2024 Yamaha.Is it going to happen?

goofy600

The snowcheck process was a huge failure and to be frank embarrassing. We're still working to see how many of our orders will be processed. I went up the chain in Yamaha and let them know exactly what I thought. Wasn't enjoyable but had to be done.
Good for you, shame you had to but maybe hearing from their dealers especially good dealers may get so people in the company listing.

old abe

The snowcheck process was a huge failure and to be frank embarrassing. We're still working to see how many of our orders will be processed. I went up the chain in Yamaha and let them know exactly what I thought. Wasn't enjoyable but had to be done.
I get it with where you, Kip, and your family are at as a long time Yami dealer. Your family being the most committed to your brands that I've ever seen! However, the Yamaha company snowmobile business is where it's at as Yamaha's choice. Very said, but that's the FACT.

whitedust

Can you share what happened? Yamaha seems dependent on how many chassis AC can produce imo. Was there lack of commitment from AC to produce units for Yamaha or lack of commitment from Yamaha to order units from AC? Seems to me there can’t be cat and mouse relationship both need to commit to the numbers. Yamaha will sell sleds customers want them.

old abe

Can you share what happened? Yamaha seems dependent on how many chassis AC can produce imo. Was there lack of commitment from AC to produce units for Yamaha or lack of commitment from Yamaha to order units from AC? Seems to me there can’t be cat and mouse relationship both need to commit to the numbers. Yamaha will sell sleds customers want them.
I may be wrong on this whitedust, but from what I've heard from several on the AC side of the deal, is it's the lack of Yamaha engine production.? Perhaps this is because of a uncertain future?

whitedust

I may be wrong on this whitedust, but from what I've heard from several on the AC side of the deal, is it's the lack of Yamaha engine production.? Perhaps this is because of a uncertain future?
Seems to be lack of commitment to produce units somewhere in the process.

mezz

why is this such a concern with Doo owners?:ROFLMAO:
What do Doo owners have to do with this particular thread? It seems to me that your desire to poke at folks is your main priority rather than contributing in a positive sense. It's sad that you seem to feel the need to provoke folks on this site. It's getting old. Maybe try a gummy or two.

Last edited:

wiscrev

What do Doo owners have to do with this particular thread? It seem to me that your desire to poke at folks is your main priority rather than contributing in a positive sense. It's sad that you seem to feel the need to provoke folks on this site. It's getting old.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Tks Mezz

Hoosier

Seems to be lack of commitment to produce units somewhere in the process.
Yep, be nice to know what's going on but Yamaha never seems to share any info. When everything sells out instantly year after year and at premium prices, you'd think they'd figure out how to make more. Jared said production will be higher this coming year but they sold out immediately again.

snoden

Over on TY it seemed as if everyone who tried to place an order was denied. When they went to put in payment they were locked out and sent an email about being put on a waiting list. I'm not sure about this and could be wrong but, didn't Canada open up MY24 ordering a couple of days earlier than US customers? I know Canadians have had trouble in the previous years placing orders, so maybe this is a make-up year for them.

old abe

Yep, be nice to know what's going on but Yamaha never seems to share any info. When everything sells out instantly year after year and at premium prices, you'd think they'd figure out how to make more. Jared said production will be higher this coming year but they sold out immediately again.
Seems like FUBAR?

harvest1121

I won't order another Yamaha how they do preseason now.. Good thing a have a 2022 Sidewinder GT with 4 more years of warranty. My 2022 Skidoo 850 has 2 years left of warranty but will be worth nothing with miles on it. Wish I would of bought 2 Yamaha Sidewinder GT's rides and handles better then my Skidoo. I have both so guess I know what I am talking about. I could of bought a 2024 Skidoo 4stroke turbo with a big discount but its still not a Sidewinder with power steering.

dfattack

I won't order another Yamaha how they do preseason now.. Good thing a have a 2022 Sidewinder GT with 4 more years of warranty. My 2022 Skidoo 850 has 2 years left of warranty but will be worth nothing with miles on it. Wish I would of bought 2 Yamaha Sidewinder GT's rides and handles better then my Skidoo. I have both so guess I know what I am talking about. I could of bought a 2024 Skidoo 4stroke turbo with a big discount but its still not a Sidewinder with power steering.
Power steering is nice. I definitely miss it

dfattack

We need a new topic.

This Yamaha thing is getting sooo old. it is what it is. Nothing we can do about it. Same comments every year. If something changes great, we can all rejoice but in the mean time can we just have summer now?! :)

snobuilder

Yamaha has had high performnce (150hp) 4 stroke sleds since 2003 and PS since MY 2011... When will Doo catch up?

Last edited:

pclark

I think the ice will go out on Wednesday this week! Looking forward to getting the piers and lift in, 60 by Saturday!
Also going to be building a garage this summer so anxious for the load limits to get off the roads and get the process started.