Any color in "The North Woods" yet?

L

lenny

Colors are changing rapidly. It's amazing from one day to the next how much more color.

Attachments

• image-4240600643.jpg
    image-4240600643.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 361
L

lenny

Exact same location as yesterday

Attachments

• image-3058703191.jpg
    image-3058703191.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 349
G

G

29 degrees here last night. That should make for some good color in a week or so.

MZEMS2

Rode about 1000 miles over the wknd and the best color we saw was in the Cheq Nat'l forest north of Eau Claire. Rode from the Madison, WI area up to Ontonagon, Bayfield, Hurley, down to Winona, MN, Lansing IA then back home. Great ride. Certainly seems things are running late this fall. This big swing in the weather outta get it going.

packerlandrider

Anyone got an update from the Huron Mountains, or anywhere between L'Anse and Marquette? Trying to decide between going down there this weekend or next weekend...

srt20

Lots of colors here in northern Ontario. Foleyet, Ontario. Lots of moose and bears too!

Internet to crappy to load pics.

sp123

The western up is getting close to peak probably 3-6 days away but the further north you go in the western up the less color so the northern sections of western up are still 6-8 days away from peak.

groomerdriver

Went from Rice Lake, WI to Hurley and back yesterday. Best colors NE of Hayward and especially between Clam Lake and Mellen. Would put the percentage at 50% at best IMO. Mostly yellows and just a few reds.

IMO....Hayward is at 30% and Rice Lake at 15%.

The last few nights have been really cool and this should get the trees going now.

eagle1

Headed up Monday for few days of camping at Copper Falls St.Park. Hopefully things are coming along. Any weekend reports?

towtruck

just got back home at 5am from 4 days in the twin lakes area- close to peak now and just beautiful, it's the UP

garyl62

South of Bruce Crossing at peak now, Twin Lakes probably close like towtruck says, Mohawk and north probably will be peak next weekend, but don't expect to find a hotel next weekend, Homecoming and Parents Wknd at Tech so everyone I talked with this weekend said "everyone" was sold out for next weekend.

groomerdriver

Drove from Rice Lake to Eagle River and back on Saturday. Was both surprised and disappointed that the colors to me are somewhat dull. Not the firery yellows, reds and oranges. Maybe it's all the warm weather we've had.

Color percentages varied greatly depending on where you were. Some at 50%, some at 25%. More yellows and burnt oranges and only a few reds. This weekend should/could be the best?

scott_b

We rode from Marinesco to Greenland yesterday and saw a variety of colors, there were some areas of decent color and some that looked like mid summer. From what I can see here at the north end of Lake Gogebic we are a few days to week away from peak.

packerlandrider

Was in the Huron Mountains yesterday. Far from the best at judging colors, but I would only say about 25%. Photo attachment isn't working for me otherwise I'd share a few.