Any 2 wheeled off roaders looking forward to spring

ezra

the 2 wheeled guys around my house run them all winter on the lake with studs .I have rode some buds on the ice wild how well thay hookup.

canon

2 wheelers are the only way to go.

nothing like passing the training wheel
crew in the woods and given um some
fresh dirt 4 lunch..

keep it side ways...

michaeladams

KDX 250,tame bike for an old guy.you can be in the wrong gear and it still pushes you up that hill.love it.i ride at knobby ridge,deracuse in adams county and arkansas wisconsin several times a year.thats not how you spell deracuse but i know how to get there

fish633

KDX'S Best trail bike ever built hate to see them go.A hand full of us hit the up a couple times a year.anyone wanting to join the fun are alway's welcome.Have done knobby a couple of times.There are some new single track loops over in jackson co. that look interesting.

sledhd1

Michaeladams I am 48 and still love to ride even do a couple enduro and harescrambles a year. You dont get old because you ride you get old because you dont. keep on riding

ybuy

I'm 51 and ride a 01KDX200 in the U.P. when ever I can. Tried a few times last year to hook up with ranlam and nytro but s*** always came up with me at the last minute.
I can only hope it's better this year.

ranlam

ybuy... Hopefully we can hook up this year. Get fish633 and nytro and we will have a nice little group. Any one else?

sledhd1

Ybuy kdx200 one of the best off road bikes of all time Jeff Freddette has 25 six day medals at least 20 were won on KDX 200

neil

I'm into dirt bikes too. I've rode at Knobby Ridge a few times and Arkansaw also. One of my favorites is Nemadji State forest in Mn, near duluth.
What kind of riding is there for bikes in the UP. All I've been able to find is the multi use trail, which sounds boring. Do any of you guys do any singletrack riding ?
Neil

ranlam

neil... there is great riding to be done on the MI-TRALE Pioneer trail and other great little areas shown on the MI-TRALE map. Email me if you wish to hook up and ride sometime this summer. I rode alot in Wisc. but I found the most technical riding in the UP.

neil

Thanks Ranlam
Hopefully I'll be able to take you up on that offer. Where in the UP do you usually ride?

MrFirecat what kind of KTM?

I have a XC-W 250

ranlam

sledhd1...Bergland to Rockland, Trail head is about 2 miles east of Bergland on the North Side of M28. IF your were to cross ref. with the snowmobile map it would be similar to trail 13. I ride from White Pine(E and PF trail) and hook up with the Pioneer trail and it is a good technical ride.

neil...this is the area I ride in. It is the most technical of the trails and I can ride from my garage in White Pine to Mass City to Bergland then back to White Pine and that is an outstanding ride.

Both of you guys should come UP and give it a try, Nytro and I ride alot together and are always looking for other guys to ride with. I've got a XR 400 and Nytro has a WR400.

Then you can see how good MI-TRALE is doing and maybe even think about joining. We need more dirt bikers in the club.

nytro_rtx

ranlam,
we need to try to get a weekend set up when all these guys can come up and we can show them around. the riding is great all over up there.

ezra, ice riding is a blast, and yea the traction is amazing. here's a pic from a couple years aga. i haven't had time the last couple years to ride(bought a place in white pine so spend every weekend sledn) but kept my tires and fenders so it's an easy switch.
106676.jpg

fish633

I will second the "weekend" idea let's start by choosing a month. throw it out there to see what sticks.3rd week in may looks like a good start any one else?

nytro_rtx

fish,
3rd weekend in may should work for me, alls i have to do is check my hillclimb schedule. i'll try to check it out tonight.
nytro