Status
Not open for further replies.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
and yet MP is allowed to come here and stir the pot

They have never broken the rules.

The "pot" is simply your emotions.

You and only you have the power to remove the pot. Same goes for everyone else.

-John

dfattack

John or Moderators,

Not wanting to sound like a cry baby, but I want to understand the rules going forward...knowing what is fair game for topics/comments relating to what is happening in our country and how it relates to the sport that we come here for. I have tried to limit my comments to those that somehow relate to snowmobiling. Sometimes I have also joined in when it was just political discussion and I'm sure those topics are what you don't want to see. No problem. I don't want to break any rules but i guess I'm not sure if discussing businesses being closed (which effect us snowmobilers) due to government overreach is off limits. If it is, I won't bring it up or even pile on for that matter. Unfortunately the issues that are normally off limits here on this site are effecting our snowmobiling experiences and never imagined that being the case to this extent. Unbelievable times for sure. It's all interconnected, which is maybe why you have been so lenient with all of this. I'm usually a black and white kinda guy, but this is a grey area so to speak.

buddah2

Well, it was not me who deleted it. Although I can say with 100% confidence that if you refer to this board becoming the gestapo again, you won't have to worry about a post of yours ever being able to be removed again.

I never said nor even implied that it was you...but you DO have other moderators...

And like I mentioned some of the posts "probably" deserved it but that last one was extremely mundane and it being removed really irritated me...why wouldn't somebody that removed a post or posts at least message someone and tell them why a post was removed?

Sorry to of gotten on your bad side...I'll just ignore all the drivel in the future as tough as that may be for me to do given my personality

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never said nor even implied that it was you...but you DO have other moderators...

And like I mentioned some of the posts "probably" deserved it but that last one was extremely mundane and it being removed really irritated me...why wouldn't somebody that removed a post or posts at least message someone and tell them why a post was removed?

Sorry to of gotten on your bad side...I'll just ignore all the drivel in the future as tough as that may be for me to do given my personality

Wasn't me....

So Midwest Player, totally wrong. Since when do we tell healthy people to stay home? Totally backwards and foolish. If you're not comfortable or sick you stay home, it's pretty simple common sense really. Your thought process is much like a sheep. Follow, follow, follow. If you think this governor has done any good you need your head examined. Look at the chart? No, look around you! Jail those who don't obey? Head to California because that's where you belong. You talk like a damn fool.

No, you are the one who is wrong. The problem with covid is we don't know who is asymptomatic, and asymptomativ folks don't even know they are sick and contagious. Do you think it is fair that the other 400 restaurants in the western U.P. are playing by the rules, but a couple of bad apples are ruining it for everybody.These other restaurants also have families to feed.

You know I don't care if somebody wears their seat belt or not, but I surely care if someone drives drunk as I think most folks do. These bad apples are endangering my health, and I have a right to be concerned about that. Even when indoor dining was allowed, these jackasses at Cafe Rosetta refused to take any precautions against covid. Go on Trip Advisor and read some of the negative reviews about this place. Nothing to be proud of.

Oh, by the way they do have a "Go Fund Me" page set up for them. Why don't you make a contribution.

slimcake

Trolls trolls they live under a bridge. They can go find another place to raise a stink but this troll likes the jd . Just quit everyone. We know what comes of it... Oh and Midwest player I would love to meet you
How about I buy lunch at Rosettas Tuesday?

Vaccine mandate coming soon, take the JNJ if you have to
Vaccinate to keep your job. Irresponsible selfish people
Brought us to this unfortunately.

No, you are the one who is wrong. The problem with covid is we don't know who is asymptomatic, and asymptomativ folks don't even know they are sick and contagious. Do you think it is fair that the other 400 restaurants in the western U.P. are playing by the rules, but a couple of bad apples are ruining it for everybody.These other restaurants also have families to feed.

You know I don't care if somebody wears their seat belt or not, but I surely care if someone drives drunk as I think most folks do. These bad apples are endangering my health, and I have a right to be concerned about that. Even when indoor dining was allowed, these jackasses at Cafe Rosetta refused to take any precautions against covid. Go on Trip Advisor and read some of the negative reviews about this place. Nothing to be proud of.

Oh, by the way they do have a "Go Fund Me" page set up for them. Why don't you make a contribution.

Walmart is open in ironwood, small businesses are being forced to stay closed. There is no helping you, it’s beyond your comprehension. My 8 year old gets it. Ba Ba said the sheep

Stench

I feel I've earned a little street cred on this subject over the last few weeks. I spent a week in the hospital with respiratory failure due to Covid 19 symptoms. Yup, my birthday and Christmas secluded from my family, hooked up to oxygen, fighting to breathe. On Christmas day, they wanted to move me to the ICU and put me on the ventilator. Thank god I narrowly avoided that.
I BLAME NOBODY AND CONTINUE TO ADVOCATE FOR THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE.
We are a nation of free people. The sick have the right to shelter. I'm at home, weening off oxygen and desperately wanting to ride my sled. Others have the right to pursue goods and services outside their homes. Businesses have the right to flip the sign to open and welcome those seeking their goods and services.
Government in my great state of MN is dramatically short sighted. My kids (high schoolers) yearn to return to school. They are disconnected from social experiences, crossing their fingers they can compete in sports, and overwhelmingly exclaim this distance learning is making learning at all, much more difficult. IT IS THE GOVERNMENT'S DUTY TO PROVIDE THIS PUBLIC EDUCATION.
I continue to ponder..... we see these negative affects on kids and businesses. WHAT IS THE BENEFIT? Is it eliminating some sort of liability? Has anyone ever sued anyone for contracting the flu at their business?
The only thing I can point to is the mandates to shut down these businesses adds to the fear these regimes are trying create. FEAR is a very powerful motivator. The sheep will get scared and listen. The fine people on this site and within my social circles refuse to let fear mongers enter their lives. Stand up and be heard.

On a side note, my oldest is a Sophomore at Michigan Tech. He's an electrical engineer major attending on a football scholarship. His Spring and Fall semesters have been a joke. Staying on top of his studies, while remaining focused on working out - knowing there won't even be practice, let alone a season was really tough on him and his teammates. He'll be returning to campus next Sunday with hopes of a week of quarantine and then they're talking about trying to returning to in person learning in mid January. Baby steps, but maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel.

My point of this long winded rant? LET THE PEOPLE CHOOSE. It seems the Dems support this approach when it comes to abortion. Now they want to play god with healthy adults.

xsledder

I feel I've earned a little street cred on this subject over the last few weeks. I spent a week in the hospital with respiratory failure due to Covid 19 symptoms. Yup, my birthday and Christmas secluded from my family, hooked up to oxygen, fighting to breathe. On Christmas day, they wanted to move me to the ICU and put me on the ventilator. Thank god I narrowly avoided that.
I BLAME NOBODY AND CONTINUE TO ADVOCATE FOR THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE.
We are a nation of free people. The sick have the right to shelter. I'm at home, weening off oxygen and desperately wanting to ride my sled. Others have the right to pursue goods and services outside their homes. Businesses have the right to flip the sign to open and welcome those seeking their goods and services.
Government in my great state of MN is dramatically short sighted. My kids (high schoolers) yearn to return to school. They are disconnected from social experiences, crossing their fingers they can compete in sports, and overwhelmingly exclaim this distance learning is making learning at all, much more difficult. IT IS THE GOVERNMENT'S DUTY TO PROVIDE THIS PUBLIC EDUCATION.
I continue to ponder..... we see these negative affects on kids and businesses. WHAT IS THE BENEFIT? Is it eliminating some sort of liability? Has anyone ever sued anyone for contracting the flu at their business?
The only thing I can point to is the mandates to shut down these businesses adds to the fear these regimes are trying create. FEAR is a very powerful motivator. The sheep will get scared and listen. The fine people on this site and within my social circles refuse to let fear mongers enter their lives. Stand up and be heard.

On a side note, my oldest is a Sophomore at Michigan Tech. He's an electrical engineer major attending on a football scholarship. His Spring and Fall semesters have been a joke. Staying on top of his studies, while remaining focused on working out - knowing there won't even be practice, let alone a season was really tough on him and his teammates. He'll be returning to campus next Sunday with hopes of a week of quarantine and then they're talking about trying to returning to in person learning in mid January. Baby steps, but maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel.

My point of this long winded rant? LET THE PEOPLE CHOOSE. It seems the Dems support this approach when it comes to abortion. Now they want to play god with healthy adults.

Glade to here you are making a recovery from Covid. I wish you the best. My son is also a EE but at Iowa State and he returns next week. Again, they are having online classes with on campus labs. I too feel he is not getting that great of an education with the online stuff. I got my Civil E degree at Iowa State so I know what he should be getting out of his education and it looks like it is just not there. They are missing so much with this virtual stuff. Hopefully they will be returning to in-person learning soon.

To your point, I would just like to add, if they control your health they control you.

mezz

My best to you in your recovery xsledder, and, I agree with your sentiments. -Mezz

Status
Not open for further replies.