Above the Law...LOL

ICT Sledder

I almost feel a little sorry for you and whatever world you live in. Worst of human history? I have seen the worst of what people can and will do to each other. I also have been a part of the good that people can and will do for each other. Law Enforcement as a necessary evil? Good luck with that one when something bad happens to you, your family, or your property.
When something legitimately bad happens to myself, my family, or my property I will be prepared to either handle it myself successfully, or I will be unsuccessful and injured or killed trying. Law enforcement will be there 20 minutes later to write a report.

That's legitimately the truth in almost every case. You guys exist to run traffic, and write reports on/investigate events that have already happened. Traffic enforcement needs to happen; and crimes definitely need to be properly recorded, investigated, and brought to trial, but the idea that an LEO is saving public life on a regular basis is pure fiction.

EDIT: And "worst of human history" refers to law enforcement in Germany, Italy, and Spain in the past, and places like China and Russia today. Think that couldn't ever happen here? Think again. The first cracks in that are some of the examples I gave in the prior post. The generally right-leaning US law enforcement community is, by and large, in a state of "thank you sir, may I have another" in their relationship with our current progressive-fascist governance.

Last edited:

united

One class/type of LEO - out of what... a half-dozen different class/types of LEO's - in one state out of fifty, thought THAT is where they might draw the line. Awesome!

I'm aware there is more stories like that here or there. That's what you might call anecdotal evidence. What we have on the other side is large-scale, verifiable evidence (the we might call empirical) of law enforcement agencies during Covid happy to put their foot down on the individual at the behest of the state. Or arresting parents voicing their unhappiness with school board at woke garbage being force fed to their children. How about the (admittedly goober-tastic, moronic) Jan 6th protesters being held for perpetuity without charges. There are PLENTY more examples of law enforcement who will do whatever their overlords tell them to do. And we're not even talking about the FBI. Good god... where do we even start with that clown show of political abuse, surveillance and entrapment?

The above is all a part of this super-special class of humans - the LEO "brothers" and "sisters", right?
WRONG. Again do you even know how to read? 2 strong sources in 2 states. That is empirical evidence. What you have ranted is not even anecdotal but some type of imaginary fantasy. You jump around a lot, I am not sure that I understand your viewpoint. Is it alcohol bad, cops bad?

ICT Sledder

WRONG. According to your own wisconsindot.gov source the leading contributor to motor vehicle deaths in Wisconsin is SPEED. Much like your earlier posts you play fast and loose with the facts. Do you even read?
Uh oh... capital letters. You must be super serious now.

"Impaired" driving is the leading cause of death in Wisconsin. Clear as day in my link. Have we confirmed they were both DUI because of the drink.

You know when you go ad hominem in a discussion, like you are starting the turn toward here, you're basically tapping out while pretending you're not actually tapping out.

Last edited:

ICT Sledder

WRONG. Again do you even know how to read? 2 strong sources in 2 states. That is empirical evidence. What you have ranted is not even anecdotal but some type of imaginary fantasy. You jump around a lot, I am not sure that understand your viewpoint. Is it alcohol bad, cops bad?
More ad hominem and capital letters. Good for you!

Last edited:

ICT Sledder

"Not interested in doing an autopsy on every point or statistic" Meaning not interested in the facts?
Feel free to google any story in that piece and let me know which ones didn't happen. I'm curious to hear your run-down.

Last edited:

rph130

One class/type of LEO - out of what... a half-dozen different class/types of LEO's - in one state out of fifty, thought THAT is where they might draw the line. Awesome!

I'm aware there is more stories like that here or there. That's what you might call anecdotal evidence. What we have on the other side is large-scale, verifiable evidence (the we might call empirical) of law enforcement agencies during Covid happy to put their foot down on the individual at the behest of the state. Or arresting parents voicing their unhappiness with school board at woke garbage being force fed to their children. How about the (admittedly goober-tastic, moronic) Jan 6th protesters being held for perpetuity without charges. There are PLENTY more examples of law enforcement who will do whatever their overlords tell them to do. And we're not even talking about the FBI. Good god... where do we even start with that clown show of political abuse, surveillance and entrapment?

The above is all a part of this super-special class of humans - the LEO "brothers" and "sisters", right?
I'm seeing an underlying agenda with your posts ICT. Tried and didn't make the cut for a position with local, county, or state law enforcement? Maybe the military or feds told you thanks but no thanks? Whatever the case may be, I can hear your position on the "brothers" and "sisters" in blue, wrong as it may be, and hope you can get some help for your paranoia of the police and our government, and I hope your hernia heals quickly so you can enjoy some snowmobile riding while there is still some season left.

wiscrev

Feel free to google any story in that piece and let me know which ones didn't happen. I'm curious to hear your run-down.
[1] I don't believe everything on the internet.
[2] As I have said other blogs, 10% ruin it for the other 90%, no matter race, creed, color, occupation and even "preppers."

ICT Sledder

I'm seeing an underlying agenda with your posts ICT. Tried and didn't make the cut for a position with local, county, or state law enforcement? Maybe the military or feds told you thanks but no thanks? Whatever the case may be, I can hear your position on the "brothers" and "sisters" in blue, wrong as it may be, and hope you can get some help for your paranoia of the police and our government, and I hope your hernia heals quickly so you can enjoy some snowmobile riding while there is still some season left.
There's still a cut? Who knew? And to think the news is talking about the lowering of LEO hiring standards to fill warm bodies into mass vacancies.

And since you're going there with the inane "wish I was one of yous" nonsense...

Finance degree. Self-employed in an overly-regulated field where I work at home in my pajamas if I want, with a professional license that is borderline impossible to get. A license that was seven years of hell (after college - a pre-req for the field) for me to secure. Income higher than the median police chief salary in the majority of US states - probably not all, I assume CA is probably pretty high. A lot more than the median in most states. And I could make a lot more in my field if I was a dirtbag without ethics, but that's not how I roll. Oh, and in drastic, stark contrast to yourself, I loathe the small number of dirtbags in my profession and wish them to lose their licenses and careers. Some of my peers even deserve to be brought up on financial securities fraud, but that doesn't happen to them as much as I wish either. Just like bad cops keep their jobs, right.

Live across the street from the sled trail up here deep in the northwoods. A thousand public lakes just in my county (or so they say). Have a 35x70 heated Morton building filled with toys for all the seasons. The wife and I moved for many reasons - the same reasons most are drawn here for vacation - so if you think I'm some depressed unhappy slob in a bad place personally or professionally then - LOLOL - I have a bridge to sell you.

Anywho... I'll leave you with some notable quotes, while you meanwhile wrap yourself up in the smothering comfort of your bloated, bankrupt (ethically and literally) government blanket, in the festering anal fissure that is your Chicago home base.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."

ICT Sledder

[1] I don't believe everything on the internet.
[2] As I have said other blogs, 10% ruin it for the other 90%, no matter race, creed, color, occupation and even "preppers."
Dude 10% of 800,000 LEO's across the country is lot of bad seeds. Just saying.

wiscrev

Dude 10% of 800,000 LEO's across the country is lot of bad seeds. Just saying.
Dude, I've already written you off as a bad seed! You are nothing but negative, negative, negative. You are overextending yuorself as it takes more muscles to frown than it is to smile-----proven fact.

ICT Sledder

Dude, I've already written you off as a bad seed!
Well good for you!

The line for the folks who enjoy giving fellacio to big government and armed bureaucrats forms over on the other side of the room. There's already a nice line forming, judging by the responses in this thread. You'll be in fine company.

snobuilder

When something legitimately bad happens to myself, my family, or my property I will be prepared to either handle it myself successfully, or I will be unsuccessful and injured or killed trying. Law enforcement will be there 20 minutes later to write a report.

That's legitimately the truth in almost every case. You guys exist to run traffic, and write reports on/investigate events that have already happened. Traffic enforcement needs to happen; and crimes definitely need to be properly recorded, investigated, and brought to trial, but the idea that an LEO is saving public life on a regular basis is pure fiction.

EDIT: And "worst of human history" refers to law enforcement in Germany, Italy, and Spain in the past, and places like China and Russia today. Think that couldn't ever happen here? Think again. The first cracks in that are some of the examples I gave in the prior post. The generally right-leaning US law enforcement community is, by and large, in a state of "thank you sir, may I have another" in their relationship with our current progressive-fascist governance.
We saw it all too often during the BS covid plannedemic. The sheep, including LEO were driven by their paychecks to conform and comply. Look at where Canada is. Justin Castro is living up to his daddy's name. The tyrants are getting the cooperation of them who are sworn to serve and protect to intimidate and control the same.

wiscrev

Well good for you!

The line for the folks who enjoy giving fellacio to big government and armed bureaucrats forms over on the other side of the room. There's already a nice line forming, judging by the responses in this thread. You'll be in fine company.
FYI, I don't like big government either, but there is that fine line at being courteous which I believe you don't have any courtesy at all, just sayin'. I love this country, ex-military, and I respect opinions, but there is that element of going overboard and being just a plain negative person. If I had your negative stance, I might be looking to leave for better country. {I don't think you'll find one, but if you do,?

snobuilder

FYI, I don't like big government either, but there is that fine line at being courteous which I believe you don't have any courtesy at all, just sayin'. I love this country, ex-military, and I respect opinions, but there is that element of going overboard and being just a plain negative person. If I had your negative stance, I might be looking to leave for better country. {I don't think you'll find one, but if you do,?
As ex military would you take up arms against the US civilians if ordered to? How will LEO and military decide the fine line if those orders come about? What will govern your decision what is the right side of the line? group think? sheep think? paycheck driven? It was fully displayed in the past 3 years or so.

Hopefully it will be based on an oath to uphold the constitution as written. ... I have my doubts.

Last edited:

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
How will LEO and military decide the fine line if those orders come about? What will govern your decision what is the right side of the line?
Hopefully it will be based on an oath to uphold the constitution as written. ... I have my doubts.
Damn, this is a dark thread! The last time we had to decide which side we were on, Lincoln was president and more than 600,000 Americans died. I wouldn't want to see that happen again BUT I've never seen the country more divided than it is right now. We can't agree on anything. I miss the days we could discuss the best sled to buy or the best oil to use. The best place to stop for lunch or lodging or ANYTHING besides politics. I guess those days are gone.

OK, I'm done venting.
Now back to more mudslinging, back biting, and venomous vitriol!
:rolleyes:
:05.18-flustered:

pclark

Damn, this is a dark thread! The last time we had to decide which side we were on, Lincoln was president and more than 600,000 Americans died. I wouldn't want to see that happen again BUT I've never seen the country more divided than it is right now. We can't agree on anything. I miss the days we could discuss the best sled to buy or the best oil to use. The best place to stop for lunch or lodging or ANYTHING besides politics. I guess those days are gone.

OK, I'm done venting.
Now back to more mudslinging, back biting, and venomous vitriol!
:rolleyes:
:05.18-flustered:
Was thinking the same........