A Day for the Dogs

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Each year about this time the City of Neenah closes the city pool for the season. On the last day it's open to dogs as a fundraiser for the Neenah Animal Shelter and called Drool in the Pool. For a reasonable fee you can take your dog in for a swim and to socialize with the other dogs. They've been doing this for about 10 years and it's a huge success for the local non profit Animal Shelter. Here's a couple of pictures from my camera phone, not the best quality but it'll have to do.

Drool 1.jpg

Drool 3.jpg

After losing our first dog a Yellow Lab a few years ago we took a couple of years to move on and when it came time for another dog we decided on a Rescue Dog. Maggie's a mix of Fox Terrier and Yellow Lab and has turned out to be a loyal dog as pictured here.

Drool 2.jpg

Drool 4.jpg

After a couple of hours of swimming, running, jumping, sniffing I finally coaxed her into the truck and she's been sleeping since we got home.

Anyone else with pictures of their dogs? Past or present this would be the place to post them.

sweeperguy

20180429_152508.jpg
Snuffleupagus at the emergency room 2 days before he passed.
He doesn't look terrible but went down hill quickly after this visit to the vet.
Got this chihuahua to replace him. She was a rescue from hurricane Harvey
20180707_181533.jpg

Last edited:

durphee

5F780112-8462-4E3A-A786-6EA86D0C5267.jpg 83ACE03B-9105-420D-9300-8A909995745C.jpg

I adopted this 7 year old about 2 months ago and she’s been a great companion. One of her favorite hobbies is shedding, she is always with me! Took her a couple weeks to really learn to swim and now she loves the lake. She also loves her nightly walks and does not let you forget them. She’s been a great addition to the family.

slimcake

Both of my pups are rescues. Duece and Quila. This spring I had to put my big fella Duece down. He was 15 so had a good run. He is irreplaceable though. Duece because I am #1 and he was #2. Girlfriend at the time did not like to hear it. Could eat peanuts in the shell and leave the shell. Drank from the water fountain at work. Could go on and on. Such a good dog. Such a tough time putting him down. His bud Miss Quila is 6 years old and she is very smart. But female. If ya know what I mean.... Shes great. Part cat I think the way she rubs up on ya or sits on your foot. Dogs are great!! Just wish they lived as long as people do. kids2.jpg IMG_20160717_141735272.jpg IMG_20160324_175613966_HDR.jpg

wisco-mb

Madison does something like that every year. I've never gone, but pretty good turn out.
We adopted Bailey 3 years ago. She's a rottweiler/Sheppard mix. She was a rescue. She loves life on the water!

Bailey1.jpg
Bailey2.jpg
Bailey3.jpg

My wife wanted to foster dogs, and I agreed. We agreed upon 1 every 6 weeks. A lot of them come from Alabama. We started earlier this year.
Definitely takes some dedication and time, but they are so grateful!

D

Deleted member 10829

I love the Drool in the Pool idea! Very cool. I'm a huge dog lover and Daisy is the best dog we have ever had! It's too bad dogs lives are so short.

Outside on the table.jpg Don't wake me!.jpg Posing on the boat 2.jpg Ready for bed!.jpg

D

Deleted member 10829

My wife wanted to foster dogs, and I agreed. We agreed upon 1 every 6 weeks. A lot of them come from Alabama. We started earlier this year.
Definitely takes some dedication and time, but they are so grateful!

My hat is off to you and your wife for doing that! I'm sure it is very rewarding, but tough at the same time. :dog:

skiroule

The Drool in the Pool is a great idea. Maybe a little more drool in the pool but probably less pee. Some awesome member dog photos too! Pretty fun seeing other people's canine friends.

LoveMyDobe

Thank you to all who adopted a rescue dog. !!!! I volunteer for United Doberman Rescue and Canine Castaways of MN and Saving Shepherds of MN and also a few others. My 2 rescues Skye the Doberman and Danny Boy setter/retreiver

- - - Updated - - -

Photo10171230.jpg