2024 Yamaha.Is it going to happen?

whitedust

I have the movable handle bars on my 06 fst nothing laughable about it. Works very well move the bars back a few clicks for trail cruising. Move them up for aggressive driving. It's a well engineered design as moving the bars back and forth does not move the skies.
I like mine and use it all the time.
You can settle into the backrest on long trips, or drive aggressive sitting up by the tank.
When you compare rider select with any adjustable riser you see how simple adjustable handlebar design can be. Rider select was way too complicated. Yes it worked but so do simple adjustable risers. I could never figure out why Polaris made rider select so complicated it was like adjustable riser was foreign to them.

whitedust

Based on garage guy’s description seems similar to adjustable riser…no?
That’s my point the adjustable riser does the same thing. The rider select is a complicated design. I think Polaris original idea was to also adjust the seat position in relationship to the handle bar position and why it was so complicated then it never got fully developed and went bye bye with the rest of the Fusion. If snowbuilder wants to call the Apex a hybrid then Fusion would be a hybrid too. Imo Yamaha did go rider forward with the Nytro and was easy to ride stand up and should have continued to evolve with the Apex into 1 chassis , eps and turbo engines. That would have been a kick ass sled!

ddhanna

I snowchecked an '06 700 (almost same as a 900) and it was by far the worst snowmobile I have ever owned. My dealer tried to talk me out of it. Now I wish I had went with the carbed 600 which was a decent sled but I just had to have this new "cleanfire" fuel injection. Can't believe it passed emissions and was good for about 7MPG. After about a year of misery, I sued Polaris over the POS. I'm not at liberty to discuss the details or outcome of the settlement. It all ended my dealings with Polaris. As a result of this experience, I believe they are overall a crappy company. As mentioned above, The rider select was the best thing about it. It allowed my kid to stand up and me to sit back.

snobuilder

I have the movable handle bars on my 06 fst nothing laughable about it. Works very well move the bars back a few clicks for trail cruising. Move them up for aggressive driving. It's a well engineered design as moving the bars back and forth does not move the skies.
I like mine and use it all the time.
You can settle into the backrest on long trips, or drive aggressive sitting up by the tank.

Compare to an adjustable riser.
You get confused easily.

snobuilder

All your diversion with the Polaris fusion doesn't apply to the Hybrid trail sleds with EPS that Yamaha has blessed us with. These chassis are in a class by themselves. The guys on a 1997 t0 200? Polaris Wedge or Edge chassis will also leave your modern $15K to $20K HIGH COG chassis in the pickers on a twisty trail. The 4 stroke Yammies will as well....LOL...

snobuilder

That’s my point the adjustable riser does the same thing. The rider select is a complicated design. I think Polaris original idea was to also adjust the seat position in relationship to the handle bar position and why it was so complicated then it never got fully developed and went bye bye with the rest of the Fusion. If snowbuilder wants to call the Apex a hybrid then Fusion would be a hybrid too. Imo Yamaha did go rider forward with the Nytro and was easy to ride stand up and should have continued to evolve with the Apex into 1 chassis , eps and turbo engines. That would have been a kick ass sled!
You sound like a Biden press conference of diversion.

snobuilder

I snowchecked an '06 700 (almost same as a 900) and it was by far the worst snowmobile I have ever owned. My dealer tried to talk me out of it. Now I wish I had went with the carbed 600 which was a decent sled but I just had to have this new "cleanfire" fuel injection. Can't believe it passed emissions and was good for about 7MPG. After about a year of misery, I sued Polaris over the POS. I'm not at liberty to discuss the details or outcome of the settlement. It all ended my dealings with Polaris. As a result of this experience, I believe they are overall a crappy company. As mentioned above, The rider select was the best thing about it. It allowed my kid to stand up and me to sit back.
You also sound like a Biden press conference of diversion,,.... what's your point?....you can't set up a sled?....LOL

whitedust

All your diversion with the Polaris fusion doesn't apply to the Hybrid trail sleds with EPS that Yamaha has blessed us with. These chassis are in a class by themselves. The guys on a 1997 t0 200? Polaris Wedge or Edge chassis will also leave your modern $15K to $20K HIGH COG chassis in the pickers on a twisty trail. The 4 stroke Yammies will as well....LOL...
Fusion did the same thing as Apex raised the seat from seat in prior models no different than Apex to be called so called hybrid. Zx 2003 doo would would corner better than any edge or wedge

indy_500

This conversation is getting pretty stupid in my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I get it, but if something was SOOOO good from the past, and everyone agreed so, manufacturers would be forced to still make it, because that’s what consumers would want to buy… there’s a reason everybody isn’t running the trails on 15 year old sleds. It’s because the new ones are THAT MUCH BETTER. I woke up at my hotel in St Germain and looked out at the sled parking lot. A good dozen sleds out there, all of them except my parents two sleds, were less than 5 yr old Black Doos. It’s not a coincidence…

pclark

This conversation is getting pretty stupid in my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I get it, but if something was SOOOO good from the past, and everyone agreed so, manufacturers would be forced to still make it, because that’s what consumers would want to buy… there’s a reason everybody isn’t running the trails on 15 year old sleds. It’s because the new ones are THAT MUCH BETTER. I woke up at my hotel in St Germain and looked out at the sled parking lot. A good dozen sleds out there, all of them except my parents two sleds, were less than 5 yr old Black Doos. It’s not a coincidence…
Just curious, what are your parents riding?

indy_500

Just curious, what are your parents riding?
02 XCSP 500 and a 14 Indy 600 SP. Actually bought the 02 I believe in 2011-2012 with 200 miles on it from a forum member. My dad rode it the first few years, then he bought an 04 xc sp 600 and gave the 02 to my mom. Then a few years ago, he bought the 14. This 02 has 7000 now. My mom is too afraid to try (and hate) anything newer. Been a great sled, was definitely nervous that it sat for 10 years at first. I put the 1” hacksaw from the 14 on it (put 1.25 on the 14), have done carb needle and seats twice, otherwise problem free. It sure sucks the gas though. Filled up before we took off yesterday, again in Conover, again in BJ, and before this mornings ride. I filled up our Doos when we got up here yesterday and never filled them up again. Still have 1/3 tank. My dad and I used to do some real high mile trail riding from 07-13, before I got into off trail riding. Used to never fire up the sleds unless we were going to do 150+, 200 was the norm. Averaged 3k per season. Now that I’ve been slowly getting back into trail riding (and this year FULLY back into it) they have been going more with us again, we keep it around 100 miles for a full day now (which is pretty good with a 10 yr old on the back!) My parents have gone with us to St Germain 3 times this winter. Also did two more local-ish rides with my dad this year. He turns 60 next month, and lurks on the site often.
F79C98CE-FE81-4ADE-A083-5EBCC5ED0706.jpeg

Last edited:

pclark

02 XCSP 500 and a 14 Indy 600 SP. Actually bought the 02 I believe in 2011-2012 with 200 miles on it from a forum member. My dad rode it the first few years, then he bought an 04 xc sp 600 and gave the 02 to my mom. Then a few years ago, he bought the 14. This 02 has 7000 now. My mom is too afraid to try (and hate) anything newer. Been a great sled, was definitely nervous that it sat for 10 years at first. I put the 1” hacksaw from the 14 on it (put 1.25 on the 14), have done carb needle and seats twice, otherwise problem free. It sure sucks the gas though. Filled up before we took off yesterday, again in Conover, again in BJ, and before this mornings ride. I filled up our Doos when we got up here yesterday and never filled them up again. Still have 1/3 tank. My dad and I used to do some real high mile trail riding from 07-13, before I got into off trail riding. Used to never fire up the sleds unless we were going to do 150+, 200 was the norm. Averaged 3k per season. Now that I’ve been slowly getting back into trail riding (and this year FULLY back into it) they have been going more with us again, we keep it around 100 miles for a full day now (which is pretty good with a 10 yr old on the back!) My parents have gone with us to St Germain 3 times this winter. Also did two more local-ish rides with my dad this year. He turns 60 next month, and lurks on the site often.
View attachment 68208
Nice, Glad you get time to spend with your parents doing something you all like. You are so right about the gas guzzlers those sleds are and it's amazing going from a 2 stroke 600 Classic which I loved to the 900 Ace Renegade 4 stroke and the mileage that they get. My old 600 still ran great and looked good when I sold it with 14,000 miles on it.
1679275564792.png