Any color in "The North Woods" yet?

garyl62

Here is one from Sunday morning, looking from Hancock to Houghton, west side of the bridge. Still a long way to go.

Attachments

• 20151004_092736.jpg
    20151004_092736.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 218

fireworks

Thanks to the wife's schedule. We weren't able to go up till this weekend. Looks like we should get close to peak Wed thru Sunday. Packing now and heading up tomorrow night for LLB. Going to ride the chairlift at Mt. Bohemia Sat or Sunday.. Will post pictures this time. Bringing the good camera and tripod.

eagle1

Color really seemed to pop today. Few pics from Mellen,Wi. Copper Falls St. Park

Last edited:

whitedust

Leaves falling today and heavy rain forecasted for Thursday...just have to see how much falls and close to peak in Phelps.

scott_b

I took the dog for a walk this morning on the northern end of Gogebic. Very strange year for color. There are many trees that are bare, a lot that look at or near peak and then several that are still green. I would guess we are about at what "peak" will be this year around here.

eagle1

Man what a gorgeous evening last night!!! Long walk down to lake, few beers and fire. Best part, stars were amazing!!
Things you forget when don't make it north often enough....hmm maybe I should look into Krupps!?
Pic of the night-

whitedust

I took the dog for a walk this morning on the northern end of Gogebic. Very strange year for color. There are many trees that are bare, a lot that look at or near peak and then several that are still green. I would guess we are about at what "peak" will be this year around here.

Yep agree very different year for color some leaves just went brown an that was it. Not bright color year but still pretty.:)

L

lenny

Today, (wed)

Attachments

• image-3497365113.jpg
    image-3497365113.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image-304037405.jpg
    image-304037405.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 127

towtruck

wow thanks for the nice pics Lenny! I think "peak" is over rated!! I like a little green in the background, plus by the time everything has turned those bright reds and oranges are hitting the ground

fireworks

Colors are awesome right now. Have some great pictures off of Mt Houghton, Bare Bluff etc. Trouble uploading. Reduced pics down to 570 pixels and reduced dpi to 96. Not sure if it's internet connection or what is going on. Leaves held up through the rain yesterday. Woke up looking out the window of Mt Bohemia.

L

lenny

Fri around Greenland

Attachments

• image-1312297474.jpg
    image-1312297474.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3216461985.jpg
    image-3216461985.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited: