Any 2 wheeled off roaders looking forward to spring

ranlam

I got out today went right down the snowmobile trail but only the short sections in and out of town where it is thin and is also atv legal. Found a leatherman multi tool on the trail I know you want it nytro. Talked to some guy on a sled and that was all he was doing today was treasure hunting, snowmobilers have alot of pockets to close and sometimes we forget to close all of them. Felt good to ride again, went down some backroads prolly put on about 30 miles today. Got really wet. 3rd weekend in May is great, we'll be getting muddy.

mrfirecat

Neil,

I currently have a 300 MXC. I would like to get either a new 300 XC or XC-W. Not sure which direction to go yet. I love the torque of the 300. How do you like your 250 XC-W?

neil

I would have bought a 300 if I'd have been able to find one, but not sure if I'd have liked it better. My 250 has plenty of torque and low end power. I imagine I'd like the increased lower end of a 300, following the "bigger is better" theory, but I know I'm nowhere near getting the potential out of my 250

fish633

The 300 will easily pull a gear higher than the 250 in the same conditions.I felt the 250 to be quite a bit pipey'r than the 300.The 300 is a more linear power curve with out the lightswirch hit.Most guy's racing enduro's prefer the 200.Very light feeling and flickable but keeping it spooled up can be a handful.I really like the ktm 300 that I was lucky enough to ride.GasGas will be also be on the list when replacement time comes.The kdx is the best enduro bike I have owned so far and with all the mods and tuning figured out it is gonna be hard to change.
Mark Randy are we thinking may 16-17 or 23-24?The cp2r thing looking at the map a support vehicle would make it a lot more doable in 2 day's by not having to backtrack or lose time in transfer stages.Do you agree?

ybuy

I am not looking at my MI TRALE map as of right now but, if it helps the cp2r ride, overnight at my place in Florence Wi.54121

neil, mrfirecat, A 250 and a 300 pumpkin. SAAWEEETT!!

ranlam

Yeah definatly a support vehicle. That would be very cool to have a group of us. Alot of road and corridor riding but with great scenary and for a good cause.

sledhd1

I would be very interested in the ride in May. I have a WR450. Have always had 2 strokes. road the Parts Unlimited U.P ride last fall in Marquette I like it better with the more time I spend on it.Thanks RanLam for the info on trail location what kind of riding can one anticcapate?

ranlam

Fish... any of those weekends are great, you gather and submit a plan and we'll see if we can do it.
Sledhd1..that WR has to be sweet, I really want a 450 also.

nytro_rtx

ranlam, you lucky dog, got out for a ride already. i did pull the wr out of the back of the garage and plan to get out an evening or 2 this week and then more over the weekend.

sledhd1, wr 450 is a sweet ride, i ride a wr 400 and absolutly love it, it"s been bullet proof and i ride the crap out of it all the time. i'm looking to buy a yz450f and leaving my wr up north so i don't have to haul back & forth all the time. plus i'm looking for the extra power for hillclimbing.

where do you guys from no. illinois ride at? i'm always looking to ride with new people and at diferant places.
nytro

p.s. ranlam like the profile pic, what a day that was. can't wait to do it again next year or again this year if we get a april dump.

fish633

Buffalo Rock,Fox Valley,Little Egypt,Knobby Ridge,Cheq.national forest,Ottawa national, Lower Mich trail system,Leaf River,Hatfield-McCoy

nytro_rtx

fish, do ride the poker run and the enduro out of leaf river? the poker run was a blast last year but i didn't ride the enduro, rode it in the years past and plan to ride it again this year. I also rode the state championship hare scramble at fox valley(i think it the same place) a few years ago. we'll have to hook up and ride sometime and hopefully we all can make it up and ride together in the up.
nytro

fish633

Have done leaf river enduro in the past when it was still at the club grounds.Last Nov did poker run 2 laps had a riot.

fish633

Have done leaf river enduro in the past when it was still at the club grounds.Last Nov did poker run 2 laps had a riot. Still need to put front wheel bearings in the kdx.have not even started on the other two bikes I will email you tonight from home and maybe we can set something up

nytro_rtx

yea shoot me a e-mail and we'll get something setup. i'm ready to ride!! we did 2 laps also, looking forward to this years run already.
nytro

ranlam

The only way I can see to do the CP2R ride without a support vehicle is in three days of heavy riding. This is some figuring I did today.
1.White Pine to Houghton to Bergland, (I've done this by myself 2 years ago) this is about a 160-180 mile round trip would cover E,PF,P,BN trails.
2.Marenisco to Iron River to Land O Lakes (would have to trailer to Marenisco), my guess is about a 130-150 round trip. This would cover IRM,LL trails.
3.Bergland to Sidnaw and see about the CR & CE loop is around 120 miles round trip. This would cover B,CE,CR trails.
For a support vehicle to cover us would be a crap load of miles that person would have to drive.
This is a very ambitious plan and if it were covered in three days would have to be a record that prolly would never be beat. Not to mention we would have some pretty sore sacks. But I dont use my sack anymore anyway so lets ride.
Skip, do the CR and CE trails make a legal loop back to the B trail? Are they roads or trails?

canon

The support vehicle!

106909.jpg

ranlam

That is the best looking support vehicle I have ever seen! Canon you driving it, my bike and I will be in the back!

canon

Im thinking a couple of days on the bike after
walleye fishing for a week sounds pretty good.

So..

The weekend of the 23 rd looks pretty good for me.

How about setting up camp and tearing up some
nice state forest for a weekend instead of the 2 day
ball buster??

That Menomonee County has some good riding
and walleyes..

sledhd1

Fish633 I have been at the last 2 leaf river poker run / Dual sport ride last year there was some new trail cut was very good. have you ever run the naked city enduro in Indiana called the summer bummer?