And another one bites the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddah2

Sonia Ott, one of the owners, just posted on Facebook that Camel Riders WILL NOT be re-opening. This was one of the better restaurants
in the central U.P. if not the entire U.P. They've been in business since before we started coming up here which was 1995. Due to the draconian COVID restrictions and on-going expenses with no income they have chosen to not re-open. A serious damn shame!

pclark

That is bad news, what a great place. Hope they get back on their feet again, would like to stop and dine there again some day.

DaveZRT800

Man what a shame this was one of my most favorite restaurants to eat at when riding in the Munising area. Been going there for over 20 years. When will the insanity stop? Hopefully the Buckhorn will be able to hang on.

kip

What a dirty shame. Ruthless and useless Governor without a conscience. She will plenty to answer for when her times comes.

buddah2

...When will the insanity stop? Hopefully the Buckhorn will be able to hang on.

I haven't had the opportunity to talk to Ben (the owner) as yet but they've been doing carry-out all along...something Camel Riders couldn't or wouldn't do...and as "cozy" as Camel Riders is/was there was really no room for "social distancing"

- - - Updated - - -

What a dirty shame. Ruthless and useless Governor without a conscience. She will plenty to answer for when her times comes.

Speaking of useless did you see where she vetoed funding for extended unemployment benefits? That means many will lose their benefits come this Friday.

heckler56

I haven't had the opportunity to talk to Ben (the owner) as yet but they've been doing carry-out all along...something Camel Riders couldn't or wouldn't do...and as "cozy" as Camel Riders is/was there was really no room for "social distancing"

As you know, everyone in the area has small dining areas. I read that Wolf’s outdoor service was shutdown to just takeout. Really sickening to see this to these businesses. Every year we make the effort to stop and support them as they have us...

HIGHLANDER

if theres any positive in this, its that i wont have to ride back to camp on a full belly anymore. tho, many times weve driven there after a day of riding to avoid that...this is ashame, weve been know to eat there 2-3 nights in a row when up for the past 15yrs

dfattack

I sure hope everyone who voted for this wakes up at the next election and does the right thing. Trying to keep this within the rules.

1fujifilm

I sure hope everyone who voted for this wakes up at the next election and does the right thing. Trying to keep this within the rules.

Ever been to Detroit?
Way too many people in the city that outnumber the small towns.
I think we are in a downward cycle for 6 years..at least.

Bear

Sandylake

After daily fines of $1000 and now a court order the police came and arrested the owner of the Cafe Rosetta in Calumet MI for keeping her restuarant open.

I just drove by Walmart and then parking lot is packed.

Big business okay, small business not okay.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
After daily fines of $1000 and now a court order the police came and arrested the owner of the Cafe Rosetta in Calumet MI for keeping her restuarant open.

I just drove by Walmart and then parking lot is packed.

Big business okay, small business not okay.

Sickening isn't it?

bill_l

Perhaps it's time torememberthisposting:

Search Thread
Rate This Thread
Display
Default Thank you to thread post police
Thank you for eliminating the thread that was getting rather vicious , it really bothers me when you see people with their virtual poop slinging catapults seeing who can throw it the furthest, I know everybody’s nerves are a little rattled with all the events of the year and no snow but let’s get along everyone please and get back to what this site is all about, our passionate love for snowmobiling

kip

Can't say I disagree totally with bill_l. That being said, places to eat and drink at are a big part of our snowmobiling experience and we need them, and they need our support no matter the form. Tyranny is tyranny and it's unacceptable. I don't usually say too much having a business but sooner or later your backbone has to stick out!

whitedust

Can't say I disagree totally with bill_l. That being said, places to eat and drink at are a big part of our snowmobiling experience and we need them, and they need our support no matter the form. Tyranny is tyranny and it's unacceptable. I don't usually say too much having a business but sooner or later your backbone has to stick out!
I think we took bar/grills on trail for granted always can stop at the next establishment. I was wrong we need all of them especially when riding is over need a good dinner. Idk I’m considering lots of alternatives got to have some meals when riding for a week. Work around meals to eating out are going to be a must if the witch keeps eat inside restaurants closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.