Any color in "The North Woods" yet?

MZEMS2

Heading up to the U.P. on the bike later this week. Gonna stay in Tomahawk Wed night, then Hurley for two nights and take a couple day trips outta Hurley. Hoping to head up to Bayfield and out to Madeline Island on Friday for a while, Porcupine Mts, Lake O The Clouds etc... Then Saturday we'll head south and west toward the "Big Muddy" and get home Sunday. Should be about 1000 miles altogether. CAN'T WAIT!! Hoping to see a bit of color while we roam around. :D

1437349513224.jpg

whitedust

Really been slow lots of warm weather & rain...started out good in August but way behind in September in Phelps. You will see some color in WI but not even giving color % yet on NBC Rhinelander. Not sure why but very slow compared to last 10 years.

L

lenny

Little bit

Attachments

• image-2678860847.jpg
    image-2678860847.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 382

90s

This past Saturday/Sunday rode thru Tomahawk, west to Bruce, north to Brule, to Port Wing, Herbster, Corny, Bayfield, Washburn, Ashland, Wakefield, South Boundry road, Ontanogin, Greenland, and South on 45 to Antigo, then East a few miles to home--color is just starting in all locations.

mrbb

not much color here in NE PA, but Lots of leaves are falling off due to a very dry summer here!
yard is covered with leave now and I been blowing it out about once a week for last few weeks

sweeperguy

Just got home from Seney today---Not much color yet.

Did you drive the Seney stretch, what is it like 30 miles of flat straight road. Put alot of folks to sleep out of boredom, especially after the fire in the early 70's. Must be pretty much forested back in by now isn't it. I haven't drove it in a LONG time.

snocrazy

colors just starting to really appear across the lake I live on. It is the very beginning around here.
This weekend forcast to be sunny and 80 sat and sun. Sure the trees are confused.

Go Fast or Go Home

Did you drive the Seney stretch, what is it like 30 miles of flat straight road. Put alot of folks to sleep out of boredom, especially after the fire in the early 70's. Must be pretty much forested back in by now isn't it. I haven't drove it in a LONG time.

I took to Highway 2 to 77 and straight up. Took the same way back. Made a quick trip to Grand Marias for pizza Monday evening. Can't remember the name of the bar but it is across the street from the gas station. Good pizza too.

L

lenny

In my neck hurts of the woods (Greenland) we are about 25% now, maybe a bit more even

We went from Land O' Lakes to Copper Harbor yesterday (9/26) and the further north you go the less color there is. By the time we got to CH it was pretty much all green with an occasional red or orange tree. Brockway was still beautiful because even though minimal color, you can still see for so far that you get an expanse of color. Hate to say it but I could not remember a time of being on Brockway that it wasn't covered in snow.........

I would say from Ontonagon County north, color could be as much as ten days out on being optimal???? Of course it always goes faster than you think.

eagle1

Hope to head up in a week from Monday for some sight seeing. Hopefully things get going.:)