. Obviously the Ski Doo is a better by for that model.
That was 2024 prices. That is their base model though. Small dash standard shocks ripsaw track etc next models up are about $2000 increase

SledTL

That was 2024 prices. That is their base model though. Small dash standard shocks ripsaw track etc next models up are about $2000 increase
I'm into a sled for the engine, and figure most are. I don't care for track or dash to be honest. Despite people ripping on the AC dash it gives me everything I need to know and at the right angle.

indy_500

I'm into a sled for the engine, and figure most are. I don't care for track or dash to be honest. Despite people ripping on the AC dash it gives me everything I need to know and at the right angle.
Same here. My 23 Renegade 850 is an Adrenaline as well. MSRP was $13,949. For 24, all 2 strokes except the enduro model lost the renegade name. Therefore all renegades are now 4 strokes, and the 137” 2 stroke model is now called MXZ (insert model package) 137”. Kind of an odd change by Doo… fwiw a 24 MXZ Adrenaline 850 129” is $14,499, 137” is $14,699. Pretty reasonable for 165 Hp if you ask me. Polaris’ cheapest 850 trail sled msrp is $17k+

SledTL

Same here. My 23 Renegade 850 is an Adrenaline as well. MSRP was $13,949. For 24, all 2 strokes except the enduro model lost the renegade name. Therefore all renegades are now 4 strokes, and the 137” 2 stroke model is now called MXZ (insert model package) 137”. Kind of an odd change by Doo… fwiw a 24 MXZ Adrenaline 850 129” is $14,499, 137” is $14,699. Pretty reasonable for 165 Hp if you ask me. Polaris’ cheapest 850 trail sled msrp is $17k+
How are the adrenaline shocks? My viper has floats on the front and aluminum body on the rear. I ride pretty hard but really haven't done much adjusting minus skid springs. If they are junk the X package is more enticing.

indy_500

How are the adrenaline shocks? My viper has floats on the front and aluminum body on the rear. I ride pretty hard but really haven't done much adjusting minus skid springs. If they are junk the X package is more enticing.
I honestly have no complaints. Front suspension is amazing, smooth as silk. 2/3 of my riding on it has been 2up with the (not so) little man. Geared up we probably go 400 lbs together and with the stock torsion springs on highest setting, it’s not a bad ride at all. Will likely get the stiffer springs next year for us.

snobuilder

Why do you have to get so pissy so fast. I truly didn’t know what you meant and now I understand. By the way. I have a 2012 apex XTX so I’m well aware of how they handle and ride. I have over 5,000 miles on it. I love it. That’s why I kept it when I bought a new sled.
well then you don't doubt me ...why take offence?...LOL...I think you can understand what I meant by hybrid...not that hard to see if you own both a 2012 Apex and one of the newer high COG sleds that everyone seems to need.

dfattack

well then you don't doubt me ...why take offence?...LOL...I think you can understand what I meant by hybrid...not that hard to see if you own both a 2012 Apex and one of the newer high COG sleds that everyone seems to need.
No, didn't take offense at all. Never considered the seating position with the word hybrid. Many times people on here use abbreviations or words and have no clue what they are talking about…so I ask.

whitedust

The Yamaha chassis is a hybrid that lands in between the HIGH center of gravity sleds that everyone now offers and the pre 2003 sit down sleds that predate todays sleds. You may not be lifting the skis at will but the EPS in the corners on these lower COG true Yamahas are like no other sled offered today. Doubt me....I don't care.
Wasn’t the ill fated Fusion a hybrid too with the never can forget rider select feature. Lol

byr 13

I honestly have no complaints. Front suspension is amazing, smooth as silk. 2/3 of my riding on it has been 2up with the (not so) little man. Geared up we probably go 400 lbs together and with the stock torsion springs on highest setting, it’s not a bad ride at all. Will likely get the stiffer springs next year for us.
yes ski doo are hard to beat , great machines

Unfortunately this thread can go off in many directions and I am not trying to do that. I no longer wait to see what yamaha has to offer because I know they aren’t really Yamahas anymore. For decades I was only yamaha (since 1983). Lost count how many I bought. For years I bought one sled every year and maintained as many as 4 sleds for our family. Gave up waiting for them to make their own years ago. Very happy with Doo now, but would love more choice with having a true version of yammy as well as cat and poo’s continuous innovation. It makes all brands better with more competition.
dfattack I second that, My 14 vector is getting some miles on it, told my hubby not trading till Yami comes out with true Yami again with power steering, push button reverse and heated seat, looks like my dream sled won't happen. So will see which brand offers something close when the time finally comes to update, till then happy to keep my vector! His 18 viper is still in the shop, been over a year, still can't figure out what the problem is so Hes now riding a ski doo he picked up when dropping his off for repairs, Was lucky to get one, it was one someone had got sick of waiting for and canceled on it, so he snapped it up. I do like it but not as much as mine, Kind of liking the looks of the new switchback, but have lots of patience so will keep waiting and see. Probably heading up Sunday early for one last ride, what a great season.

euphoric1

Unfortunately this thread can go off in many directions and I am not trying to do that. I no longer wait to see what yamaha has to offer because I know they aren’t really Yamahas anymore. For decades I was only yamaha (since 1983). Lost count how many I bought. For years I bought one sled every year and maintained as many as 4 sleds for our family. Gave up waiting for them to make their own years ago. Very happy with Doo now, but would love more choice with having a true version of yammy as well as cat and poo’s continuous innovation. It makes all brands better with more competition.
well said!! Agree 110%

snobuilder

Wasn’t the ill fated Fusion a hybrid too with the never can forget rider select feature. Lol
The fusion chassis was also destroyed by the internet bullies. That chassis was ok . It was the 900 engined Fusion that was complained about BECAUSE of the engine . Yamaha engines are second to none including ....back in the day their 2 strokes... but currently, the Cat 2 strokes are head and shoulders above anything offered by Cat OR Doo.
Not familiar with the Polaris Fusion rider select but was that a predecessor to the current adjust on the fly suspensions that everyone wants to shell out $$$$ for?

dfattack

I will say, as much as I love my Mach...the Apex engine is sooo nice. At idle the whole sled doesn't vibrate, just smooth as butter.

whitedust

The fusion chassis was also destroyed by the internet bullies. That chassis was ok . It was the 900 engined Fusion that was complained about BECAUSE of the engine . Yamaha engines are second to none including ....back in the day their 2 strokes... but currently, the Cat 2 strokes are head and shoulders above anything offered by Cat OR Doo.
Not familiar with the Polaris Fusion rider select but was that a predecessor to the current adjust on the fly suspensions that everyone wants to shell out $$$$ for?
Polars Rider select moved the whole handle bar assembly back and forward in relation to the seat It was a laughable engineering abortion that was jettisoned with the rest of the fusion. All the other OEMs went with rider forward and simple adjustable risers. If the Apex was hybrid so was the fusion. The Apex unfortunately never went rider forward the Nytro did and imo if Yamaha had stayed with snowmobile design the Apex would have morphed into a cross between the Nytro and Apex. BUT that didn’t happen!😞

garageguy

I have the movable handle bars on my 06 fst nothing laughable about it. Works very well move the bars back a few clicks for trail cruising. Move them up for aggressive driving. It's a well engineered design as moving the bars back and forth does not move the skies.
I like mine and use it all the time.
You can settle into the backrest on long trips, or drive aggressive sitting up by the tank.